Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View (3rd Service Update @ Pg.13)

Re: Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View

Hi,
Congratulations on your Xcent. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Post some images.

Congratulations furious_driver
Hyundai Xcent is totally value for money.

It is common for the new car to clock 1000kms before one month even if your previous running was much lesser. [;)]

Do post some pics and if possible boot with some bag or helmet for reference.

Use Jopasu Duster for cleaning, it is one of the most handy tool for car.

I suggest you to carpool if possible to your workplace, this is one of the best method to save fuel, its cost, reduce carbon footprint and added bonus of making friends.

Thread Starter #18

Hi,
Congratulations on your Xcent. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Post some images.
Thanks and since images are of bigger size, i need to resize them. So taking a bit long to post them here.

Congratulations furious_driver
Hyundai Xcent is totally value for money.

It is common for the new car to clock 1000kms before one month even if your previous running was much lesser. [;)]

Do post some pics and if possible boot with some bag or helmet for reference.

Use Jopasu Duster for cleaning, it is one of the most handy tool for car.

I suggest you to carpool if possible to your workplace, this is one of the best method to save fuel, its cost, reduce carbon footprint and added bonus of making friends.
Thanks and i have been using Jopasu Duster and it is INDEED effective. Since it is rainy season i am not using it much.

Regarding miles, my everyday commute is 50km and apart from that i tend to go out a lot. So clocking more miles. But once i have my bike back, it will be reduced to 50%.

For carpool, the problem here is, not any of them are working near my office or even on the way. Second, timings, third, people's tendency. Before I shifted my house, I always enquire my collegues, or near-by-office-friends, whether they wanna join with me or I can join. The answer is , no thanks. I don't know why. This worked fine in Bangalore, but here, people feel this is reducing their image. So I stopped asking for it.

Nice images, but only 2 of them ? Please post some interior pics also, specially back seat.

Thread Starter #24

^^ As of now. Will post it by tomorrow or day-after. I will try to cover most of the areas.

Thread Starter #27

Last week made a trip to my native, which is just 280kms away from my current city. Left my home last friday around 11.30am from my uncle's SX4 ZDi. On the same day, around 10am, my uncle's dad, left from my native in my Xcent S(Petrol) and we planned to switch cars in middle. I had travelled around 100kms before I parted away from the beast SX4 and take my sweet lil Xcent.
Here I will compare my rides in SX4, Xcent and this is my second 500+kms trip without any backup driver(My brother).

Reached 100kms in flat 75 minutes with SX4, in some pathetic to decent 2 lanes in between.

Observations on my ride with SX4:
+ Even with 3 adults + 2kids, it never felt underpowered and was giving me confidence for overtaking by giving nice clean pull, whenever I need.
+ With temperature hovering around 30-31C, A/C did a decent job and kept us cool.
+ While leaving the city, filled up 1000Rs worth diesel and even after 100kms, the needle didn't go down a lot. And as reported by my uncle, he reached my city without filling up any diesel.
- Engine noise was so high at speeds like 80-90kmph and at uneven/grainy surfaces, it was even more.

Now, after switching to Xcent, I felt different. This is my first long trip in Xcent, that too with my family. First thing I did, filled up fuel for 1500Rs, paired my phone for some music and started the journey. Car was extremely silent and speeds around 80-90kmph and ride was good. NVH levels were impressive and after riding SX4 minutes before, I can easily see the difference and that's some awesome job from Hyundai.

Suspension of Xcent always worries me and with 3+2 on board, I was really scared to go on with decent-sized potholes. But man, was I wrong? Yes. Accidentally I hit an pothole, because I had no option to steer away from it ad to my surprise, all I felt was a little body roll and noise inside the cabin and no srapes, dents, or whatsoever.(I stopped to check for them as I was worried! :D )

This was not expected with such load and while coming back it was 4+2, and now, it is same. Medium sized pothole and no scraping in under-body and I was pleasantly amazed. A/C was a chiller and with full packed, it didn't sweat and the temp was around 30C. In between there were some beautifully laid roads which helped me to test my car's speed. I touched 130kmph for a stretch of 2 km and then come down to 100km/h. I was wrong before, even with load, till 130 I had no issue. But after that, car was out of breath. But who cares, I hardly cross 120+. :D

And for the last 60kms stretch, it was raining and started to test wipers, de-foggers and skid-diness. The ride was good, planted and nor once I was scared. Car's road presence was good. There was some nervous over-takes but nothing to be scared of. Overall, it was a nice trip to know the ability of my ride.

And most important, FE it returned.
Total distance : 600km+
Fuel Consumed: 34ltr
Avg FE : 17.6 km/l
Pattern : 70% Highway + 30% City
Tyre pressure : 32 psi throughout the trip

Will post some pictures after converting them.

Thread Starter #28

Images : Boot and rear seat images. Not once did my mom or sister complained about rear seat comfort.

Attachments

Thread Starter #29

And also, look at the rear seat comfort. My sister is medium built, and the front passenger seat was pushed all the way back, cause that's how my wife sits with my kid. Even seat pushed all the way back, my sister never complained about rear seat comfort and she sat in her comfy position.

If we keep the car in right rpm, pulling is just excellent even with full load. I kept it around 2.5-3k.

If anyone else, who had made a trip to ghat section with such load, can post their own experience so that I can feel confident to take my ride to munnar or closer.

And also, look at the rear seat comfort. My sister is medium built, and the front passenger seat was pushed all the way back, cause that's how my wife sits with my kid. Even seat pushed all the way back, my sister never complained about rear seat comfort and she sat in her comfy position.

If we keep the car in right rpm, pulling is just excellent even with full load. I kept it around 2.5-3k.

If anyone else, who had made a trip to ghat section with such load, can post their own experience so that I can feel confident to take my ride to munnar or closer.
Truly agree with you. I had taken mine with AC on and fully loaded passengers over a zigzag ghat section.No problems whatsoever. As you mentioned, it should be at the right rpms.Another friend of mine who owns an ecosport, had nice things to say about xcent pickup.

Top Bottom