Hyundai Verna Fluidic Technical Issues & Solutions

I own a 2012 fluidic Verna.Has anyone upgraded suspension of fluidic Verna 2011-2013.I upgraded to coil springs of 2014 Verna,their is overall improvement in high speed manners but the body roll is still present.The rear occupants feel very uncomfortable above 100 kph.Is their any solution guys?

Big thud noise while hitting a pot hole at around 20 KMPH. (Verna 4S)

Hello Friends,
Yesterday night when I was driving back home, it was raining heavily and I couldn't see a deep pothole and my left side had hitting there. I did not realize any change as I continues driving back home, may be because I was in a hurry.
It was a big sound as if I hit my underbody over a big speed breaker.
I don't know much about the suspension and other technicalities since this is my first ride and I'm very new to Cars and the car is just 7 months old. I just love my car and I want to take proper care of it. I'm not able to sleep properly just thinking what damage that single pothole hit must have done to my ride, It's the first time I'm experiencing it.
Could you people please help me in knowing what actually caused that big thud noise ? Do I need to take my car to service station for a checkup ? Can a pothole hit damage the car underbody ?

Please help me and explain me what caused that noise and what would be the probable damage by that hit, so that I can get it diagnosed.

Re: Big thud noise while hitting a pot hole at around 20 KMPH. (Verna 4S)

Hello Friends,
Yesterday night when I was driving back home, it was raining heavily and I couldn't see a deep pothole and my left side had hitting there. I did not realize any change as I continues driving back home, may be because I was in a hurry.
It was a big sound as if I hit my underbody over a big speed breaker.
I don't know much about the suspension and other technicalities since this is my first ride and I'm very new to Cars and the car is just 7 months old. I just love my car and I want to take proper care of it. I'm not able to sleep properly just thinking what damage that single pothole hit must have done to my ride, It's the first time I'm experiencing it.
Could you people please help me in knowing what actually caused that big thud noise ? Do I need to take my car to service station for a checkup ? Can a pothole hit damage the car underbody ?

Please help me and explain me what caused that noise and what would be the probable damage by that hit, so that I can get it diagnosed.
First look for any visual damges especially strut tower. If it is OK then check under chassis. Do wheel alignment if all the parameters are with in limits you need not worry especially camber and caster. camber and caster are related to body frame called body shell or chassis. If both fine then body is good, toe can be easily adjusted. You can post alignment report based on the report I can tell you the level of damage.

-suryaputhra

Has been getting a wired humming noise frm my Verna for couple of weeks from the rear side being not satisfied with the ASC took the car to a FNG who take care of rest of our car fleet and diagnosed as rear left wheel bearing.Being an ABS model the whole hub needs to be replaced and parts are not in stock. Orders for a new OEM one and waiting should be here in a couple of days

Has been getting a wired humming noise frm my Verna for couple of weeks from the rear side being not satisfied with the ASC took the car to a FNG who take care of rest of our car fleet and diagnosed as rear left wheel bearing.Being an ABS model the whole hub needs to be replaced and parts are not in stock. Orders for a new OEM one and waiting should be here in a couple of days

Vishak where do you give it for service ,don't say its Popular [roll]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Why should abs matter for the rear wheel ? Just asking for knowledge. Do post pics of the same and the cost.

Anyways it's weird you can't buy oem products from the market. Here we have kashmeri gate market and many shops stocks oem parts.

Day before yesterday bought 2 rear shock absorbers for 1300rs each ( 1611rs mrp) hope this solves the sound I am getting from the rear in bumps. Will update in my thread once work has been done.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #654
I always brought parts for the verna from their spare parts store, had brought oil filter once from outside but the OD was smaller though fit well.
Consumable parts like filters, brake pads,clutch, suspension easy to find others not so.

Ni3_verna4s
Should be no damage if you find no issues while driving, like weird noises, check the alloy and tire for bends and bulges.
These potholes are a menace, my verna got totalled due to a pothole.

Why should abs matter for the rear wheel ? Just asking for knowledge. Do post pics of the same and the cost.
For ABS models have the ABS Sensor ring attached to it hence they cost more.Good news is my FNG has got hold of the OEM part and will get the work done on Monday [clap]

I always brought parts for the verna from their spare parts store, had brought oil filter once from outside but the OD was smaller though fit well.
Consumable parts like filters, brake pads,clutch, suspension easy to find others not so.
You were able to get the parts from ASC spare counter?[surprise]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #656
Yes. I always do. Just have to give them reg no
The part you want and they give you. No questions asked. Getting from outside was a pain, mostly theyd have importa used for kia and have to do a visual match.
Plus whatever mrp printed on box thats what you pay same with shops outside.

Guys,my fluidic verna has humming noise while runnning in speeds like 30kph in 3rd gear and 50 kph in 4th gear. The noise disappears when the turbo kicks on. Visited hyundai service center ernakulam and they cant find it out. Their is rear suspension noise also while passing bumps. Is anyone had this kind of experience?

Guys,my fluidic verna has humming noise while runnning in speeds like 30kph in 3rd gear and 50 kph in 4th gear. The noise disappears when the turbo kicks on. Visited hyundai service center ernakulam and they cant find it out. Their is rear suspension noise also while passing bumps. Is anyone had this kind of experience?
Humming noise -
It may due to many reasons. Most common reasons are - tire wear, Compressor, over/under inflation, wheel bearings, suspension, car power train belts, brakes etc. Try to rule out common causes.
Check whether sound increases with rpm during idle and driving condition
Suspension -
try 33psi tyre pressure and move over hump at very slow speed (10kmph). If you can still hear thud noise, re-torque suspension once.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.The sound doesnt increases on acceleration in idle.It only occurs in rpm below 1200.Their is problem with steering rack.Is that can be the cause?Rear suspension noise present. Is arc suspensions good for fluidic verna? The cost is around 12500/-

Last edited:

Top Bottom