Hyundai Xcent Review & Pictures: The 'X' Factor

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hyundai Xcent: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Note: Hyundai Xcent Test Drive Review Now Live.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice review. How do you feel the pulling power of diesel vis a vis Swift Dzire or other OJD engines.

I can see some parts were shot in Ramoji Film City ?

Nice Review 350Z .Your writing style is good.Keep writing like this .

Ankit

Nicely compiled review as usual 350Z. Hyundai Xcent seems one of the better looking cars in this sub 4 meter compact sedan segment. Though the rear looks pretty bland as such, specially the tail lamp design is absolutely not to my liking. But the integration of the boot from the C pillar onward is pretty good.

The interior design and level of quality is simply impeccable for the price it comes for and Hyundai has mastered the art of flooding their cars with first in segment features, in this case with stuff like rear AC vents, reverse camera in IVRM, Push button start, etc. For petrol, this seems to be a great option as compared to the likes of Dzire and Amaze with comparable engine performance and figures but way better interiors as well as tons of features.

For diesel, the 3 pot 1.1CRDI engine loses the race in numbers specially to the 1.5 i-Dtech engine in the Amaze. I had the chance a few days back to drive both these diesel vehicles back to back. The extra power in Honda is quite evident from the word go and the 1.1CRDI engine doesn't hold a case against it IMO. Though the level of NVH and vibrations inside the cabin in Xcent is simply impeccable for a 3 cylinder engine whereas the Honda was all noisy and there were quite evident vibrations from the floor and clutch pedal.

Overall, a very practical choice for city commute and for someone who drives sedately and is not keen to do push the car to its limit every once in a while. Will be keenly looking at the sales figure of Xcent in the coming months to see if it can replicate the success of the Grand i10 for Hyundai.

Awsome review, nice pictures as well. Now with Xcent in the market.Its the battle of the 3 Giants(Maruti,Honda & Hyundai) with more to follow :)

Excellent review Vibhor [clap] Nice pictures too. You have captured every minute detail in your Camera.
Just one suggestion, why dont we create two separate threads for diesel and petrol xcent. Even though space, looks and features are almost same, driveability and overall feeling is different for diesel and petrol cars.
Separate review for diesel and petrol will really help prospective buyers. This is just my personal opinion and can be ignored if it doesn't sound appropriate.

Fantastic review.Nice pictures.Covered every detail.This waiting period is making me very anxious. Hopefully I will get it next week as said by the dealer.Fingers Crossed.Booked an SX(O) petrol.

Excellent coverage vibhor, rated 5*.
Hyundai have surely came out with a success for grand i10 and its sub 4 meter market Xcent.
How would you compare the drivebility for the diesel version compared to multijet?
Is this tweak engine doing full justice with the added weight to grand, did you got to test with full load 4 passengers and luggage to see how the engine behaves?
Xcent must be having the same service intervals as grand.

Motorlover, congratulations on your booking and wish to see your xcent on your hands soon.

Had been to Hyundai Showroom to check the Xcent. The funny thing was i saw the car in one showroom and Test Drove at another Dealership. The problem was that 1st Dealer didn't have Diesel TD Car, hence i had to go to other Dealer. Firstly, Was greeted by Receptionist. They did it only for Xcent Customers. My brother who was checking out Santa Fe dint get any Welcoming !!.

Front end looks good, since i like Grand i10. The plastic moulds present on the side of the vehicle didn't impress me, the Rear was totally ugly.

As soon as i stepped inside the car, Interiors and a kind of perfume smell inside impressed me greatly. The Dashboard, Steering Wheel etc, everything felt premium. I also found switchgears to be of very good quality. I found Driver Seat a bit uncomfortable, because the seat base isn't flat like Amaze, Dzire, its tilted. My Head was touching the roof because the seat was at full high position. Then adjusted it accordingly. Then i moved to the Rear Bench, the first thing i noticed is that the rear seat is of i20. Everything is same except upholstery color and added Rear Armrest. The back seat is comfortable but space is slightly better then Dzire, Amaze is still most spacious. Boot is also almost same as Amaze, but the shape along with less width makes loading/ unloading of luggage's a bit complicated.

Now, the reason i TD Xcent is because my cousin brother is looking for a replacement for his 2010 Skoda Fabia Diesel. Boot was specific requirement along with Fuel Economy, Space. So Xcent suddenly came into mind along with Amaze. The model i test drove was SX(O) Diesel. First Impressions are the engine is refined despite being 3 cylinder. Gearshifts were butter-smooth and Engine was very responsive with slight lag. It pulls cleanly upto 60kmph, after that it feels underpowered and struggles to gain momentum. Constant gearshift is required to keep engine in the powerband. The Handling was also much better then other Hyundai cars. Overall i would say this engine is more good for City driving then Highways. I hope Petrol is opposite to this. So, to sum it up then, Hyundai have created another good product using their best ingredients (Equipment,VFM Price,Fluidic Design) but the engine is a let down especially on highway's.

So if i would pick a Compact Sedan, Honda Amaze has to be it because it is spacious, efficient, powerful and it comes with H badge(Reliability, Peace of Mind). I would definitely head to Honda Showroom with a Chequebook in my hand.

Last edited:

Fantastic review.Nice pictures.Covered every detail.This waiting period is making me very anxious. Hopefully I will get it next week as said by the dealer.Fingers Crossed.Booked an SX(O) petrol.
Hi motolover, which color did you opt for? Has anyone seen the car in colors other than red,silver & white. I could find only red & white in showroom.Deliveries had not yet begun so couldn't see more options.Have booked red passion for now. But thinking from maintenance point of view should i opt for some other color.Can anyone share pics if they have seen other colors?

Last edited:

The small size -4 adults seems the only major drawback. The swift though may not be touched,given our faith in MSIL. However its the Amaze and the Zest that will be affected by the Xcent. I am sure Hyundai have a winner on their hands-my prediction-5-7K sales per month!

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

Beautifully illustrated, excellent review.

Our is the only site shows the video that how the car turns (Hyundai Xcent Turning Diameter).

But, there is a big confusion about the Hyundai Xcent Minimum Turning Radius!

This site (Hyundai Xcent Minimum Turning Radius | Gaadi.com) indicates:

“In comparison to Hyundai Xcent, Fiat Linea has a minimum turning radius of 5.4 while Honda City has a minimum turning radius of 5.3 meters. So, both Hyundai Xcent have higher turning radius than Fiat Linea and Honda City. Hyundai Xcent is a safe car to drive. One must be cautious while driving Hyundai Xcent”

What exactly it conveys?

Neither any dealer nor the manufacturer site ready to disclose the fact.

Can anybody help?

Hi motolover, which color did you opt for? Has anyone seen the car in colors other than red,silver & white. I could find only red & white in showroom.Deliveries had not yet begun so couldn't see more options.Have booked red passion for now. But thinking from maintenance point of view should i opt for some other color.Can anyone share pics if they have seen other colors?
I have only seen the white. I was tempted to go for blue.But hadn't checked it in real.Seen it in the TV ad actually.Having the experience of high maintenance for my previous black accent in terms of scratches and all, i decided i would go for silver this time. The red was easily available and the dealer was asking me to take it a week ago but i didn't like it personally.

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team

Hyundai has recieved an overwhelming response for Xcent with 11,000 bookings and 1,00,000 queries within a month. Quoting an excerpt from press release:
Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), the country’s largest exporter and the second-largest car manufacturer, has received an overwhelming response of its newly launched model ‘Xcent’. Over 10,000 units have already been booked across India within just 30 days of its national launch in March 2014.

Post the launch of Xcent in the Indian market, Hyundai has experienced over 100,000 enquiries at dealerships across all regions and most dealerships are recording multiple enquires and test drive requests. Xcent has generated high interest level amidst the young families in metros as well as Tier II cities.

Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing- HMIL expressed, “We appreciate and thank our customers for showing strong confidence in brand Hyundai and making Xcent a huge success in India. Xcent has created a benchmark in quality, features and technology offering higher value proposition in such a short span of time. We are committed and continuously working on the operational efficiencies to cater to the demand to reduce the waiting period.”
Beautifully illustrated, excellent review.

Our is the only site shows the video that how the car turns (Hyundai Xcent Turning Diameter).

But, there is a big confusion about the Hyundai Xcent Minimum Turning Radius!

Neither any dealer nor the manufacturer site ready to disclose the fact.

Can anybody help?
Let me try to confirm the figure.

This is how Xcent looks in some of the different colors that I have seen:

Blue

White

Red

Black

Silver

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

Top Bottom