Hyundai Verna (5th Gen) Launched in India @ ₹7.99 Lacs

Thread Starter #32
Re: Hyundai India Has Re-imported 5th Generation Verna

Global-spec next-gen Hyundai Verna spied testing for the first time

Expected to arrive in India in H2 2017.

The global version of the next generation Hyundai Verna has been spotted testing in Spain, courtesy of Motor1.

2018 Hyundai Accent test driver gives us the one-finger salute

Attachments

I really do not understand. What is the need to show the middle finger to the photographer. It is not exactly an engineering Marvel that this guy is driving. It is just a Goddamn Verna. And it still has the stupid, hopeless high rear window line. My God!!!!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I really do not understand. What is the need to show the middle finger to the photographer. It is not exactly an engineering Marvel that this guy is driving. It is just a Goddamn Verna. And it still has the stupid, hopeless high rear window line. My God!!!!
Tell me one person who feels good about paparazzi. Maybe he checks many cars and is fed up with these. Or maybe it was his friend doing some clicks. You don't know.
If someone was clicking your picture without your consent would you pose for it ?

It is inevitable that you will get photographed in a test mule, given the technology improvement. After all you are testing on public roads. If you do not want to get photographed, you can always use a dark tinted windows or test the car in a private facility. Showing the middle finger is not required. That is simply rude. I would go about doing my job and simply ignore the photographer.

Coming back to the car, I really hope Hyundai has fixed the light steering, rear seat support and the high rear window line. Looking forward to the launch Price.

Thread Starter #38

Hyundai Verna will be replaced this August by the latest-generation model

Nearly two decades after it began operations, Hyundai Motor India is gearing up to launch a fresh salvo in the Indian market, which is today the third largest international market for Hyundai, after China and the US. “In 2015, India accounted for 13 percent of Hyundai’s global sales and that figure has jumped to 15 percent in the first two months of 2017,” says Y.K. Koo, managing director and CEO, Hyundai Motor India.

“India is a very important market for Hyundai and that is why we are ready to invest Rs 5,000 crore in developing and introducing eight new products to this market by 2020. Out of those eight models, three will be for a new segment like our Ioniq hybrid which we will launch at the Auto Expo 2018,” adds Koo, who is keen to stress his company’s commitment to the Indian market.

A raft of new models is being developed, some of them specifically for India, like a compact SUV (code: QXI) based on the Carlino concept showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo. Hyundai is also developing what is internally called a ‘Family Design Concept', which is essentially a practical and spacious budget hatchback specific to India. The company is further studying a micro-SUV to rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100.

There will be a full model change for some of the existing brands to keep Hyundai’s portfolio as fresh as possible. The Verna (code: HHI) will be replaced this August by the latest-generation model whilst the next-gen i20 and Creta are due for replacement in 2020 and 2021, respectively.

The Grand i10, the i20 and the Creta are key models for Hyundai, garnering maximum sales for the company and hence an aggressive plan has been made to keep them as fresh as possible throughout their lifecycle with facelifts and other enhancements. The Creta is due for a facelift in late 2018 and will come with a mild hybrid option for both petrol and diesel engines.

In fact, Hyundai plans to aggressively push hybrid tech in India and will roll out mild hybrid options for the new Verna, possibly by the end of this year. Hyundai’s hybrid ambitions have been dealt a blow with the recent rollback of fiscal benefits to mild hybrids under the FAME India Scheme [Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India] but this is unlikely to change the company’s hybridisation strategy as other fiscal incentives that give mild hybrids an advantage are likely to remain.

Koo also says that Hyundai “will manufacture AMTs (automated manual transmissions) in India”. A new in-house AMT manufacturing facility is being set up which will allow Hyundai to offer a low-cost automatic option in its entry-level cars. This will be a crucial step for Hyundai, which is keen to grab some of the exploding demand for AMTs that market leader Maruti is currently mopping up.

A bigger issue for Hyundai is a serious capacity constraint. The Sriperembudur plant is working overtime in three shifts and for 290 days of the year to satisfy not just domestic demand but export markets as well.

Last year, Hyundai produced 6.62 lakh cars and that figure is likely to go up as it enters new, mass market segments. The company is tight-lipped on its plans to increase capacity but sources say that it is waiting for sister brand Kia to set up a plant in India and share some of its capacity.

Hyundai currently accounts for 16.82 percent of the Indian market, which places it a distant second behind Maruti which continues to dominate the market. However, Hyundai’s global scale and a wide product portfolio that ranges from entry cars to luxury SUVs make this ambitious Korean automaker the market leader's most formidable rival.

Hyundai to expand India model range - Autocar India

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Hyundai's upcoming all new Verna has been spied and the interiors also were snapped. Sharing some snapshots.

download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

download (3).png

download (4).png

download (5).png

download (6).png

Credit: mrcar online

Regards

Akash

I have seen them testing the all new verna near jaisalmer couldn't take a snap as I was driving and the car overtook me swiftly, but then I saw them stop at a tea stall and asked then about the model and specification or if I could take a picture but they refused to do so.

kkn13

Suspended

I hope they offer it with 2.0 diesel and petrol as options with AT even if they charge a premium, Id definitely go for it
Or even Creta with Tucson's 2.0

They already offer these in international markets as it is

I hope they offer it with 2.0 diesel and petrol as options with AT even if they charge a premium, Id definitely go for it
Or even Creta with Tucson's 2.0

They already offer these in international markets as it is
As much as this looks good on paper, it will simply kill Elantra which surely has a bigger Margin for Hyundai and they can play a bit more freely with Elantra than with Verna.

On the contrary, can we expect Hyundai Verna to cost less owing to the incoming GST rates in July??? That would certainly make the C2 segment battle that much more interesting.

Re: New Generation Hyundai Verna Arrives in August

How it would fare before the established City & Ciaz? Quite curious to know what would be the USP for this car!
This would be the toughest launch for Hyundai in the recent times.
Will it regain the segment leader position or eat into siblings sales or DOA ?

Top Bottom