Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDi SX(O) AT (2014): My Korean Beauty Comes Home

Thread Starter #16
Power part, I totally agree with you. This is the engine that powers Creta 1.6 as well. I had an opportunity to drive my boss's Creta for some work, and voila, what a power grunt. I would say the power is extraordinary and the vehicle is overpowered for Chennai City Traffic. I was just terrified at the first throttle, and wow, it's great. I can bet Honda City I D Tec Diesel with 100PS power and 1500 cc engine can't stand beside the Verna, be it new Gen or old generation.

Overall Verna is great. Be little careful while cornering at high speeds, since that's where people have shown concern, I am not that sure though. Other Verna owners can comment on this part.

Keep driving and munching happy miles, safe ones too. [:)]
Thank you very much! Will surely be careful while cornering at high speeds.

Thread Starter #17
It's been sometime since I have posted anything here so thought of updating you guys.
Over the weekend I got some changes done to my ICE (gift for myself since its my birthday this month [;)]) and there were a few surprises in store for me.

My setup now:

1. Stock HU from Hyundai
2. MTX Audio Components (Surprise 1)
3. Cerwin Vega Mobile XED 600.4 4 channel Class AB amplifier
4. MTX Audio Co-axial speakers (Surprise 2)
5. Rockford Fosgate 10" R2D4-10 Subwoofer in a custom ported/sealed box of high quality
6. FSK Wiring kit + another wiring kit (not sure of brand) instead of hi/low converter

I have added the 4 channel class AB amplifier, 10" woofer with a ported/sealed box of very good quality and all the wiring for it. Also opted for another good wiring kit instead of a hi/low converter which was suggested by the shop owner himself (also a friend) and that surely was a good decision I took too. Surprise 1 and Surprise 2 mentioned above came with the car when I purchased it and I must say I am very lucky since MTX is a very good brand. The audio quality now is amazing and totally in love with the system. [clap]
Last but not the least I must thank @SilverEyez for asking me to reconsider my decision of adding a subwoofer. [:)] I did not stay there long (had some other work plus a known trusted installer) during the installation so I do not have many pictures but will share the ones I have.
Total damage to pocket was 26k including labour. Totally worth it!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Thegreatv,
Superb addition, good to know the OEM speakers were MTX. The amplifier must have made them sound crisp and clear.
Enjoy your daily drives with the Amazing Sound.

Thread Starter #19
Hi Thegreatv,
Superb addition, good to know the OEM speakers were MTX. The amplifier must have made them sound crisp and clear.
Enjoy your daily drives with the Amazing Sound.
Thank you very much SilverEyez! Yes the sound now is very crisp and clear. Enjoying every moment of it. Shall try and post a video and a few pictures of the setup over the weekend.

1. Stock HU from Hyundai
2. MTX Audio Components (Surprise 1)
3. Cerwin Vega Mobile XED 600.4 4 channel Class AB amplifier
4. MTX Audio Co-axial speakers (Surprise 2)
5. Rockford Fosgate 10" R2D4-10 Subwoofer in a custom ported/sealed box of high quality
6. FSK Wiring kit + another wiring kit (not sure of brand) instead of hi/low converter

Total damage to pocket was 26k including labour. Totally worth it!!
So you had the MTX component & Coaxial speakers already available on the the front & rear of the car already. All you added are the Amp, the Sub and the wiring and that costed 26K?
How is the Amp, its not one of the mainstream pieces that people pick every day, hence asking.
Where did you get the upgrade done?

Thread Starter #21
So you had the MTX component & Coaxial speakers already available on the the front & rear of the car already. All you added are the Amp, the Sub and the wiring and that costed 26K?
How is the Amp, its not one of the mainstream pieces that people pick every day, hence asking.
Where did you get the upgrade done?
Yes I only added the 4 channel amplifier, 10" subwoofer, baassfx box and a couple of good quality wiring kits. All these costed me 26k. The amplifier is amazing. A great audio experience and the amplifier is just set to less than half of its actual output. It is surely doing justice to the MTX speakers now, since it was previously running through the HU. Also complementing the Rockford Fosgate woofer well. Yes this woofer is not very popular yet in India and it is a new series XED (eXtreme Energy Design) in the Cerwin Vega range of amplifiers.
I got all this work done at Final Touch on Mission Road. It is a go to shop for me when it comes to all car accessories. I have found their work and recommendations to be very good always (done for 3 of my own cars till now from them and 3-4 friends cars).

Thread Starter #22
It's been a little over 3 months since I bought this car and I must say I am totally happy with my decision of buying a pre owned car (my first one so far). The performance of the car is excellent and have no complaints. Initially I was very sceptical about automatic transmission but now I feel I made the right decision since my usage is mainly during peak hours in Bengaluru traffic.
Posting a few pictures of the interiors which was long pending. The MTX components and the AVN screens attached to the rear of driver and co-driver seats (picture of only one) came with the car. I am usually behind the steering wheel so never got a chance to test the AVN screens. Added an amplifier which is under the co-drivers seat and the woofer later. Also have installed a 4300K 55W HID kit and now my mods are complete. I like the exterior look of the car as it is but suggestions from you all are welcome. Please feel free to share your thoughts/suggestions.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Been almost 5 months now since I bought this car and it hasn't disappointed me one bit with its amazing performance even with 5 people!
Forgot to mention here that I had also added a 9005 55W HID kit (4300K) and the performance is amazing through the projectors, when I got the audio upgraded! Just sharing a couple of older pictures taken with only headlights on! Picture 1 is low beam and picture 2 is of high beam!

Attachments

Thread Starter #25
Hey Varun congrats again on the car. Hope its performing well in city traffic. How the mileage has been ?
Hi Anshuman. The car is performing well in city traffic and since my usage is mainly in peak hour Bengaluru traffic, I always feel I made the right decision of buying an automatic. I am getting around 13.5-14 kmpl (MID) in city traffic and got around 18-19 kmpl (MID) on a recent drive to Nandi hills. Have to still check tank to tank method. I am trying to be as sedate as possible. Let's see if I can improve these figures further!

Top Bottom