Hyundai Verna CRDI - My Ownership Experience!

I dont think tail lamp costs 2k. I got my car fully tinkered and painted for 15k plus 2k for under chasis coating and painting. 5k for this little dent is way too high[frustration]

Thread Starter #227
@ Bharath Hmmm the prices i got was from a SA working in Hyundai , he said it costs Rs.1800 plus tax.

OMG 5k is then too much for this dent! But i think i have no other go , i am not much inclined towards getting it repaired outside , i somehow feel better when my car is being serviced at A.S.S , peace of mind and good quality assured!

350Z

Core Team
Thankfully the damage is comparatively lesser than what it could have been, considering the situation you described. Hyundai Verna’s tail lamp should not cost more than Rs.1,700. It’s better to purchase original tail lamp unit separately (check MRP of course) and get the damage repaired from reputed workshop rather than Hyundai’s A.S.S. Authorized workshops usually charge more than what the actual cost really is.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #230
@ Jayadev LOL perhaps am worrying too much i guess!!

@ 350Z Well the problem is i don't know a reliable reputed workshop and secondly i don't prefer personally to get my car serviced outside other than Authorized workshops. I am worried about the quality of the repairs done outside.

350Z

Core Team
@ 350Z Well the problem is i don't know a reliable reputed workshop and secondly i don't prefer personally to get my car serviced outside other than Authorized workshops. I am worried about the quality of the repairs done outside.
There is a difference between servicing (read fiddling mechanicals) and body refurbishment. Yours is the latter case. However, unless you are confident about a reliable outside workshop, it’s better to stick with one whom you’re considering right now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sad to hear about that accident. Honestly speaking when i read your post on FB, i was fearing a banged boot, but this one doesn't look too major.

5k for the dent removal is too much, but then this has been quoted by dealerships who are always known to have higher charges than other workshops. Why not wait for Ilango to comment here, he may be knowing some reliable shops in chennai.

Sad to hear the damage.

Tail lamp oe are costly. depo brand produce Best replica's at cheaper rate.

say a 4K worth tail lamp of lancer can be bought for 2k.

Worrying on chassis damage , come on road tester !! be bold

Its slightest dent , you wana test the ability of verna . keep a 40 to 50K ready and give me the car keys !

Regarding denting. can be done at my place , since already i am getting 100 ml paint for the spoiler , i'll buy a 50 ml extra for these too.

Paints are available in steps of 100 , and 50 ml plus.
1500 for denting - using best material is a good price.

painting depends. Service advisor may have said 2 to 3 k approx to paint .
where a 1.8k is a good price , provided best material paint ready material is used and of course good quality paints too.

tinkering and painting can be done as low as 500 + 1400
quality of works depends !!!!

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];77662 said:
Tail lamp oe are costly. depo brand produce Best replica's at cheaper rate.
Are you sure they are reliable and do not fade off easily soon? Asking this, because I’ve been fooled by Carnation on name of installing OEM tail lamp.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #235
Okay Ilango to my rescue! I just called him and collected some details , decided to do the repairs with him while fitting my spoiler![:)]

Tail lamps i think i will buy original here in Chennai.

Thread Starter #237
Some recent pictures of my ride as requested by member Love to drive. These pictures were taken when i went to Coimbatore and Ooty with my friends around 3 months back.

PS: The tyres in the pictures are the OE tyres.

Attachments

Excellent pictures Dhaya. I liked all the pics but the fourth and fifth one are too good. They look as if taken from a professional camera.

Hey Dhaya, sad to hear about the dent. Guess you should not have any issues since Ilango is at your rescue.
IMO, the A.S.S guys charge very much for the tinkering & painting jobs.
When there was a scratch in my old city's bumper, Honda service quotation costed about Rs.1200, where the work was completed within Rs.300.

BTW, the pictures are nice [:)].

picture need no words ,
i wish all members do post great pics like these often.

..missing my ride very much

thanks Dhaya. i feel so great to see all those woods and tarmac

Top Bottom