Hyundai Xcent Compact Sedan Makes Global Premiere (Coverage: Page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hyundai To Launch Sedan Based on i10 Grand

No it doesn't seem to be in the near future. Hyundai will only be launching the petrol Automatic in the i10 Grand sedan. The engine bay is said to be quite small to even accommodate the i20's 1.4CRDI engine and the demand for diesel cars is on a decline, so it won't be a feasible preposition for the manufacturer.
What about the mileage of this car?
I don't expect Hyundai to launch a car with good mileage. They will just overstate the fuel economy of their cars as usual.
I always respected Hyundai but lost my faith when i read how they have been penalised for overstating the mileage of their cars.

So this sedan will get the new CRDI engine of Grand or the one from i20 ?
It is reported to be coming with the same 1.1L 3 cylinder engine CRDI engine as the i10 Grand hatch. Though nothing conclusive on that front, we'll have to wait for any confirmation on that from Hyundai.

I don't expect Hyundai to launch a car with good mileage. They will just overstate the fuel economy of their cars as usual.
I always respected Hyundai but lost my faith when i read how they have been penalised for overstating the mileage of their cars.
Hyundai cars are surely not the most fuel efficient cars around and tend to give just about average fuel efficiency in the real scenario. In test conditions, the fuel efficiency is always on the higher side as the test conditions are made such that they squeeze out the maximum the engine can offer which is not the case when you drive bumper to bumper traffic for hours in real life. We'll have to wait for the official figures from Hyundai but should be around 0.5-1kmpl less than the i10 grand hatchback's ARAI fuel efficiency figures.

Take a look at this thread, will make you understand how these figures are exaggerated by the manufacturers

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...w-arai-fuel-efficiency-rating-calculated.html

+1 to that.
My cousin had to sell his i10 Automatic just within 5 months of Ownership.Main reasons were
1.Low Mileage in City-Barely managed 6kmpl with AC
2.Rattle from Steering,this remained unresolved till date we sold the car
3.Very expensive Service. Free service always costed minimum Rs.1000,even without engine oil

There are rumors that the new Grand i10 will have an Accent badge and Hyundai is debating on how to name the new car.I read on some other blog that the new car can be named as Grand Accent or Accent Grand

also would it have 1.1 diesel from grand i10 or 1.4 from i20?....

IMHO 1.1 diesel will not do justice to the car because the competition has bigger engines such as Dzire has 1.3 DDiS 75bhp and Amaze has 1.5 I-Dtec 100 bhp

new spy shots by motor vikatan
this will surely make a dent on dzire and amaze sales

but it should come with 1.4 crdi

Attachments

Nice catch chetan, the car looks quite promising. Lets see how Hyundai prices it.

Re: Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

does this picture look real??
This is the new Sub 4 m Grand i10 Sedan. Hyundai is making the competition tight. If this compact sedan is priced well, it would be packed with lots of features and gizmos that any car buyer would be needing to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hyundai To Launch Compact Sedan Based on i10 Grand

The small sedan class will now be crowded with the amaze,dezire,i10 grande sedan,falcon5,indigo eCS.
How i wish they all had safety as priority and NCAAP 3 or 4 stars atleast.
Cost will l be crucial,but hyundai will most likely build on the grande hatch's success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom