Hyundai Verna CRDI - My Ownership Experience!

Thread Starter #31
My first service bill!!

Engine-oil: rs.994
Filter cartridge: rs.1275.46
Filter-air cleaner: rs.321.38
Service kit-oil filter: rs.299.28
Grease-caliper guide rod(25 gms): rs.49.34

Labour and services:

Diesel filter replaced: rs.125
General maintenance service: rs.785
Both rear brake O/H-drum type: rs.400
Both front brake O/H: rs.400

Total bill including VAT Service Tax: rs.5194

Thread Starter #33
No my car has clocked only 26k till now!! I went there to check my car for any problems , but they checked the service records (they even showed me) and told my car was last serviced at 18k!! So they asked me to leave the car for service!!

Great. Its cheap to maintain Verna.

My friends who have Santro, always tells Hyundai is costly in maintanance, by seeing your bill, its damm cheap. I think he should learn how handle SAs.[:)]

Thread Starter #35
Great. Its cheap to maintain Verna.

My friends who have Santro, always tells Hyundai is costly in maintanance, by seeing your bill, its damm cheap. I think he should learn how handle SAs.[:)]
Oh thats great!! Its cheaper than my dad's safari in maintenance , But did not know its cheaper when compared to santro!!

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
That servicing charge for a Verna is Cheap!, Was it an Authorised Service Station from where you get it serviced? Also, How much your Safari's Servicing Costs? Please Start a seperate thread for ownership Report of your Safari.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #37
That servicing charge for a Verna is Cheap!, Was it an Authorised Service Station from where you get it serviced? Also, How much your Safari's Servicing Costs? Please Start a seperate thread for ownership Report of your Safari.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yeah i got it serviced from KUN hyundai!! Yeah i sure will start a seperate thread for safari after my sem exam gets over tomo!! But the thing is i have to collect all the necessary bills from my dad and take pics also of my safari!! Will surely start one soon!!

Arun

Suspended
Really great review cooldhaya. Neatly written, good pics.

I didn't like the alloys, purely my opinion. [:)] No offense. Post about the ICE too. What about the turbo-lag?

Thread Starter #39
Really great review cooldhaya. Neatly written, good pics.

I didn't like the alloys, purely my opinion. [:)] No offense. Post about the ICE too. What about the turbo-lag?
Arun you are the first guy who told you dint like my alloys!![:)] And yeah turbo-lag till 1800 mark!! After that you can feel the sudden surge in power , you will be pushed to the back of your seat!! I am going to upgrade my ICE soon within two days!! Will post it soon after upgrading!!

@RSM thanks bro!!

Last edited by a moderator:
very well maintained car buddy. now that the new verna is round the corner, how do you feel?

i have driven the verna. its a great performer, just wished that the turbo lag was not present. it has a great steering feel too.

Arun

Suspended
I am hoping no offense is taken. I see these wheels on a Fiesta everyday I get out of my house! It kills the image of the Fiesta. Belongs to a MLA [frustration].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43
very well maintained car buddy. now that the new verna is round the corner, how do you feel?

i have driven the verna. its a great performer, just wished that the turbo lag was not present. it has a great steering feel too.
Thanks Raj!! Yeah anyways the new verna is not looking better than the current one!![evil]

Yeah the steering is quite zippy which is very useful to me!![:D] But the steering is very sensitive and becomes very light at high speeds , the steering wheel must be held tight!!

@ Zinam Thanks for the info bro!! I never thought it was cheap when compared to many cars!!

@ Arun NO offense taken buddy!! Anyways as i said before i din select this alloys , it was fitted when i bought this car!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
Updated

Hey guys got a chance to test the highway mileage of my beauty yesterday!! Went for a trip to Tirupathi around 350kms of travel to and fro including some hill climbing for about 30kms!!

I got figures of around 19kmpl approx with normal driving and maximum speed of only 120kmph!! I mentioned normal driving because i still remember one day where i filled up fuel for 300rs and had a spin in the highway under extreme driving conditions with speeds around 160-170kmph and hard braking at times!! I got figures of only 11kmpl in highways itself under extreme conditions!! But now am pretty much satisfied with these figures and still feel 19kmpl can be improved!!

And about mountain driving the Turbo lag was felt hugely here!! Though the car climbed with ease i couldn travel in 3rd gear for a long time because of this and had to downshift regularly!! In other words couldn keep up with the Petrol cars!![:D]

Thread Starter #45
And also the car was fully loaded with 5 passengers!! The car was fully loaded even in the boot and was running with A/C on fully!!

Top Bottom