Hyundai Verna CRDI - My Ownership Experience!

Thread Starter #241
@ Akash Thanks buddy , yes it was taken from a good professional camera by my friend.

@ Truecitylover Thanks dude , yeah A.S.S charge more generally.

@ Jayadev Thank you bro these pictures with woods were taken at ooty , rest all remaining highway pictures while returning to Chennai.

Thread Starter #242
Alright time for some update.

1.Fixed the dent and knock which my car received from Ilango's garage , you must have seen in the meet pictures my car is back to normal[:D]. My rear right side door also had small dents which was not much visible but happened long back , Ilango said we shall fix them also! The finish and paint quality is awesome , also the whole car was polished! Now only the tail lamp assembly needs to be changed which will be done during my next service which is due next month.

2. ICE upgrade or should i say downgrade? Decided to remove the subs as i felt the need for the boot these days and moreover the sub was used very rarely only , so decided to sell the two subs and the mono amp. Ilango helped me in selling them and two JBL subs and one JBL mono-amp fetched me only 7k![frustration] Ilango warned me before hand itself that ICE products have very low re-sale value and advised me to keep one sub atleast but i was determined to remove the subs from my car! Now got a new pair of Auditor comps in the front the existing JBL comps from the front was moved to the rear and the Pioneer co-axials from the rear has been removed. The HU which i have now is a JVC touch screen video output with Blue-tooth connectivity , model number is KW-AVX 846. Will put up the review of the HU and new setup in the next post.

Pictures also will be added in the next post.

Thread Starter #244
Let me share with you the experience after the polishing and the experience of the new ICE.

First up about polishing , i seriously never expected polishing to be this effective! My car's surface is so smooth now and not to say it shines like new now! Lots of minute minor scratches have also disappeared now. The best part now is about cleaning , just take a dry cloth dust it and wipe it , thats it! The car is as good as new again without even a single drop of water. I am planning to do polishing each time i visit Pondy from now onwards![evil] But the sad part is my car is due for service next month and there after the pressure water wash everything will be back to normal![frustration]. But seriously i never had done polishing before so i never knew the results will be this good , i recommend polishing your cars too!

Now coming to the ICE , the new HU and the Auditor comps are really good! The front auditor comps are powered through the Sony 2 channel amp and the rear JBL comps are powered through the HU. Sound quality is too good , i am enjoying the new setup! And now coming to the HU , the video output quality is top class. Blue-tooth functionality i am finding it very useful though the HU does not show the name of the caller , one big minus IMO! I can't remember the numbers of all my friends! Also any navigation system can be attached to this HU and also the HU has a provision for connecting a reverse camera. I feel this is one of the best VFM available 2-DIN touch screen players available at the market and i am not going to sell this any soon! I am very much satisfied with this setup and thank Ilango for giving me this! But i am not over yet Ilango suggested me to get a RF 4 channel amp and Helix comps at the front and remove the entry level JBL from the rear. Am also planning to add two LCD screens behind the headrest too now as my friends complained its a bit difficult for persons sitting at the back to view any video. But the only problem now is the ugly panel gap seen , check out the picture. I have seen couple of Innova's too with this panel gap. When i went through the manual it was mentioned a separate panel can be bought from the dealer in case if its needed. I have asked Ilango for the same , lets see.

But all these shall wait , no more ICE upgrades for the next 6-8 months atleast. I am very much interested in getting sun-roof now![evil]

Here are the pictures of the car after the polish work and the picture of the new HU.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #246
Blame it on the Ambipur perfume which i used before , it peeled the paint off![frustration] With this i decided no more perfumes which are fitted to AC vents , only bottle type.

Thread Starter #247
Now i am facing this issue in my car water leak![frustration]

After rain whenever i go to my car i see good amount of water getting stagnated beneath the driver side floor mat , yes right not just moisture but water itself , it will be like a swimming pool! I have no clue from where the water is coming inside because i cannot find any traces of water anywhere else. And because of this whenever i park my car in a slope with the driver side on the slopy side , i can see water coming from under the body of the car for quite a few minutes. I have no idea of what is happening , any ideas what's the problem guys?

And the next area which is leaking recently is inside the boot! But this i feel is because of the broken tail lamps , lets see if it gets back to normal after a change the tail lamps. But this leakage is just little and not much like the previous case.

Have any of you guys faced such leaks before , my car is due for service next month , i will ask them to rectify the problem if anybody can guess from where the water is entering inside.

I believe the water accumulation near the driver seat is pretty much. Just make sure that the rubber beading is intact.
As for the water seeping into the boot, i did face a similar problem in our Indigo. It was due to rotten boot floor which had developed minor holes in it giving a path to water inside. So do inspect the boot for any such corrosion which may be a cause of this problem.

Thread Starter #249
Yes driver side is really too much , it also gives a foul smell once the water dries up![anger]

As for the boot no i checked completely no signs of rusting anywhere and hey my car is just 3 years old so i believe rusting is not the issue here. I feel strongly it is due to the knock which my car received recently. If you can see the pictures on the previous page you will also say the same. Maybe during tinkering there is a small extra inch which has been left between the body and the tail lamp assembly causing the water to enter inside.

I should get both these problems rectified before the monsoons begin here![frustration]

Yes driver side is really too much , it also gives a foul smell once the water dries up![anger]
Even if the door surround beading have worn out, that amount of water cannot enter the cabin. I would strongly suggest you to check for any leakages from the body. I understand your car is just 3yrs old, but then sometimes, damages wrong diagnosis of dents or other body damage leads to rusting.

Thread Starter #251
Got an appointment for servicing my car tomorrow. Last serviced on January 2011 with 42k on the ODO , now in 6 months 52k on the ODO. Apart from the regular servicing and oil and filter change the complaints i have are:

1.Right side fog lamp not working , possibly a loose connection.

2.Windshield washer spraying water all above the car!

3.Interior cleaning and vacuum , its very dirty on the inside!

4.Water leaking problem inside the boot and driver side seat i mentioned in above posts.

5.New right side tail lamp assembly which is broken now.

6.Thanks to Hyundai for providing the widest ORVM in its class! The ORVM keeps getting hit by bikers often which has made the entire assembly loose and now the driver side ORVM(mirror) has developed a nice crack after getting hit by another biker![frustration] May change the lens if its not very costly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #252
Gave my car for service today morning , will be getting it back most probably tomorrow evening. Estimated bill is Rs.10k![frustration]

Oil change , filter change , AC nutrilising , right side ORVM new lens , Interior cleaning and polishing , new tail lamp assembly and the leaking problems i mentioned already.

Thread Starter #253
Got back the car from service long back , the bill was around Rs.9500. Got all the above mentioned problems solved except for the leakage issue on the driver side and the new ORVM(no stock , expected!) Water leaking into the boot was solved after replacing the broken tail lamps.

The split up goes like Rs.6000 for new engine oil , air filter and fuel filter. Rs.1000 for interior cleaning and polishing , Rs.1500 for new tail lamp assembly and Rs.1000 for new disk brake pads at front. Now i din't complain about the brake pads but felt the braking was a little bit non-uniform. I was able to feel it very slightly when i applied the brakes gradually to slow down. The SA called me and said it needs a change , so i agreed to change it. I can clearly feel the difference now , brakes have got more bite!

Now about the water leakage issues , the SA said the front leakage near the driver side happened because of the water outlet getting clogged below the front windshield. He said he cleared it and its normal but sad for him it rained the very same night i got back the car. Morning after i woke up , the first thing i did was check out my car. Was happy to see no water leakage inside the boot after replacing the tail lamps but front driver side still had traces of water. Have complained to them already when i got feedback call , will be taking the car again to them this week. I can't take this issue lightly , it may lead to premature rusting!

Overall very satisfied with the service except for that they were not able to solve two of my problems. Yes Hyundai's maintenance is a bit costly especially for CRDI'S but i love the car for its reliability. The car has now clocked 53k KMS and next service is at January 2012 or 63k KMS whichver comes earlier. But now my car's running will reduce greatly. I commute to college daily in my friend's Vento only these days. My car is being used only for my personal outings with friends in weekends which is very minimal running. My car will take a well deserved break now![:)]

The split up goes like Rs.6000 for new engine oil , air filter and fuel filter.
6000 bucks for engine oil, air filter & fuel filter? seems too high. Cost me 2800 when i did it for Accent at our Garage.

Should not cost this much even if everything is OE right? I had got OE fuel, Oil & air filters from Coimbatore; will check and let you know of the rate.

Thread Starter #255
Oops yeah sorry , checked the bill again carefully. For me also it round about costs the same Rs.2800 only , everything OE. I forgot to mention AC nutrilising charges Rs.600 , PMS(periodic maintenance charges)Rs. 800 and they have also used some engine oil flush and super charger oil which comes to around Rs.700 both.

Yes these are all un-necessary charges which comes along when you get your car serviced at A.S.S. Actual bill should be only around Rs.3500 only but they add many things like these and brings it close to Rs.5500-6000.

Top Bottom