Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13)

Re: Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13

Usage shot from daily 20kms to daily 40kms. Now my monthly usage is somewhere between 1000-1200 kms. Filling petrol 2+ times a month cost me close to 6-7k and I don't think it makes sense economically. My EMI will end by Dec so essentially I'm spending close to 20k for my car, which used to be 15k earlier.

Do you guys think will buying a used diesel car make any sense? Since I didn't have a chance to drive any diesel car for long except SX4, I need your inputs. SX4 used to give me a mileage of 13-15 in city and I would like to know about other engines. As much as I hate going for Diesel engine, if it makes economical sense, then I'm up for it.
If you keep driving between 1000-1200 km per month used or new diesel car would not make much sense. We have both P and D vehicles at home , hence can comment.
You can save maximum Rs 2000-Rs 2500 bu switching to diesel car.

With diesel you can get more FE but retail price of diesel is nearing to petrol . Since your EMI would be over in next few months it does not make sense to buy another car on EMI else save that amount for something better.

Also used diesel car is big risk as some of parts might be expensive and might need repair in long run. You never know how previous owner treated his/her car .

Thread Starter #407
Re: Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13

If you keep driving between 1000-1200 km per month used or new diesel car would not make much sense. We have both P and D vehicles at home , hence can comment.
You can save maximum Rs 2000-Rs 2500 bu switching to diesel car.

With diesel you can get more FE but retail price of diesel is nearing to petrol . Since your EMI would be over in next few months it does not make sense to buy another car on EMI else save that amount for something better.

Also used diesel car is big risk as some of parts might be expensive and might need repair in long run. You never know how previous owner treated his/her car .
This is what I have in my mind as well. That is why I was asking, if Diesel car gives me 19-20 km/l(As claimed by my friend with his swift) in city usage then I would go.

This is what I have in my mind as well. That is why I was asking, if Diesel car gives me 19-20 km/l(As claimed by my friend with his swift) in city usage then I would go.
Might be as per MID , in real world it might give 17-18 KMPL. My Manza with same engine (but 90 BHP) gives around 16-17 in Bangalore. Still what I mentioned above holds true.

Possible when you remove the fun factor out of driving experience. I know few Tiago Diesel owners getting 18 ish in Chennai. I'm sure you won't want to downgrade to a hatch from Xcent?
Also remember to include the additional 1 to 1.5L you have to shell out for diesels before finalizing.

Thread Starter #410

Possible when you remove the fun factor out of driving experience. I know few Tiago Diesel owners getting 18 ish in Chennai. I'm sure you won't want to downgrade to a hatch from Xcent?
Also remember to include the additional 1 to 1.5L you have to shell out for diesels before finalizing.
Dude, no.

No way I will downgrade to a Hatch. I am so accustomed to the space I even feel Xcent is tiny. And I was looking for used City/Corolla Altis for so long but dropped the plan due to some issues. Now that my car loan is going to end, I can easily sell it for 4L(cousin want to buy my car) and put that money down for an used car.

But this only means I have to shell additional 1-2L depending upon my selection. Let's see how things turns out.

Usage shot from daily 20kms to daily 40kms. Now my monthly usage is somewhere between 1000-1200 kms. Filling petrol 2+ times a month cost me close to 6-7k and I don't think it makes sense economically. My EMI will end by Dec so essentially I'm spending close to 20k for my car, which used to be 15k earlier.
For monthly running of 1000-1200, savings from diesel car will be max. Rs. 2000/- per month. As your EMI is ending, so essentially you will be saving your EMI amount minus Rs. 2000/- [diesel saving] if you retain your Xcent.

OTOH, changing car will again start EMI which will be more than your diesel savings. Moreover, second hand diesel car may turn out to be difficult and expensive to maintain.

So IMO, retaining the Xcent will be economical and good for peace of mind too.

Thread Starter #412

For monthly running of 1000-1200, savings from diesel car will be max. Rs. 2000/- per month. As your EMI is ending, so essentially you will be saving your EMI amount minus Rs. 2000/- [diesel saving] if you retain your Xcent.

OTOH, changing car will again start EMI which will be more than your diesel savings. Moreover, second hand diesel car may turn out to be difficult and expensive to maintain.

So IMO, retaining the Xcent will be economical and good for peace of mind too.
I have done the hard math by myself. Unless I'm extremely lucky at picking the well maintained used car things will not be cheaper at long run and as I'm on and off the country I guess staying with Xcent for couple of years will be the best option. Thanks for the information @SS53!

Thread Starter #413

Car came back from 50000 km service. Since the A/C again had problems, had to give service a bit early at 48k.

After checking, SA confirmed that the Cooling Coil is again faulty and the total damage for A/C service alone costed me 6.5k!! I informed SA that we had changed the exact same component on last year May and now within 1 year, it again gone faulty.

He said he will escalate this and get answer, but I don't have faith in his words. Now I would like your help on what can be my next action.

I am planning on following this up with SA until I get an answer. If I don't get proper replies, then I will be escalating it to Hyundai. Does this sound okay? Or do I need to go another way?

Please help me out guys. This particular A/C issue is bothering me and I can't sleep well knowing I may face the same issue next year as well.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Car came back from 50000 km service. Since the A/C again had problems, had to give service a bit early at 48k.

After checking, SA confirmed that the Cooling Coil is again faulty and the total damage for A/C service alone costed me 6.5k!! I informed SA that we had changed the exact same component on last year May and now within 1 year, it again gone faulty.
Dear F&D, hope the children kept you busy[:)] Coming to the issue, I feel, this is a quality issue and needs to be addressed to Hyundai. Duration also has exceeded 1 year to be precise as its mid-September. Yet, you should contact HMIL and put across your concern and if the same is a quality issue, then your expense on it needs to be reverted back.

He said he will escalate this and get answer, but I don't have faith in his words. Now I would like your help on what can be my next action.
Probably he won't because if escalated, questions will be raised on the dealership itself which would be extremely difficult for them to justify.

I am planning on following this up with SA until I get an answer. If I don't get proper replies, then I will be escalating it to Hyundai. Does this sound okay? Or do I need to go another way?
Contact HMIL with all the details and mention about your interaction with the SA (his name) as well. Do attach a copy of the bill of the earlier replacement of cooling coil too in the mail.

Please help me out guys. This particular A/C issue is bothering me and I can't sleep well knowing I may face the same issue next year as well.
The Papa FD, don't loose your sleep. It can all be sorted. Just mail directly to HMIL will all relevant details.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #415

^^ Whenever I mail HMIL, they simply redirect the query to the concern service center and ask them to resolve. And at the best, they will refund my service cost but I expect HMIL to look into this issue and solve the parts issue. And how do I do that?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

^^ Whenever I mail HMIL, they simply redirect the query to the concern service center and ask them to resolve. And at the best, they will refund my service cost but I expect HMIL to look into this issue and solve the parts issue. And how do I do that?
I suggest, you may call the HMIL helpline and request for the number of their Zonal Head or Head of Sales & Service. Tell them that re-directing the concern isn't helpful so once you get the details, contact them directly for the resolution. Also, you can contact the HMIL office in Delhi.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #417

I suggest, you may call the HMIL helpline and request for the number of their Zonal Head or Head of Sales & Service. Tell them that re-directing the concern isn't helpful so once you get the details, contact them directly for the resolution. Also, you can contact the HMIL office in Delhi.

Regards

Akash
My SA called me and said he sent the cooling coil for testing in order to find the exact issue and once he get any update, he said he will call me. I guess I will wait for 2 weeks and then proceed to escalate if I don't get anything concrete from him.

Just wanted to give him a chance! Let's see how it ends.

One of the Hyundai's known issue - Cooling coils.Better one disposes the car after warranty period.

Regarding Petrol and Diesel-
My friend had swift ZDI ,while myself ZXI. The difference between petrol and diesel is so narrow ,while maintenance (with respect to suzuki - Diesel definitely has higher maintenance cost). The diesel one returns mileage of 16kmpl when run in sports style, while petrol in such condition returns 13kmpl. Under economy conditions petrol returns 16kmpl(City), 22 kmpl( constant 80kmph in highways) , whereas diesel returns 18kmpl(City),25-26kmpl(Highways).

All figures with A/c, well maintained, tyre pressure also calliberated according to road .

The point i can give is its more on how you want your ride , if you want to drive mostly in aggressive mode , diesel is the best option.(Note: Diesels can become prone to abuses over long run, injector issues ,turbo fail) While for balanced riding ,its always petrol.

Hope the fuel prices just drop up.

My SA called me and said he sent the cooling coil for testing in order to find the exact issue and once he get any update, he said he will call me. I guess I will wait for 2 weeks and then proceed to escalate if I don't get anything concrete from him.

Just wanted to give him a chance! Let's see how it ends.

Any Update?

Hi All,
Changed the OE Apollo 3G Maxx Tyres 165/65/R14 to Yokohama S drive 185/60/R14 from Amazon.in seller.

worried about tyre Warranty.

Hi Manoj,

Hi All,
Changed the OE Apollo 3G Maxx Tyres 165/65/R14 to Yokohama S drive 185/60/R14 from Amazon.in seller.

worried about tyre Warranty.

Did they(amazon) mention any note regarding Warranty? My car is due for tyre change now and I am planning to order Earth1 through amazon. But now thinking about warranty. I don't see much difference in amazon price with retailers offer. It is for Ford Fiesta and I am going for regular size
175/65 R14.

Top Bottom