Thread Starter #48
Day-8

Date: 31-12-2011
Day: Saturday
Destination: Local sightseeing Lansdowne
Start time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 1:00 PM
Total Hrs: 3:00 Hrs

Today we wake up at 7:00AM in the morning, last evening It was very cold over here, morning view of mountains from our hut was just amazing.

After breakfast first thing I was looking to get someone to clean my car as there was lots of dust all over the car, got it cleaned finally yippee it’s looking fine now.

We headed for local sightseeing by 10:00AM and it’s like wow what a calm and quiet place Lansdowne is! I must say that Lansdowne is nature lover’s paradise no doubt.

We first visited St Mary’s church and then Bhulla Lake which was very beautiful, had a boat ride there.

After that we visited Darwan singh sangrahalaya, it’s a war memorial, then we visited Mayur hotel for lunch had dosa there which was not good but being in cantonment area you don’t have much options.

After lunch we roamed around in local market little bit and then headed back to our hotel. On the way back we visited St John’s Catholic Church which was very nice place.

Find below the pics of local sightseeing at Lansdowne, first two pics are taken from our hut on 31st morning saw stunning views during sunrise and sunset

DSC04120.JPG

DSC04127.JPG

DSC04129.JPG

DSC04130.jpg

DSC04154.JPG

DSC04162.JPG

DSC04165.JPG

DSC04197.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #52
Day-8 contd...

Find below the pics of local sightseeing at Lansdowne

DSC04252.jpg

DSC04254.JPG

DSC04261.JPG

DSC04272.JPG

DSC04276.jpg

DSC04278.jpg

DSC04285.jpg

Above post completes our Day-8 log will post Day-9 log from Lansdowne to Delhi tomorrow

Regards

Thread Starter #53
I like the third picture, that's a nice catch buddy.
Thanks singh890, that's my favorite too, Lansdowne visit was a wonderful experience, this place is so clam and quite i felt so close to nature will visit this place again in monsoon heard that it looks more beautiful then.

Excellent detailing and pictures Toughguy. By the way, why did you take i10 when you have a Polo Diesel ? Secondly, how was the journey from Kotdwar to Landsdowe ?

Thread Starter #56
Excellent detailing and pictures Toughguy. By the way, why did you take i10 when you have a Polo Diesel ? Secondly, how was the journey from Kotdwar to Landsdowe ?
Oh i thought you read all my reviews and logs quite well [surprise]

I visited Auli in Dec'11 last week whereas purchased my Polo diesel in Feb'12 first week.

Will soon highways with my Polo my parents were out of town since last month so not manage to venture out anywhere [frustration]

Posting Lansdowne to Delhi log below.

Also you will take my Polo to Leh soon.

Fantastic Pics buddy..

Congrats:)
Thanks AppU for encouragement.

Thread Starter #57
Day-9

Date: 01-01-2012
Day: Sunday
Route taken: Lansdowne-Kotdwar-Najibabad-Bijnor-Meerut-Ghaziabad-New Delhi
Destination: New Delhi
Start Odo: 4863
End Odo: 5134
Total KM: 271
Number of Halts: 1
Start time: 9:30 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM
Total Hrs: 6:30 Hrs
Total halt time: Half n Hr

Started quite late from Lansdowne, made few calls to relatives to inquire about the status of fog in and around Delhi, have sigh of relief we don’t have to encounter any foggy morning today.

It’s very tough for us to end our journey, but we have to bid good bye to mountains and promise them that we will visit again very soon!

Started our journey back home from Kotdwar route which was very scenic, taken break at Monty Millions near Mirpur en route, food was just OK types in addition to that very poor service but you don’t have any other options available on this route, after few snacks over there we started again and spent more than hours to cross the Meerut city. As soon you enter UP you will automatically come to know that you are in UP, no need to confirm from others.

Crossed the usual Modinagar and Ghaziabad jams and reached my home by early evening.

Overall trip was quite good for us, en route we planned our next trip will share details with you in my next thread in itinerary section!

I would like to thanks my wife for being so supportive in whole trip, to all TAI members and readers for their encouragement and support, to 350Z for providing such a wonderful platform.

Special thanks to HVK for his inputs, he replied to all my queries on time.

Find below the pics of Day-9 from Lansdowne to New Delhi

DSC04307.JPG

DSC04309.JPG

DSC04315.JPG

DSC04322.JPG

DSC04323.JPG

DSC04329.JPG

DSC04333.JPG

DSC04335.JPG

Thread Starter #58
Day-9

Pics continue from Lansdowne to New Delhi:

DSC04338.JPG

DSC04362.JPG

DSC04366.JPG

DSC04367.JPG

DSC04380.JPG

DSC04386.JPG

DSC04400.JPG

DSC04401.JPG

This concludes the Day-9 and our Auli trip.

Thanks a lot to all of of you for your support, appreciation and encouragement!

Regards,

[:)]

Oh i thought you read all my reviews and logs quite well

I visited Auli in Dec'11 last week whereas purchased my Polo diesel in Feb'12 first week.

Will soon highways with my Polo my parents were out of town since last month so not manage to venture out anywhere [frustration]

Posting Lansdowne to Delhi log below.

Also you will take my Polo to Leh soon.
My mistake; I actually read most of the descriptions but forgot about it. [:)]

Ya, I would love to take your Polo to Leh if you allow me [lol]

Thread Starter #60
Ya, I would love to take your Polo to Leh if you allow me [lol]
Sorry for that [evil] i hate giving my car keys to anyone i don't even give them to my parking attendants very attached to my machines. Will surely love to take you with me on this trip if you allow me buddy[:)]

Top Bottom