Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Thread Starter #181
Guess I made a bad decision. I should've checked with you guys before chagnging the tyres. Anyways, nothing much I can do now.
That's nothing to be worried about. Milk the life out of those tyres and write a review or opinion about them. If provided with statistical data, it might help manufacturer to figure out.

Very true, huge money is made in parts and service.. More than sales I would say. And since you mentioned the "Rear Disc Brakes" as an eg, that's one thing I don't understand why Hyundai discontinued that feature. I think they discontinued it starting from my version (Verna 4s). Rear disc brakes would've definitely added to the braking experience.
"Cost reduction" since customers never complained to OEM about the removal of rear disk brake system. But you can install rear disc setup for like 20K INR + labour (AFAIK) from Hyundai ASC.

Tough time for everyone bro
Totally agree...Hope you guys are all safe
you can change the tyres (say if you get a good deal , say per tyre if Michelin /Any other brand dealer ) buy backs this new tyres , you can change to those
Good idea, but I'm sure they would try to buy back the tyres at the lowest proce possible. For now, I'll just stick to the MRF's and see how my experince turns out to be.
The thing with ZVTV , is its sidewall is quite weak (I suffered a sidewall crack at 1.5k km , I was in crawling traffic , and as it was a havey rain , I couldn't see a thing , and left passenger wheel had drifted off the road).
Man, that sounds really dangerous.. Did you manage to get control of the car?

That's nothing to be worried about. Milk the life out of those tyres and write a review or opinion about them. If provided with statistical data, it might help manufacturer to figure out.
That's exactly what I'm planning to do. If the experience turns out to be really bad, then I sure won't make the mistake again... [;)]
"Cost reduction" since customers never complained to OEM about the removal of rear disk brake system. But you can install rear disc setup for like 20K INR + labour (AFAIK) from Hyundai ASC.
Hmmm, when they remove an essential feature like that, they should atleast make up for it in terms of price or addition of something else better.. But that was not the case here...
To be frank, the braking is actually good with the current front disc and rear drum setup, nothing that I can complain of. But just curious if it would've been much better with the rear discs. Have you driven the older version with the rear discs by any chance?

Hope you drove USDM cars to your hearts content.
I own a Nissan Rogue 2019 model.. Its a car which serves my purpose, spacious and loaded with good features

The pic below is a day after the incident and the car had been in the parking for a while. But two weeks back the glass crumbled from the bottom and completely went into the door.
Sorry to see this. I wish the window glasses could be made bit stronger in our cars. Last August, one morning around 5 am i heard some banging noise. It woke me up from sleep and i checked outside to see 2 guys trying to break open my car's front passenger window to take the GPS from the car. They were hitting hard several times but just managed to crack the glass. I shouted at them and they ran away. Checked the car after it got a little brighter to see that the front window glasses are laminated and wont just shatter into pieces in the event of a damage. I learnt from the glass repair mechanic that it is a safety regulation to prevent injury/death to people by them getting thrown out of the car during a crash. They cracked but stayed in place till i got the replacement shipment the next week. I could have driven around with for a week it but it gave poor visibility so did not risk much.

MRFs are also good but i have read many reviews that they are bit harder and noisy at high speeds. Bridgestones are known for their wet grip. Don't bother much as this is a time of crisis. Be happy that you managed to replace tires easily when you wanted. It is also a reputed brand and has been there for several years. May be they have improved and you may share positive feedback soon which may help us change our perspective

To be frank, the braking is actually good with the current front disc and rear drum setup, nothing that I can complain of. But just curious if it would've been much better with the rear discs. Have you driven the older version with the rear discs by any chance?
i was told by the service guy when i questioned them on the removal of rear disc brake when Ibought the car. The answer was to avoid the risk of a complete brake failure in the event of hydraulic fluid loss. I was still wondering how other manufacturers are still managing the setup . May they knew the problems with the clutch system and the clutch and brake share the same reservoir in Verna?!

The reason for removing rear disc is
1.Cost cutting at the time of manufacturing
2.Lower Service cost (Rear disc setup , although doesn't requires high maintenance like that of front discs , does need inspection , and calipper pin greasing at regular intervals , rear drum setups , most ASS don't check it at all - Although enthusiastic ones like us , do insist to check , and that is billed separately , if one doesn't have a good relation with SA ) .

Note- There are various codes for billing -
Example -
1.Front brake Overhauling- 450 rs
2.Rear Brake Overhauling- 450rs
3.Brake overhauling- 450rs

What my SA does is put brake overhauling , and do the front and rear jobs together , what other SA's do , put 1 and 2 separately , benefit is they get incentives [thumbsdown]

Thread Starter #187
5th Service Update :
ODO : 23,718 kms
Avg FE : 12.8 kmpl
Best FE : 15.7 kmpl
Recent FE : 11.8 kmpl

Job performed at ASC :
  1. Regular Oil and oil filter replacement.
  2. Cabin Filter replaced.
  3. Wheel hub bolt and hub replaced.
  4. Rear brake shoe cleaning. (was hearing random squeaking noise)
  5. Injector Cleaning
  6. PMS

Total Cost : 7439 INR

SA was sending videos before and after performing the job, reminded me on BMW's service observing system. Felt like it was a step in right direction for Hyundai ASC.
Was surprised to see ASC using PPE effectively (billed in consumables) and following safety protocols for all personnel. Seeing it reduced anxiety to some extent especially when compared to outdoors.
COVID-19 is no joke, take all precautions and stay safe.

IMG_E4985.JPG

Last edited:
Why did they do injector cleaning?
It's a petrol car, it doesn't require injector cleaning, especially at this short Odo reading. I suspect this as a duping. And what's wurth screenwash? If it is normal windscreen wash, for 101rs, am just.

And for fellow Hyundai members, a doubt, doesn't old gen Verna have mesh-like ac cabin filter (I think I have read somewhere that Hyundai is planning to replace the same with Paper type), so currently is it paper type (Like one in Suzuki?)

Thread Starter #189
Why did they do injector cleaning?
It's a petrol car, it doesn't require injector cleaning, especially at this short Odo reading. I suspect this as a duping.
I observed one of the injector showed lower pressure than other 3. I suggest them to do this one as a precaution. SA also suggested to do it when changing fuel filter (36K kms). Later SA told me that one was little bit dirtier than others, after cleaning issue resolved.

And what's wurth screenwash? If it is normal windscreen wash, for 101rs, am just.
Screen wash concentrate bottle (100ml), gave me the rest, It was not necessary for me.

And for fellow Hyundai members, a doubt, doesn't old gen Verna have mesh-like ac cabin filter (I think I have read somewhere that Hyundai is planning to replace the same with Paper type), so currently is it paper type (Like one in Suzuki?)
Paper like only, don't know about previous gen.

Don't know why cabin air filter has higher GST than others spares.

They introduced Paper type filter , as the previous gen Hyundai car's Ac system gets complaints especially the evaporator core getting clogged up with dust, as mesh type filters gets a cleaning/2 weeks (Just like domestic A/c filter).

Hey Guys.. How you all been? Its been a while. Just dropped in to add some updates and get some sugestions.

1. I managed to get the fascia that @krishna6239 had mentioned earlier for the AVN and now I have the original wooden trim face plate back on with the F980BT after almost 4 years.. and I was so glad that I did it, its great to have the original look back and it looks beautiful.. What do you guys think??

old vs new.jpeg

2. And then the MRF tyres. I accept.. it was a bad decision. Its been a litte above six months since I've been running on the MRF's. Initiatlly when I used the car for local short distance drives, I felt that it wasn't as bad as what people were saying but the moment I hit the highways during my trip to Kerala, I just missed the old Bridgestones in every way possibe. With the MRF's, the road noise is huge and it was like I could feel the roughness of the road in the driver's seat. And during a few sudden brakes, I felt that the ABS took some to kick in than always (I'm not sure if this is related but does tyres impact the fucntioning of the ABS.. Like cause a time delay ??) So, that's it with the MRF's.. made a huge mistake.. won't do it again... ;-)

3. My EPS motor died while I was in Kerala and spent around 6500 to get that replaced. Do the EPS motors usually get damaged in a span of 4 years and 37000 Kms?

4. I've been wanting to get some sugestions on this for a while and I always keep forgetting to ask. I've been having an issue with the trunk open switch for a while now. The rubber that covered it had worn out and the switch was exposed, eventually the switch itself stopped working and now if I have to open the trunk, its either using the remote or the driver side lever.I had checked with the service center and was shocked to hear the price they quoted. My verna is an SX(O) and they said that the switch doesn't come as a separate part and that they have to replace the enitre strip at the rear which contains the rear camera etc. and the price for that is around 16K. Has anyone had this issue before? any suggestions?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Didn't know even the verna has eps issues. I have changed eps in my as well as my friends i10 2-3 times each. Just hope It doesn't fail again.

Which boot switch are you talking about. I couldn't understand.

Top Bottom