Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (10K Kms. Second Service Update)

Mileage observed till date
- 12-13 Kms in Chennai City traffic
- 19-20 Kms on highways (if i decide to keep it under 100) else somewhere around the 17 Km Range
- Downhill from Ooty gave me around 26 Km (i didn't forget to take a pic)
Thats a great mileage.. Though the MID shows pleasing numbers, the actual tankful method always takes in such a volume of fuel so that you end up in getting 15-17 kms per litre as a very good mileage.

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (10K Kms. Second Service Update)

@Dithi, @sai_crdi, @allhyundaicars

I have a damaged right ORVM led gaurd. SA told me that they have to change entire right ORVM. Do you think I could get just this part only ?

I remember your damage.. it was not prominent as the LED cover was a small part. Try coating the crack with fevi quick or araldite so that water does not seep in. Need not worry about that much as it will still be transparent, sealed and wont look awkward

You sure yours is a petrol one ? [;)]. Are those MID figures or FT2FT (Full Tank 2 Full Tank)? Do share some of your tips on gaining FE
It sure is petrol [:D]. These are average of figures calculated FT2FT and MID .. and also based on the ODO readings. I'll share a tip (It might sound silly, but it helped) which was shared to me by a friend who also owns a Verna.

He asked me to try and keep my foot off the accelerator as much as possible. So this is what i started doing when I was not in a rush to get somewhere

- When in city limits, I step on the pedal and let the speed rise to anywhere between 60 - 80 Kmh (in case the traffic is less) and then take I take my foot off the pedal and let the car roll. When the speed gradually comes down to 60 from 80 then I apply light pressure on the pedal again to bring it back to 80 Kmh. So, its like I take my foot off the pedal every 15 - 20 secs depending on the speed and traffic and let the car roll along for a while without giving it power.

- its the same in highways also except that i'll be doing the same at a much higher speed.

NOTE: The above does not come in to consideration when you're in a rush to get somewhere or in heavy traffic. [:D]

you wouldn't believe, there was an instance when I was driving somewhere (a bit fast but i was not in a rush to reach anywhere) without applying the above concepts and my fuel indicator dropped down to one block and simultaneously the refueling indicator also lit up. Now, out of curiosity I tried performing the above procedure and in a couple of mins the fuel indicator went up by one block and the refueling indicator turned off. that really surprised me. Ever since, whenever i'm out on a casual drive, I kept doing the same.

@krishna6239 - I'm not sure if that's that real reason behind my car giving me 12- 13 on city roads. But that's the only tip that I've followed and it definitely worth a try.

Last edited:

Am surprised and curious to know how the bumper is not touched and auto hit the tail lamp ?!! Did you fix the bumper also? (
The bumper did get some scratches (its visible in the original pic - the uncompressed one) and the bumper clips also gave away on the right side. The pic was taken after I pushed it in. You still can see it sticking out a bit on the right side. The diffuser clips also gave away at the bottom.

Even I was surprised at first that the damages on the bumper were less. Later on i figured out that the Auto's front wheel hit the bumper and the clips gave away, and some object from within the Auto cracked the glass. In the pic, you can see a lot of things in the background, those were unloaded from the auto that hit my car along with 5 passenger. (Can you believe that??)

getting the cover for 500 is real cheap.. I miss being in Chennai for such factors :(
Yeah.. This place called Pudupet has a collection of spares for all two and four wheelers.. removed from vehicles which were dumped, stolen etc etc....

It sure is petrol [:D].
He asked me to try and keep my foot off the accelerator as much as possible. So this is what i started doing when I was not in a rush to get somewhere

- When in city limits, I step on the pedal and let the speed rise to anywhere between 60 - 80 Kmh (in case the traffic is less) and then take I take my foot off the pedal and let the car roll. When the speed gradually comes down to 60 from 80 then I apply light pressure on the pedal again to bring it back to 80 Kmh. So, its like I take my foot off the pedal every 15 - 20 secs depending on the speed and traffic and let the car roll along for a while without giving it power.
NOTE: The above does not come in to consideration when you're in a rush to get somewhere or in heavy traffic. [:D]
thsi is definitely not silly. this is what the VTVT from hyundai, ivtech from honda and VVT from suzuki does. They vary the valve timing based on the speed so that the momentum of the vehicle will be used instead of burning more fuel.

We can override that and contribute from us by being light footed on the throttle..

So without knowing the concept, you are actually making it perform better :)

Yeah.. This place called Pudupet has a collection of spares for all two and four wheelers.. removed from vehicles which were dumped, stolen etc etc....

I know pudupet.. I am actually from tamilnadu and was in chennai for about 10 years. Now working in trivandrum as this is close to my native

Thread Starter #127

I remember your damage.. it was not prominent as the LED cover was a small part. Try coating the crack with fevi quick or araldite so that water does not seep in. Need not worry about that much as it will still be transparent, sealed and wont look awkward
There are few shards and pieces missing, so I removed the orvm indicator and wrapped it in transparent tape to get a better seal and reinstalled it back. Water doesn't creep in but it kinda looks dull.

thsi is definitely not silly. this is what the VTVT from hyundai, ivtech from honda and VVT from suzuki does. They vary the valve timing based on the speed so that the momentum of the vehicle will be used instead of burning more fuel.

We can override that and contribute from us by being light footed on the throttle..

So without knowing the concept, you are actually making it perform better :)
Wow!!.. Now that's new information to me.. Thanks Sai for the explanation [thumbsup]... that totally makes sense!!... And I'm glad that at least i wasn't wasting my time doing some nonsense. :tongue:

I know pudupet.. I am actually from tamilnadu and was in chennai for about 10 years. Now working in trivandrum as this is close to my native
We've got something in common.. just that its vice versa.. I'm from Kerala and working in Chennai.. So you definitely know how cheap things are in Pudupet and also how dangerous its is to keep your vehicle out of sight even for a few mins while you're there. [;)]

Last edited:

Bought the MJJC foam lance for my Karcher K2, produced hell of a thick foam. Used 45ml of Proklear SFC in total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAC4pVHv_pI&feature=youtu.be

Foam wash = CARGASMMMMM !!!!!! [:D]
WOW!!... that's cool!!.. How's your experience with the Karcher K2?... I'm also planning to get a pressure washer and was looking at the "Bosch AQT 33-11". Any suggestions?

Thread Starter #131

WOW!!... that's cool!!.. How's your experience with the Karcher K2?... I'm also planning to get a pressure washer and was looking at the "Bosch AQT 33-11". Any suggestions?
For my use Karcher K2 is more than enough. I bought Karcher k2 compact instead of car or car-premium because they all have the same motor but just some different accessories and wheels. If you can afford I suggest you to go to Karcher k3 since it has an water cooled motor. Pro is karcher products always come with one year manufacturer warranty, con with karcher is that it has limited service centers and o-ring damage is frequent if you dont drain water after turning off.

Instead of Bosch 33-11 I would suggest you Bosch AQT 33-12 since it has a lot of helpful features than 33-11. Pro is that bosch has a lot of service center outlet and aftermarkets parts [fake ones too] are easily available. Cons is that bosch pressure washers comes only with 6 months warranty. However there are few forum members[@jazzyb5454] who PW's has been working flawlessly from past 2 year.

I'll try to post product diff's later

Last edited:
Thread Starter #133

Just had wheel balancing and wheel alignment done at service center. Used 3 sets of 25,20 and 10 gms weights.

Costed me about 1467 INR

If you do it outside, this should be under 700. In trivandrum they offer one more free allignment after 1500 kms from the paid wheel allignment

Thread Starter #135

If you do it outside, this should be under 700. In trivandrum they offer one more free allignment after 1500 kms from the paid wheel allignment
Accidentally drove into a pot hole (formed due to heavy rain) since then car started to pull towards left. Since I was nearby to ASC at that time and was in a hurry, I went there.

Top Bottom