Hyundai Xcent Review & Pictures: The 'X' Factor

Re: Details on Offers and Accessories

visit a delaer and update here what all offers he gave you.
from september to december they were giving 90 k discounts on xcent. i too got a deal of 80k in september.

don't know about current discounts but you will easily get 40k-45k cash discounts (i think 90k scheme was till december and it had 30k exchange bonus which you won't get)

when you get an offer from one dealer , go to another one and ask him what he can offer. if he gives you less discounts don't hesitate to show him the price quote you got from the first dealer and bargain hard. take your cheque book along with you and make sure the sales executive sees it :p
Well I have Below Offer:

I am looking for SX CNG

1. On Road Price 8.5 L
2. Cash Discount 50K
3. Free Anti Rust and Teflon free
4. Free Car Cover
5. Free Floor Mats
6. Insurance with zero Debt included
7. Will ask for 3rd year warranty for free

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
can you upload the price list as well ? go to a second dealer and you will get better deal than this. and i hope you have the deal in writing.

Guys this is my first post on TAI..I am in the market for a new petrol car within 7.10 Lakhs and my targets are Airbags (2),ABS,EBD,and a good ground clearance..I shortlisted few cars..
Hyundai Xcent SX VTVT
Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Vxi(o)
I have cancelled my Baleno Zeta booking because of its small rear windshield and my father thought the car is not very safe considering its lightweight and rear design...
Also the long waiting list is also the culprit..(I booked on 26 Nov and was promised in 12 Weeks but then extended to march end-april beginning..For this also MS lost its 2 bookings(we booked two cars)
I also thought of Vitara Brezza but it is only coming in Diesel and Volkswagen Ameo was also considered but rejected because of expensive spare parts and A.S.S of VW..
Please feel free to recommend more cars which tick my boxes and if none then please help me choose betwen Xcent SX VTVT and Dzire Vxi(o) [confused]

Xcent SX would be much better compared to DZire, vis a vis equipment list, Safety and rear leg/head room. Except driving dynamics, I couldn't see any positive in DZire!!

Xcent boot is much better than DZire and it's usable! Mileage wise it is at par with DZire and going by TAI ownership threads, it is better! So, Xcent it is, if you ask me!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
take a look at figo aspire titanium as well. all of them are good in this budget and if your dad asks about maintenance tell him parts costs the same as the desire. just take td of all cars and make a decision.
you can get good discounts on 2015 model , bargain hard and ask for discounts at 2-3 dealers.

Last edited:
take a look at figo aspire titanium as well. all of them are good in this budget and if your dad asks about maintenance tell him parts costs the same as the desire. just take td of all cars and make a decision.
you can get good discounts on 2015 model , bargain hard and ask for discounts at 2-3 dealers.
Figo's strength is it's dynamic, spritied diesel. And petrol is not up to the mark. I'd say TATA petrol engine is a lot more fun than Figo petrol. For petrol engine, Hyundai has better and upper hand!

Guys, I am getting a Blue Hyundai Xcent SX (O) CRDi with great discounts/old car buy back/exchange bonus and on top of it I am also getting the car on pre-budget 2016 rates. The current OTR post-budget for SX (O) is approx 9.45 lacs. I am getting it for OTR 9.25 lacs and with all the discounts/buyback the OTR comes to 6.00 lacs.

All this because the SA told its a 2014 (year end) manufactured car. Will check the VIN today and confirm the exact manufactured year/month.

So, my question is: should I go for the deal? Is there anything which I should look out for as the car is 2014 manufactured and been sitting at dealer`s place since then.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Guys, I am getting a Blue Hyundai Xcent SX (O) CRDi with great discounts/old car buy back/exchange bonus and on top of it I am also getting the car on pre-budget 2016 rates. The current OTR post-budget for SX (O) is approx 9.45 lacs. I am getting it for OTR 9.25 lacs and with all the discounts/buyback the OTR comes to 6.00 lacs.

All this because the SA told its a 2014 (year end) manufactured car. Will check the VIN today and confirm the exact manufactured year/month.

So, my question is: should I go for the deal? Is there anything which I should look out for as the car is 2014 manufactured and been sitting at dealer`s place since then.
Can you please write the breakup of this ? This includes your old car value ?

The breakup:

Pre-Budget OTR: 925,896
Old Car Price: 210,000
Exchange Bonus: 30,000
Discount Cuz its a 2014/08 manufactured car: 70,000
Final Amt: 615,896

On top of this getting free car mats.

On the VIN sticker, it mentions 2014 year and 08 month. From the outside and inside i could`nt find any issues as the car is kept inside the showroom and is in perfect condition. As the showroom guys have removed the battery so that visitors cannot mis-use the car on display, I was not able to check the ODO. But will check that today evening.

Apart from that the only thing of concern is that the car is manufactured in 2014/08 and today it has been approx 1.6 yrs. How can a car not be sold in this time? Any advise? If the ODO reading is normal (I mean under 50-100 kms) should I go for the car?

Last edited:
I just came back from the showroom and there I checked the ODO and it was 74 km. Also I clarified with them that the warranty will be applicable from the date of purchase i.e 2-3 days from now and not on the month/year of manufacturing. Also getting 3rd year extended warranty.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Why do you wanna buy a 2014 year end car [surprise] just don't buy it. 70k is nothing for 1.5 year old car. They were giving 90k discounts in the last three months of 2015 on 2015 manufactured cars. Don't buy it. Ask for 150k discounts atleast. My friend got flat 90k off for his verna just a month back.

Last edited:
Sure, Today I will try to extract more discounts from them.

Anyways, I had a question: As officially it is mentioned that xcent has 165mm GC with 14" wheels. But somewhere I read that with the 15" wheels the GC is increased by 10mm. Is that true?

Secondly, without ABS sticker on the car, how can one check if ABS is present in the car or not?

Sure, Today I will try to extract more discounts from them.

Anyways, I had a question: As officially it is mentioned that xcent has 165mm GC with 14" wheels. But somewhere I read that with the 15" wheels the GC is increased by 10mm. Is that true?

Secondly, without ABS sticker on the car, how can one check if ABS is present in the car or not?
I would also suggest to think twice since its almost 1.5yrs old car. Check what is the price of used 2014 Xcents of the same variant and compare.
BTW, I got over 60K discounts in Nov last year for my Aug 2015 Petrol SX.
70K is nothing.
For ABS, you can check the ABS light on the instrument console or under the hood. See http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...y-daily-commute-owners-view-9.html#post476602

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@tripranav - the gc increase will depend on the upsize. I think there is another thread for tyre upsize. Please search it and you will get the answer and yeah do update.

Guys, after lot of thinking (through checking for any problems) and discussion with the dealer and my parents, I bit the bullet and got the 08/2014 Xcent CRDi SX(O) Pristine Blue. Till date I have completed around 700 Kms and have not encountered any issues so far. ( [:D] Phew) The offer was really good, I mean at the end i was able to extract around 1.2 lac discount on top of old car exchange/exchange bonus. So could`nt refuse the offer.

Anyways, I had one question:

As the SX (O) has keyless entry/push button start stop, is it wise to give the key fob to the daily wash guy? Or can I just give him the key taken out of the key fob for him to open the car with the key and clean it on daily basis?

If he opens the car just with the key, will he be able to start the car if the key fob is at my house on the 9th floor?

Top Bottom