Hyundai Verna CRDI - My Ownership Experience!

Thread Starter #256
Well my Verna has given me the first problem/repair in almost 2 years now! I am the second owner , the car is 3 years old now(2 years with me) and has clocked 55k KMS.

The car jerks while shifting from first to second gear now always and very rarely it jerks while shifting from second to third too. The car does not jerk while shifting to reverse or after shifting to third gear , i face this jerk only while shifting from first to second always. Also if i let go off the accelerator around or more than 2k RPM in second or third gear the whole car jerks , previously these never used to happen. The car was perfectly alright till Friday night , have been facing this only from yesterday noon. Revved up the car in neutral but found no jerks , car revs freely. Took the car to Hyundai too but the mechanic there said he doesn't feel any jerk in the car , what a noob![frustration]

Has anybody faced this before? What could be the issue?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #257
Hmmm nobody has faced this issue before or was my explanation not clear?

Anyways took the car again to the dealership next day and got hold of the workshop incharge and took him for a test round. He said the problem is with the engine mounts and it costs 5k to replace them. He also said its okay to drive like this and can be changed during next service.

Well i hope he is correct about his diagnosis , happy that the problem is nothing serious!

Cooldhaya , are you sure it is just engine mounts? can you count on that technician?

What about the wear if not rectified duly?

My ford ranger had something similar kind of jerk which we ignored and we had to relace some kind of shaft or axle its teeths were all worn due to which at high torque it used to jerk.

See picture below.it costed us a fortune though.

Attachments

Thread Starter #260
@ Ilango and Jayadev I am not sure either! BTW the jerks during shifting gears have disappeared now. The car jerks now only when i let go off the accelerator each time , now matter what speed or which gear. It is not very much noticeable now but a keen observer(car freak) can feel it. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the problem is nothing much serious!

BTW my car completed its 2nd year with me now. The car has clocked more than 56k KMS now and has run 18k KMS this year , up by 3k KMS from last year. Very much expected because my college is situated in the outskirts of the city. I am very much happy with the car because its trouble free well atleast till now for the entire 2 years and 33k KMS i have driven it. Its been more like fill it and drive it so far with this car. People say Hyundai is ****ty , plasticky , poor handler , low build quality , copies its design from others , blah blah blah , i don't give a damn for them because it as reliable as its Japanese counterparts and very much reliable than the driver's cars in this segment!! And this poor handling thingy is seriously much hyped IMHO , yes its doesn't handle like a Linea or a Vento but at the same time its nothing much to be scared or worry about at high speeds. I have been driving this car on highways daily and at no point did i feel threatened or scared by the poor handling nature of the car , if you are a good and confident driver you can drive this car normally just like all the other cars. At the end of the day i am happy with the car and that is what is important. Verna is a REAL PERFORMER , can smoke out few of the cars in this segment very easily and at the same time very much fuel efficient too. That is the main reason i chose a Verna CRDI!

As a birthday gift changed the horns to some "RX" brand they sound pretty similar to the Skoda's and Bmw's , certainly better than the Bosch i had before. Planning to add few other small accessories like new seat covers , new sunfilms , new floor mats( driver side got torn , planning to get better ones now) , illuminated sill plates , OBD scanner , Jopasu car duster and still few more!

Nowadays started filling tank full so that i can check the FE of the car. I got around 14-15kmpl the last few times i checked the FE by tank full to tank full method. My running is like 60% highway and 40% city with 100% AC ON , so i think the FE which i am getting is good enough.

Adding some pictures which i took recently on her birthday after giving a nice wash and wax job.

PS: Pictures taken with my DSLR , quality got reduced after re-sizing though!

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #261
The problem in owning an trouble free car is there is nothing much to update!:biggrin: My Verna has clocked 58k KMS now and going great. Recently went to Trichy in my Verna and i was delighted to drive it all the way but somewhere in a corner of my heart my desire to own a good handling car is slowly growing.

One bad news is one biker hit and broke my right side ORVM lens last month , have to fix a new one and it costs Rs.500! Car is peacefully taking rest now as i find no reason to take her out!

But here comes the surprise , i have decided to upgrade my car![:D] I have almost finalized what my new car is going to be and only Raj and Ilango are the people who know it , i will let it be a surprise for others! One clue i can give is , i am looking at a much higher segment now and following the pre-used way again! Anyways more about that in a new separate thread.

Well this means i have to sell my Verna now. I want you guys to tell me what is a fair price i can demand for my Verna.

I am the second owner , car is 2008 model and 58k on the ODO(genuine)All 4 tyres are new Yoko A-drives , insurance still has another 10 months left , car is in good condition no dents anywhere(refer above pictures) , ICE has JVC touch screen player with Focal comps at front powered my Sony 2 ch amp and JBL comps at rear. Car is in absolutely perfect condition , you just have to fill fuel and drive!

How much can i expect? I assume nothing lesser than 4.5Lakhs.

Thread Starter #262
LOL looks like nobody is interested in this thread like my Aria thread!

My Verna has clocked 59k now and last week i did my 60k service which included the regular oil and filter changes , along with that coolant , transmission oil , brake oil and another fuel tank filter had to be changed(i forgot the exact name)! And yes changed my right side ORVM lens too which cost around 400bucks. I had no other complaints or repairs apart from that , i just love the Jap/Korean reliability!*touchwood

The bill was around 8.5k of course it included few un-necessary things like AC nutrilising , engine flush , periodic maintenance charges etc etc. Without all such things it would have been only around 6k.

Dropped the car in the morning and got back the same day evening itself. As always i am very satisfied with Hyundai's A.S.S , works done were good and very satisfying!

In case you missed my previous post , yes i am still open to sell my car! You may think why am i servicing the car then and wasting my money , well that is me , till the moment i sell my car i will take good care of her , infact i am considering waxing my car this weekend!

Dhaya your car is still as good as new.[thumbsup]
Who said we don't like the Aria thread?

We are waiting for more & more pics.[glasses]

I think you should open a thread in the Classified Section.

Wish you best luck for the new car, Do reveal which is your next car?

Is it from VW stable or Ford?

Thread Starter #264
Thanks by dropping buddy!

The pictures were taken just after a wash and waxing , that is why it looks like new![thumbsup]

Well shall i let it be a surprise[evil] , i have researched , enquired a lot ,took TD'S and i hope its not a hasty decision or will not a bad choice! But all i can say is it will be a good handling car , i am tired of the soft suspension in my Verna!

WELL well I wish if I could sell my lancer for a good price and take yours but as a petrol vehicle there are very few takers for my car [cry]
It seems good as new buddy.[clap]

Top Bottom