Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13)

Thread Starter #31
Re: Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View

It is good to hear. I stay nearby hilly areas and I always prefer to visit those places in SX4 or Xylo. As those are some proven powerful cars and I myself drove them in hilly roads. But with Xcent, I was reluctant to go to ghat section. Anyways, soon will plan a trip to near by hill station and post my experience here. Thanks for clearing up @motorlover.

@All
Did someone feel that, storage space inside cabin is not adequate? Near the gear knob, we can hold 2 bottles/cup and a very little things. And on all 4 doors, we can hold 1ltr bottle + some items like snacks. With 2 kids on board, and a lot of snacks in hand, I felt this. :D

Last edited:

I had done a 180km drive over ghat section( virajpet). Drive was smooth, steering control and all. Putting AC on did create a considerable lag on engine though. As said earlier, keeping in ideal RPMs delivers the power we need than depending on the gear level. Downshift if needed to energize the drive..

Thread Starter #33

^^ Yours diesel or Petrol? Cause what I felt was diesel is little under-powered when compared to Petrol. And yes, turning on the A/C have some significant effect on pick-up but nothing like I felt in my Alto(which is terrible BTW).

Mine is petrol. Model S 1.2 VTVT. DIESEL is clearly underpowered. But as I read the reviews, its best suited for city drive than highways

Thread Starter #35

^^ What's the point of diesel, if not best suited for highways? BTW What kinda mileage are you getting?

May be aiming at customers who drive a lot within city daily. Haven't done tankful to tankful yet. Vitamin M short. Roughly I guess 16kmpl

Thread Starter #37

^^ Diesel and city run? An odd combo and most of diesel user's are at least have one short trip in a month.
Regarding mileage, same in my case. Roughly 16 i am getting but my last trip I was getting around 17 with full load. Quite surprised!

Thread Starter #38

@All
Today I was once again impressed with Xcent. I was on my way to office, in a almost free highway and about to over-take an lorry, after repeated honking, I was ready to overtake but all of a sudden, he turned right to avoid hitting a biker, and I had to stop the car to avoid collision, and guess what, braking is excellent and confident inspiring. If it is my Alto, I would have rear ended the lorry guy and who knows what could have happened? I was skeptic about the brake bites and was worried with brakes in highway runs, but now I can be so sure that it works as it should.

One thing I noticed is the power it delivers. Not a beast kind of power, but a uniform performer. Last week ran a railway station ride, four people and tight packed boot. Stuff like rice, coconut and banana. The homely tokens of love for my sister in chennai, you know. LOL. I found the rear pressed by the weight. But driving, I was thinking where is the weight! Didn't feel any loss in power.

@furious_driver : braking is good..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #40

^^ Yeah. You can see the same kinda experience in my recent travel experience. With 4 adults + 3 kids on board, plus, you know the kinda luggage we get from native village, gushed into boot. Nor once I felt it is under-powered, and it gave me clean nice pull, linear power and what 'wow'es me was, the suspension. I hit bumps twice at speeds of 50-60, but not even single bottom scraping and this is with full load. Then imagine how it will be with partial load.

I never imagined that Xcent will be good with suspension and handling, esp in highway, but it proved me wrong. Steering weighs up nicely at speeds and no concerns. If at all you want to point out something, I must say, speed sensing lock! Hyundai was sleeping at the discussion so it might have missed out this simple yet very useful feature.

Thread Starter #42

Also the fuel efficiency in the MID. Separate folding RVMs would have been great.
That might be too much, isn't it? I agree with MID, it is nothing but useless thing which they did to occupy the empty space in there! [:D]

Agree on the MID part. But that's the case with most of hyundai car's. I hope they do a software update for this.

Thread Starter #44

^^ Yeah, me too. Hope one day someone from Hyundai top management wake up from coma and see people whining online about this useless MID, and he do something to stop all the whining.

Why would Hyundai do something like this? How hard it is for them to implement it, when they can do all other things.

I dont know what was Hyundai thinking when it implemented useless feature of "Time Elapsed". Somebody should tell them that Indian's bother about avearge fuel consumption rather than avearge time travelled.

Thank God somebody was awake from Hyundai end and thankfully they provided Trip A and Trip B meters [clap]

Top Bottom