i10 Car Cabin Vibrating & Shaking

Thread Starter #1
This morning when I cranked up my car engine car, it suddenly started shaking up and the whole cabin was vibrating a lot (on neutral gear). I thought to move it a bit but after putting on top gear the vibration reduced a bit but driving few 10-15 mtrs it was still vibrating, so I parked it as it is. And as soon I stopped and switched to neutral the vibration increased.

I Checked the engine oil level, it was fine, but don't know the cause [confused].

It is i10 Sportz, 5.5 years old, done 35k KMs till now regularly serviced and faced no issues till now.

Any clues or troubleshooting steps I can do?

Or should I drive it to nearest car mechanic or service center?

Hi mate
did you notice it only today ?
what are the RPM readings ?

if your car's RPM are idle then its nothing wrong with the engine.if RPM is too low then it means engine is hunting for idle and engine is stalling which means increased vibrations
If not its your engine mounts.It could be a cracked mount
change those and you'll be fine

it happens nothing to be worried about but yes its crucial you change it asap

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Yes its only today I noticed this. RMP readings were normal, but I didn't drive it much.
Will cracked engine mounts cause so much shake? As It's not just small vibration, but the car is shaking as soon as I crank up the engine and in halt.

Yes its only today I noticed this. RMP readings were normal, but I didn't drive it much.
Will cracked engine mounts cause so much shake? As It's not just small vibration, but the car is shaking as soon as I crank up the engine and in halt.
Oh yeah definitely

if the engine mounts broken then the car will shake. Its like your turning on a fan with a broken rotar.

Get it checked. If Rpm readings are okay then nothing is wrong with engine.
mind it vibrations occur when the ignition is not proper too.
that is the reason I asked you for rpm

say your car is having 3 cylinders and if only 2 works third one is missing ignition then car will be making vibrations too

Thread Starter #6
Yes, when I tried to press the gas pedal the RPM was not going beyond 3k and I was not getting the engine roaring sound. It was looking like engine is looking for more power or petrol.

I'll get the car checked this weekend. By then any guesses?

Yes, when I tried to press the gas pedal the RPM was not going beyond 3k and I was not getting the engine roaring sound. It was looking like engine is looking for more power or petrol.

I'll get the car checked this weekend. By then any guesses?
thats abnormal ignitions

Check if the spark plugs wires are tied up correctly

Take the engine cover off if it has any and then pull the spark plug wire clean it and put it back. do it one by one.(Same order )

see if that fixes the problem

Power leak can be the reason , when the spark is leaked it will lead to loss in power. If ignitions is problem then it could be
-spark plugs
-throttle body / injectors
-current leak
-Intake sensor / MAF
-O2 sensor on exhaust

Thread Starter #8
After my last 2 busy weeks today I took my car to the Hyundai service center.

They are saying that some electric module is not working and need t be replaced, this would cost 33 thousand. [frustration]

This is too much, I didn't expected this.

Please help.

Get second opinion or get it checked by some other mechanic. ECM replacement is doubtful.

HASS is known for rip off only.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks Anshuman,
I checked on other forums and found that some car owners got their ECM software re-flashed and the problem disappeared.

yes, I'm also thinking to get second opinion by visiting other service centers.

Thread Starter #13
Just checked with them, they are saying that the ECM cannot be upgraded or re-flashed as the hardware is not responding. This will need to be replaced or repaired.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Did you get the engine compartment. Washed? hyundai have stopped washing the engine compartments as it can lead to sensor failure. And it can be the ecm since advisor told me the price of 30000 for the same.

Top Bottom