Hyundai Verna CRDI - My Ownership Experience!

cooldhaya, excellent writeup and pictures as well.hyundai's 1.5 is a rocket mill to run with.We have tested this mill and have known the more you push this crdi the more better FE you get from it.But this needs to be done with carefull driving and not rash one.Have heard about its poor braking, so whats your thought for it do share.Congratulations on your ownership and keep updating your thread.

HI dhayanithi,

very good sum up of your car.

The pictures are so good. It does look like a well maintained car. And alloys add charm .

And the black smoke in high revs is not a problem. the dust(carbon deposit in exhaust pipe) comes out.

after 3 to 4 times of same work you dont find black smoke.

Thread Starter #18
@ Vijay... i have mentioned about the brakes in my report!! well anyways i was driving my dad's safari before this car and i must say its better than safari's brakes!! i didnt find any prob with my car's brakes till now. No mention of any repairs in brakes in service records also. mine has clocked 25k kms but still no signs of braking problem!! Maybe HYUNDAI has rectified it!!

@ ilango thanks bro!! Will give it a try and see!!

Nice review buddy.BTW your cars a beauty.If you wouldnt have written noone could ever gues that you are second owner.Nice deal!!

Thread Starter #20
Thanks Akash!!!

I wouldn have mentioned its a second hand car but PETROLHEADS will see the odo and find it!!! I didnt want to be in any embarassing situation!!![:)]

Nice Pics!

I think this is the NH near Vaavin right ?

And you forgot to hide your Number in the last pic :)

Thread Starter #26
Great pictures dude. Keep your car like this, looks good. Enjoy.

Watermark these with TAI.
Thanks RSM!! CAn you tell me how to watermark???

Nice Pics!

I think this is the NH near Vaavin right ?

And you forgot to hide your Number in the last pic :)
Thanks Zinam!! Yeah that NH only!! I take that route pretty often!!

And yeah i forgot to hide , my parents kept calling for my dinner yest night so did it in a hurry and forgot it!![frustration]

350Z

Core Team
Nice report cooldhaya. Your Verna is very well maintained and as Akash said that we wouldn't have been able to guess that its a second hand car if you had not revealed.

Hyundai Verna is a nice car with low NVH levels. The diesel version is Ace of the pack. We have one in family and I simply love the comfortable and spacious interiors. However the looks are not something to talk about, It looks more like a notchback rather than a sedan. Keep us updated on its maintainance costs and other information.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #28
Nice report cooldhaya. Your Verna is very well maintained and as Akash said that we wouldn't have been able to guess that its a second hand car if you had not revealed.

Hyundai Verna is a nice car with low NVH levels. The diesel version is Ace of the pack. We have one in family and I simply love the comfortable and spacious interiors. However the looks are not something to talk about, It looks more like a notchback rather than a sedan. Keep us updated on its maintainance costs and other information.

Drive Safe!
350Z
Thanks 350Z!! Will keep you updated for sure!! Like i said before even i didnt like the looks of the car but zeroed in on verna crdi because it has good FE along with good power!!

Last edited:
Nice pics buddy. I love the last pic od yours. I love the face of verna. The headlamp design of verna is just awesome. Wish they had designed the taillamps better.

Top Bottom