Hyundai Verna Fluidic Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Life with the all New Hyundai Verna

joy99 I've decided to keep the car for a few more months.

so now its been a while since the verna has been around and am pretty sure many guys must be loving their cars.
as well as there would be some who regret buying it or are facing issues.

heres a list of reported issues
;
;
;

;--
premature brake pad wear and discs
- due to hard braking -3 cars normal use 6 cars
I cant believe it but are you talking about new verna ?[confused]
If so I have been in a belief that it is a fine car with no issues.
I am totally badly shaken here!
enlighten me Please.

Thread Starter #92

jayadev, the car is brilliant and sold in huge in numbers.

as you may know my own car has been to the service centre around 12 times in the past 6 months, and the warranty guy who handles all these complaint being my friend i hang around in his cabin, asking him if any new tsb's are out or any new issue.
there is a hyundai overseas quality control site where they log all issues of customers cars they face for feedback/solution/advice to modify along with the number of complaints, my car has 3 quality issue complaints logged there namely, bumper and fog lamp quality, suspension noise, door locking rod rattle on all doors as its design is such that it touches the interior body panels and dances around causing horrible rattles, pics and vids sent to hyundai via the warranty guy, haven't checked with him about any replies.

this was got more then a month back.

now i did not want to post these issues but a few guys urged me for benefits of other owners incase they face the same issue.

forgot to add 3 instances, where in the driver ran over a steep bump, which damaged the oil sump. 2 of them needed engine repairs due to oil starvation, one guy had to drive that way as he would have been stranded on an isolated road, and tow guy would take 2 hours to come get him, so he drove till he could reach a highway. they replaced the oil sump and delivered him the car stating alls well but he started experiencing noise and lack of pickup the original service folks said every things fine, he then visited another service centre who replaced the turbo free of cost.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #94

another issue

hyundai has added a nice feature for us, the automatic pothole sensing wipers
to activate drive into a pothole over 70km/h it will automatically switch on to the first speed setting to wipe away any water splashed on the windshield form the pothole.

guys with a petrol verna, the engine is sensitive to the fuel you feed it. ensure you fill up at reputed bunks or experiment around to see what gives you the best fe.

after you dry your car after washing it, remember there will be water in the rear tail light gaps and also below your trunk wipe it thoroughly or the water will come out when you drive and cause dirt marks.

jayadev, the car is brilliant and sold in huge in numbers.

as you may know my own car has been to the service centre around 12 times in the past 6 months, a..................
started experiencing noise and lack of pickup the original service folks said every things fine, he then visited another service centre who replaced the turbo free of cost.
I feel clueless , as the car is now hottest one in India and such quality issue in any other internet sources unlike your reviews are unheard of.

rarely I have come across any owners saying that New verna have quality issues ,One of TAI member Cooldhaya had Old verna which Had no issues till date other than regular service.
I wonder if it is a lemon sold to you .

Thread Starter #96

jayadev, there are reviews, from other forums. I'm not out for bashing up hyundai :lol!:

These are issues which my showroom has tackled. Added it up here.

my issues are rattling noises and suspension noise otherwise the cars a gem.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I feel clueless , as the car is now hottest one in India and such quality issue in any other internet sources unlike your reviews are unheard of.

rarely I have come across any owners saying that New verna have quality issues ,One of TAI member Cooldhaya had Old verna which Had no issues till date other than regular service.
I wonder if it is a lemon sold to you .
i agree with nick , it has issues. same as the i20's.
its a over hyped car. but many few people knew all the problems.

Re: Life with the All New Hyundai Verna

hi nick and others, i have done my first service but i noticed that my FE went down drastically though i have not yet went to service center for this issue but surely i will be there.As far as my previous issues such as dashboard noise and suspension noise all the issues were handled quite well by the staff and no more problems related to issues any more.

Thread Starter #99

joy99 I'm sorry if i forgot is yours a petrol / diesel?
if a petrol then you join bazooka and all hyundaicars who's fe has decreased, currently for me I'm getting 12.3 km/l so i have no complains, but lets see as i near my third service what happens.

Thread Starter #101

wow thats an incredible change, have you tried filling fuel from other bunks? has the ac usage gone up or you feel its working harder?

ac usage is same and no prob with that cooling is quite good sometimes chilling.i am filling with same bunk since i purchased the car.

ya very true i will be leaving for jaipur right now and i will be filling the diesel with other bunk thanks for the suggestion my jaipur run will be around 800 kms that will be enough run to check the issue of the bunk if any is there?

Thread Starter #105

yea its enough to check, just fill in from a reputed bunk any one you wish premium or regular, and if this is a highway drive then more the merrier. Just drive the car as you would usually without thinking i have to save fuel. On my petrol after experimenting with various driving patterns to see what squeezes the best i found if i shift gears at higher revs say 2500-3000 rpms and drive as i would with some cruising moments and some shots of spirited driving i gain the best fe along with that i fill fuel from trusted bunks.

any other issues you've got in your car? Ive just got that suspension noise and rattling in 3 doors, and some occasional rattling noise coming from the steering area

Top Bottom