Hyundai Verna: Noise in Engine Bay

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys!

My fluidic Verna was VERY quiet when started or when running and I was proud of it :) But now, since last few months I see its quite noisy so I got it checked by dealer.
He says the noise is from Compressor bearing and compressor needs to be changed.
It 5 year old car with just 21000 km running.

They quoted me around 20,000 for new compressor.

Currently sound is not that high, and they say, it can be changed in six months or so.

Need your views, should I change compressor or any other ideas?

Thread Starter #3
@bvhm Thanks for reply.
Yes, there is noise even with AC off, in-fact it starts as soon as car starts and compressor on & off has no effects on sound or its volume.

Thread Starter #5
I haven't checked myself, but I got it checked from two different service centres and they both said its some bearing noise.

That is a 2k job. the noise is not from the compressor but from the compressor bearing. The bearing itself cost hardly 800 to 1200 and labor charges are about 800 to 1000. got this fixed for my friends Verna as it was sitting for 6 months as he was in US for a project. 2k spent and car is silent yet again. A.$.$. these days are the biggest scammers.

Thread Starter #7
That is a 2k job. the noise is not from the compressor but from the compressor bearing. The bearing itself cost hardly 800 to 1200 and labor charges are about 800 to 1000. got this fixed for my friends Verna as it was sitting for 6 months as he was in US for a project. 2k spent and car is silent yet again. A.$.$. these days are the biggest scammers.
That's great news, is this bearing inside compressor? Do we need to open compressor?

Well its connected to the compressor pulley and my mechanic when worked on it, he simple unhooked the compressor and got it changed. even ac gas recharge was not required but needed a skilled one to do the job. and yes it will work perfectly and compressor pulley only needs to be opened.

It seems like a simple bearing issue...
If you are in banglore would suggest an ac magician...he does a brilliant job at a decent cost.

Thread Starter #12
Update: finally I found one good AC mechanic and he replaced the bearing and noise disappeared. Costed 2.6k
BTW, as mentioned by few that root cause was less running of car, I would like to know how much car should be running in a week?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Actually whn A.S.S told me 20k + gas + fitting = 25k I was disappointed, but d_drive told me about repairs I felt good, and now after saving 20+k I'm feeling GREAT :)
Thanks d_drive and all.

Your welcome buddy, we all are here gathered to just share what all we know and if that actually saves someone from a hassle and also help them saving money we are here to help anytime. Looking forward for more queries i can answer and also posting more queries from my side looking for the solutions. Have a great time and take care.

Top Bottom