Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13)

Thread Starter #391
Re: Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13

Finally took delivery of my Xcent SX P. Got a good deal. Xcent SX for Rs. 6.8 lakhs and exchanged Wagon R for Rs. 3.6 lakhs.

Thanks a ton to furious_driver and Akash1886 for your inputs. You guys were very helpful.
Congrats on your purchase. Drive safe and driver sane.

Re: Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13

Driven above 1000 kms so far. Engine is very smooth. 1st tankful gave a mileage of approx. 17 kmpl [40% highway - 60% city].

Some features I liked are [1] auto turn off of headlights when engine is turned off [2] AC gets automatically turned on with fresh air re-circulation mode when I turn knob to defogger mode [3] Auto dimming of touchscreen and console lights when headlights are turned on.

Some things I did not like are: [1] no anti theft alarm in a Rs. 7 lakh car. Come on Hyundai!! How much did you save? [2] no auto door locking [3] no proper MID

My Wagon R had anti theft alarm and auto door locking.

Overall satisfied with my purchase. The facelift looks good IMO. Keeping my fingers crossed for mileage and service costs.

Thread Starter #393

Driven above 1000 kms so far. Engine is very smooth. 1st tankful gave a mileage of approx. 17 kmpl [40% highway - 60% city].

Some features I liked are [1] auto turn off of headlights when engine is turned off [2] AC gets automatically turned on with fresh air re-circulation mode when I turn knob to defogger mode [3] Auto dimming of touchscreen and console lights when headlights are turned on.

Some things I did not like are: [1] no anti theft alarm in a Rs. 7 lakh car. Come on Hyundai!! How much did you save? [2] no auto door locking [3] no proper MID

My Wagon R had anti theft alarm and auto door locking.

Overall satisfied with my purchase. The facelift looks good IMO. Keeping my fingers crossed for mileage and service costs.
Those cheap things which Hyundai missed out make the experience a bit down. Whenever I get in my SX4 or any car from maruthi stable I feel terrible and curse Hyundai for missing such important feature.

Ford is with you on #2 and #3 with their Ecosport facelift [lol]. How bad is the MID anyway? I bet it can't go any worse than ES.

MID is not bad to look at [like the dot matrix styled MID in ES]. The issue is that it is not very informative. Like no DTE, Fuel Efficiency figures etc. Instead we get avg. speed and time which is useless IMO.

Another cost cutting I found was that there is no plastic string attached to Fuel Cap & Car body [present in Wagon R]. Also there are some areas where welding marks and metal joints look very cheap.

Some +ve points: smooth engine, good touchscreen with no lag, reverse camera is decent. Car is spacious, good leg room and under thigh support. Boot space is excellent.

Thread Starter #396

Back from my trip. Need to update tires. My only question is, can I go with upsized tires (just one size additional) or keep stock size?

Thread Starter #399

What make/model tires have you shortlisted?
Yokohoma Earth1 is my previous finalist. If you have any better option, please do let me know. The size which I plan to go is 175/65 R14 and stock setup is 165/65 R14.

Yokohoma Earth1 is my previous finalist. If you have any better option, please do let me know. The size which I plan to go is 175/65 R14 and stock setup is 165/65 R14.
My only experience is with my stock tires - Good Year Assurance 175/65 R14. They are decent for regular joe like me though. [:D]

Thread Starter #401

My only experience is with my stock tires - Good Year Assurance 175/65 R14. They are decent for regular joe like me though. [:D]
You should drive other vehicles with different tires to feel the difference. My brother-in-law was using my car for past 1 month and when I told him the wear indicator itself is worn out, he said: "No issues, we can still drive for another 5k kms". Then I informed him I will change it to Yoko earth1 once I return, and he discussed this with his mechanic friend. The comment he gave was gold. "Yoko earth1 is racing tire and no need for such high-cost racing tires for this car".[lol]

Thread Starter #402

Finally after lot of back and forth, changed the tires to 175/65 R14 Yoko Earth1. The difference due to upsize is visible like day and night. I must say these Yoko E1 tires are far better compared to the stock Apollo Amzer 4G in every aspect. Road noise is lot less compared to how it was when I bought. Steering felt tight and ride is simply superb.I never felt like this while driving my car. Even tiny undulation in road surface was felt before but now I can notice the difference clearly.

Total Damage : 16800 INR!

The bad news is I have to travel again and the car will be sitting at my brothers place. *Sigh*

Recently did a 700+ Km trip with 4 adults + 2 kids + luggage. This included about 100 kms of ghat section. AC was on all the time. Overall mileage was 14.XX Kmpl. Lower than 17-19 kmpl what most have mentioned.

Problems encountered: [1] The car felt under-powered even on slightest of inclines in ghats. Overtaking sometimes required 2nd gear. This was not experienced by me in my Wagon R on the same route in similar conditions.
[2] There is slight vibration in clutch when gear change is attempted at about 3-3.5k RPM. Is this normal?

Experts please comment on what can be done for the above problems. Has anyone else faced similar issues.

My car is Xcent SX Petrol Jan 2018 facelifted model.

Thread Starter #404

Usage shot from daily 20kms to daily 40kms. Now my monthly usage is somewhere between 1000-1200 kms. Filling petrol 2+ times a month cost me close to 6-7k and I don't think it makes sense economically. My EMI will end by Dec so essentially I'm spending close to 20k for my car, which used to be 15k earlier.

Do you guys think will buying a used diesel car make any sense? Since I didn't have a chance to drive any diesel car for long except SX4, I need your inputs. SX4 used to give me a mileage of 13-15 in city and I would like to know about other engines. As much as I hate going for Diesel engine, if it makes economical sense, then I'm up for it.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Do you guys think will buying a used diesel car make any sense?
Since I didn't have a chance to drive any diesel car for long except SX4, I need your inputs.
First decide your budget for used car. Then decide which segment of used car you are looking at. Then start to look for the same.

I would like to know about other engines. As much as I hate going for Diesel engine, if it makes economical sense, then I'm up for it.
If you hate diesel FD then you can check for CNG fixed engines. Even better than Diesel in terms of Fuel Economy. However, Lining up for the CNG refill is something you'll have to deal with maybe. Apart from this, the good diesel engines I can think of in present time are:

1) 1.3 DDIS tried and tested, the national engine for MSIL

2) Hyundai Diesel Engines. Among the most silent 4 Cyl diesels in my opinion

3) Ford's Diesel.

4) Tata's 1.5L Diesel engine is also now a year old and has performed satisfactorily.

5) Toyota's Diesel engine is reliable as well.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom