Hyundai Verna Fluidic Technical Issues & Solutions

Guys i need help regarding verna's clutch issue it does'nt slot in the gates properly and it is followed with very irritating sound {Grrrr}[frustration] as i had googled it earlier and found that it can be solved by changing cluth plate,pressure plate and some bearing and some also said to change the sleeve cylinder i for have changed the above today in front of myself and again while coming back home once the car get's heated {if u drive the car in a lot of traffic}i faced the similar problem .
I am totally blank know what to do ?[anger]
I had similar problem few weeks ago, i couldn't slot the gears into position while engine was running, but they were smooth when i turned off the engine, i did get this diagnosed with service center and they said it could be due to heavy usage master could have jammed, and suggested to drive it as is. been 3 weeks and no problem yet.

BTW how much did it cost for you to change the cluth plate,pressure plate bearing and slave cylinder

I had similar problem few weeks ago, i couldn't slot the gears into position while engine was running, but they were smooth when i turned off the engine, i did get this diagnosed with service center and they said it could be due to heavy usage master could have jammed, and suggested to drive it as is. been 3 weeks and no problem yet.

BTW how much did it cost for you to change the cluth plate,pressure plate bearing and slave cylinder
Disc assy-clutch-5580, Cover Assy-clutch-3770, Bearing-1200, Slave cylinder-3500.

Keep us posted.
Make sure they replace the master cylinder and bleed the system properly before opening the gearbox.
My dad took the car today to workshop he said they removed the part connecting to the slave cylinder and welded it, they said that clutch mechanism was not getting engaged [confused] and said to drive the car for few days and give them feedback whether it worked or not .
Regarding the problem my dad said while coming back home gear lever was slotting perfectly
i hope whatever they have done should work [lol].

Hey guys this is DR.Pradeep here.. Have purchased a new verna sx 1.6L petrol. When driving in heavy rain experienced engine knocking and the whole vehicle vibrated badly. after halting it for 10 min. the knocking and vibrations were gone but the vehicle felt like it was dragging something heavy. since then my mileage has gone down to 6 kmpl[frustration]. things done till now:
1) got the brakes checked both front and rear. seems perfect.
2) ECU reset was done. no improvements
3) Diagnostic scan was done. NO error codes were found.

has done oly 1800 on odo. Anybody got any idea regarding what might have gone wrong.
VERY UPSET[frustration]

but the vehicle felt like it was dragging something heavy. since then my mileage has gone down to 6 kmpl[frustration].
Was the Car run over any potholes at a rash speed?

Then i doubt the suspension as you have told that it was like the car was dragging something heavy, i really doubt the suspension.

This is just my perception, don't panic.

Hey guys this is DR.Pradeep here.. Have purchased a new verna sx 1.6L petrol. When driving in heavy rain experienced engine knocking and the whole vehicle vibrated badly. after halting it for 10 min. the knocking and vibrations were gone but the vehicle felt like it was dragging something heavy. since then my mileage has gone down to 6 kmpl[frustration]. things done till now:
1) got the brakes checked both front and rear. seems perfect.
2) ECU reset was done. no improvements
3) Diagnostic scan was done. NO error codes were found.

has done oly 1800 on odo. Anybody got any idea regarding what might have gone wrong.
VERY UPSET[frustration]
Possibility of mild hydro lock, Steps below

1. Check compression on all cylinders, do manual check not scan code reader
2. Check ignition timing and chain or belt which ever Verna uses.
3. Engine oil colour, coolant colour for possibility of cross contamination.
4. Emission test, possibility of high hydrocarbons and improper oxygen reading.
5. Physical evaluation of catalytic converter and oxygen sensors.
6. PCV valve inspection.
7. Electronic throttle body default set point and calibration.
8. Spark plug analysis.

-suryaputhra

Hey checked all the parameters you said everything seems good. No abnormal findings. Even the guys at the service centre are confused and unable to identify the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
This seems odd. How many kms have you covered? Another reason for engine knocking can be bad quality fuel.
I don't known if it's psychological or not but I always get Good average from bharat petroleum and since you are getting low average , petrol can be a reason. Try a different petrol bunk.

Hey checked all the parameters u said everything seems good. No abnormal findings. Even the guys at the service centre are confused and unable to identify the problem
Check all again at other service centre. This issue reported many times, it could be faulty ecm wiring harness, patiently re check again or request for Hyundai plant engineers check.

-suryaputhra

@all Hyundai cars now my odo reads 2300 but since 1400 I got this problem. Regarding the petrol I always use shell regular. Any info regarding this petrol like its good or bad??

@ suryaputra I completely agree for a re check but one more thing I noticed was the vehicle does not drag in the mornings and after parking for few hours. But it starts to drag after covering some kms like 4-5km. If there is a ecm problem then the engine check light shud turn on. Isn't it? The only thing the ASSC guys didn't agree to do is to check the catalytic converter physically they scanned it and said it's perfect

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Shell is considered to be the best but still please change the petrol bunk. And report here. Dont try shell this time , try BP or HP. Have you been filling she'll from the same bunk ?

Last edited:
@Pradeep231573, I am not saying ecm, I am saying ecm wiring harness, this can be intermittent, this type of issue reported in 2015 swift dzires and few s cross, msil engineers came from plant, checked and replaced wiring harness, ask your dealer to check the car by hyundai plant engineers.

-suryaputhra

Here is one more thing I noticed in the scanner my second o2 sensor reads 0.125v at idle and when I Rev it up it shows .230 but had read normal is around 0.5. Is this affecting my car?

Top Bottom