Hyundai Verna Fluidic Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #46
Re: Life with the all new Hyundai Verna

adding my rear tyre image neil and raman check if its tilted by a bit
DSC_0018.jpg

also adding in the recommended fluid chart for ease of other verna users will add in the maintenance chart soon.(i know many who are lazy to flip pages)
35334d1323071820t-mineral-synthetic-oil-dsc_0016.jpg
35335d1323071820t-mineral-synthetic-oil-dsc_0017.jpg

Neil can you post the picture of your rear tyres as Nick has posted. Right now your and Nick's pictures are not comparable due to the angle and way they have been taken.

Thread Starter #50

cant see the left tyre well. is it the water or that irritable diesel exhaust smell keeping you from going ahead [evil]

Tyres seem to be in correct positon in this picture. Neil did you get them checked.

Tyres seem to be in correct positon in this picture. Neil did you get them checked.
no i didnt get it checked.
but my tyre pressure was totally imbalanced. got it filled at local tyre shop.
when i went to shell and told him to fill 32 in all , what i got on machine was 32 34 37 and 39.... in 4 tyres. 39 was in right rear tyre. i guess it can be the reason why i was feeling it's tiltled.

going for sevice after 15th . first service done on 2k kms. it's going to reach 6k soon. we usually get service done before what is recommended by company.
and my driving is rough too.
will tell them to check tire alignment. even my clutch is making noise while presseing . and some other sound comes from backside when i go on rough road. but none of this bothering me as i always on music in my car.

Nick , Any reasons for not using the synth oil til 10k. I thought you guys were suggesting the Mobil synth oil during the change.

Thread Starter #57

well its just to be on safer side and let the engine set in well, most manufacturers use a special oil at the factory, some add synthetic striaght away, since we have mineral and mineral boosts the run in process, synthetic is very slippery and prevents it. but anyways our verna is run in at the factory still is advisable till first oil change which is at 9/10k kms neil is reaching 6k and wants to change his oil etc. thats why i advised or else if he was at 7.5k or above would have advised same,
most guys advise synthetic after 10k some have changed to synthetic on their 2k oil change and have no issues.

no i didnt get it checked.
but my tyre pressure was totally imbalanced. got it filled at local tyre shop.
when i went to shell and told him to fill 32 in all , what i got on machine was 32 34 37 and 39.... in 4 tyres. 39 was in right rear tyre. i guess it can be the reason why i was feeling it's tiltled.

going for sevice after 15th . first service done on 2k kms. it's going to reach 6k soon. we usually get service done before what is recommended by company.
and my driving is rough too.
will tell them to check tire alignment. even my clutch is making noise while presseing . and some other sound comes from backside when i go on rough road. but none of this bothering me as i always on music in my car.
Neil, from my experience I have learnt that the first oil change should only be made at the factory specified interval and not much earlier. I agree to what Nick says and further it would be better if you actually change the oil around 9.5k to 10.5k.

Most of us are very attached to our machines and take decisions based on this passion, trying to give the best care. But unfortunately this negates any carefull engineering based decisions made by the designers. The oil used for the first fill is a specially formulated one which actually allows for more friction during the runin peirod. In modern engines, the machining is so fine that it often has not much difference befor runin or after runin. However the oil helps in setting in of the piston rings, bearings and assists in smooth surfacing. This process of fine natural surfacing is lost if the oil is changed before the specified interval. However may I suggest that if you feel you need a service, go in for a paid service to take care of any niggling problems that you are facing with the vehicle currently and leave the engine service/oil change for the second service at 10k.

Neil, from my experience I have learnt that the first oil change should only be made at the factory specified interval and not much earlier. I agree to what Nick says and further it would be better if you actually change the oil around 9.5k to 10.5k.

Most of us are very attached to our machines and take decisions based on this passion, trying to give the best care. But unfortunately this negates any carefull engineering based decisions made by the designers. The oil used for the first fill is a specially formulated one which actually allows for more friction during the runin peirod. In modern engines, the machining is so fine that it often has not much difference befor runin or after runin. However the oil helps in setting in of the piston rings, bearings and assists in smooth surfacing. This process of fine natural surfacing is lost if the oil is changed before the specified interval. However may I suggest that if you feel you need a service, go in for a paid service to take care of any niggling problems that you are facing with the vehicle currently and leave the engine service/oil change for the second service at 10k.
thanks a lot.
i think i wont be going for oil change.
but my first oil change was at 2k. wasnt it wrong? or everybody has done it?

as hyundai says - 1 liter per 1000 km for rough driving and our car has 5 litre oil. so it means after 5k oil should be changed then why it is recommended at 10k [confused]

Thread Starter #60

also if you note there are a few who say 5k kms oil change is the best and not 10k kms if the manufacturer recommends 10k kms then do it then if it has city driving and severe conditions then at 7.5k kms / whatever manufacturer recommends as changing to frequently will just clean your pockets and dirty the environment.
most manufactures have their first oil change at 1k kms /5k kms but i believe manufacturers run in the engine on the bench and then change the oil to what ashok says special oil. also called run in oil.
though doing a general check up and washing at 5k is good

neil that is the maximum oil consumption the car may or may not consume oil it can even consume 100ml/1000kms of rough driving, but if the engine requires more then 1litre of oil every 1000kms then there is an issue which has to be checked.
till then you just top up the oil till the upper marking if its below that

Last edited:

Top Bottom