Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. Third Service Update)

Thread Starter #152
Whats idle speed sensor sir ? ( i mean its location and why it needs cleaning )
There was slight idling issue so I asked them to clean. I guess they listed MAP sensor cleaning as "Idle Speed Sensor cleaning". MAP is located on Intake Manifold in Verna (Fluidic and 4S)
why throttle body cleaned at such early interval ?
Just wanted to get it done to see if it makes any difference in current condition.
Resut : Waste of money [drive]

Last edited:
MAP sensor (You meant Manifold absolute pressure sensor na sir ) , it doesn't require cleaning unless there is a variation in OBD scan say misfiring or pressure issue or so .
If the problem is resolved , then OK, else can you describe what issue you face with idling ?

My SA had told me to do throttle body post 40k or during 50k service , as its just a preventive maintenance for the vehicles which are serviced and maintained well . Else it is just an incentive for the advisor.

Thread Starter #154
If the problem is resolved , then OK, else can you describe what issue you face with idling ?
Car sometime used to idle rough and sometimes idle low as soon as i start the car. So I decided to get it serviced and check it once. At ASC error code popped up, SA suggested to clean it up once first and if it repeats then it'll be replaced under warranty.

My SA had told me to do throttle body post 40k or during 50k service , as its just a preventive maintenance for the vehicles which are serviced and maintained well . Else it is just an incentive for the advisor.
I removed the intake duct and had a look inside throttle body, there was a slight blackish film on surface. Hence I asked him to clean the throttle body once.

Sir , even newly delivered vehicle after running for 1k km , develops blackish residue in throttle body linings , reason is our environment conditions .
For best VFM , I recommend TBC at 40k or above .

Top Bottom