Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Yup without a doubt, AFAIK there are two models easily available from aliexpress for Hyundai Verna. Check dimensions of F980BT before ordering.
Can you share the URL with me for the model that you purchased ?

Did they show you old clutch plate & clutch bearing ? Since clutch is a mechanical parts, it has many variables which will cause early failure.
Yes, they did. Infact, they kept all the replaced parts in the boot on my car.

Can send me the product info, if possible installation procedure too.
Sure, I installed the KMH mirror folding relay. Its been more than an year now and it still works great. Here are the links to the product, accessories needed and the installation video.

KMH Relay - KMH Side Mirror Folding Relay For Hyundai Cars
Scotch Lock - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07GYR8HK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Installation Video -

The only prequisite is that you car should have the default mirror folding option using the button on the driver side.

Cool, which tyres ? how much did it cost ?
I'm not sure if I took a wise decision but I replaced the stock Bridgestone's with MRF Z VTV. I actually wanted to go with Michelin but the price difference is huge. What's your opinion on this? Any previous experince with MRF? I've never used MRF's before. Even on my bike, it had Metzeler's by default and later when it was time to change I opted for Michelin. I changed the tyres yesterday and with the current lockdown situation, I haven't been able to drive the car much. Just a few hundred metres.

Last edited:
It appears similar to the issue i had for a relatively less driven car. My friend was taking my car for a spin and the clutch became hard to operate. I guess he had to apply more force resulting in a broken push rod. Then he had to call the roadside assistance and got the whole master assembly replaced. After changing it and bleeding the clutch, the issue was resolved. I spoke to the SA to know that this problem is not new in fluidic verna. They had dealt with similar incidents earlier. I guess if you have pushed it harder, you might have broken the rod and ended up replacing the master assembly alone instead of changing the whole assembly.
Great to hear from you @sai_crdi [:)]. I actually did try pressing the pedal down harder bro.. But it just didn't move.. I had to keep the car in the service center parking lot for a day since it was some holiday.. So out of curiosity I went back to the parking lot the next day and tried to press down the pedal harder hoping that some magic would occur and that it would start functioning but i was left disappointed. [roll] And yes, even I've heard that the fluidic verna's have been know for clutch issues.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@Dithi - again , the clutch life depends on various factors. My Verma's lasted 51k kms. My current gen figo's at 70k kms. Still original clutch , similar city driving compared to the verna.

Also. If vehicle is not in warranty get it serviced outside.
Check out my clutch overhaul updates here Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

clutch set 7000rs
Clutch bearing -700rs
Labor with oil change - 1400rs
Original master cylinder - 900rs

Another thing is that hyundai mrp are really high. I wonder how can they charge so exorbitant prices. Master cylinder costs 900rs outside. Same company and yet hyundai packaging says 4500rs mrp.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My verna came with zvtv's and they are pathetic. The rubber will get hard in no time. You should have gone with Yokohama earth 1 tyres. I have used 4-5 sets on different cars and they are really good in the budget.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Surprised to see the picture of a plastic rod being used to operate clutch. I am referring to the rod that connects clutch pedal with the master cylinder.
This the Unfortunate trend with all automakers. Those Plastic parts are certainly not durable. Look at complaints flooding with XUV owners. Every XUV suffers early clutch failure in its lifetime.

@Dithi - again , the clutch life depends on various factors. My Verma's lasted 51k kms. My current gen figo's at 70k kms. Still original clutch , similar city driving compared to the verna.

Also. If vehicle is not in warranty get it serviced outside.
Check out my clutch overhaul updates here Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

clutch set 7000rs
Clutch bearing -700rs
Labor with oil change - 1400rs
Original master cylinder - 900rs

Another thing is that hyundai mrp are really high. I wonder how can they charge so exorbitant prices. Master cylinder costs 900rs outside. Same company and yet hyundai packaging says 4500rs mrp.
You got the complete thing replaced for less than half the amount that I spent. That's great buddy. But I'm sure that you really know how to search for the parts that you need and to make sure that you're not cheated. Here if we go to the local market searching for parts, there are chances that they may sell you fake/low quality ones unless you personally know the person. Another problem for me is that I don't have a trusted go to mechanic guy near the place that I currently stay and most of the other stations are multi brand service centers and their charges are almost similar to the Hyundai Service Centre maybe 500 or at the most 1000 less. That's why I end up going back to Hyundai.

Thread Starter #174
I have moved to USA last April and was on a short assignment for 6 months in 2017-18.
Hope you drove USDM cars to your hearts content.

That looks clean. Good job
Thanks

Can you share the URL with me for the model that you purchased ?
Facia for Hyundai Accent/Solaris/Verna

The only prequisite is that you car should have the default mirror folding option using the button on the driver side.
We can easily add a separate switch to initiate the closing action, right ?

I'm not sure if I took a wise decision but I replaced the stock Bridgestone's with MRF Z VTV. I actually wanted to go with Michelin but the price difference is huge. What's your opinion on this?
Never used MRF on any 4 wheelers my family owned. I normally prefer Bridgestone or Michelin or Yoko.

Where as for my bike [FZ25] I prefer MRF massater since they are VFM or the performance they provide and other choices would be timsun or MSP or Pirelli if I have the budget..

@Dithi
Most of us swap MRF's with Bridgestones [roll]
I totally agree with you @VISHNUCARCRAZY . I wouldn't have gone with the MRF's but times have been crazy and a few unfortunate incidents also happened to the car, so I was in a hurry to get the car back ready to roll. The situations being -

* Just a day before the lockdown started I was out doing some shopping and on the way back a truck guy stopped me so that he could reverse his truck back into the street in front of us and while doing that a stone got caught under his tyre and it came directly at my passenger side glass shattering it completely. The pic below is a day after the incident and the car had been in the parking for a while. But two weeks back the glass crumbled from the bottom and completely went into the door. The day afer the incodent, I went to Hyundai, they said they don't have the part in stock and placed an order. But from the next day lockdown started and my car still doesn' have the passenger side glass. The Service centre opened on wednesday and they've told me that they'll try to get the part asap and fix it.

sideglass.jpeg

* The next thing is that I currently reside in Chennai and you guys know that the situation here is getting worse. I'm holding up for now but if it gets even worse I'll have to be ready to travel back to my native (Kerala).And that's where the tyres came in. I didn't have a spare tyre in my car becaue one of the tyres were damaged and I had to replace it with the spare. And the remaining 3 tyres were the stock ones which are almost reaching end of life. So I needed to make sure that the tyres were in good condition in case I have to travel. MRF is the nearest store from my house (just two streets away). I did enquire with Michelin (Which is a bit far from my place) but they said it would take a while before the shop is completely open and tyres are back in stock. And with the current situation i don't think the car is going to be used extensively nor are we going to do any road trips any time soon. So I stuck with MRF and saved some money.

Hopefully the glass should also be replaced in a few days and the car should be ready in case I have to travel.

Last edited:
My verna came with zvtv's and they are pathetic. The rubber will get hard in no time. You should have gone with Yokohama earth 1 tyres. I have used 4-5 sets on different cars and they are really good in the budget.
Guess I made a bad decision. I should've checked with you guys before chagnging the tyres. Anyways, nothing much I can do now.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
No worries. You can consult next time. Change these tyres after 4 years irrespective of running. And yes delhi have original things plus copies too. There are some items which are repaired but still sold in original packaging like steering motor , power window button etc which normally costs 2-3 times if you buy new.

Another thing you can do is to check the brand that hyundai uses for a particular thing. Eg brakes. Rear brake pads cost (if you have rear discs brake) 4500 rs in hyundai packaging. If you buy it in the OE packaging it costs less than 1000rs.(I only came to know the brand once the mechanic opened the pads and was furious why I bought the imported ones) I bought imported kia pads for 1900rs. Such is the profit margin in these parts. You should go through my thread and read it from the last page. Lots of details.

Last edited:
Facia for Hyundai Accent/Solaris/Verna
Thanks.. [thumbsup]

We can easily add a separate switch to initiate the closing action, right ?
The KMH relay works with an existing motorised mirror. Does your model have a motorised mirror? If yes, then the switch should also be there. My version had the motorised mirror but it didn't have the option where the mirrors would fold and unfold when we lock and unlock the car. Surprisingly the same year model i20 had the option built in but not the Verna. It wasn't a big thing but I somehow had a liking to the mirrors folding when you lock the car. The relay helped me get that function. If the mirror is not motorised then we'll have to install the motors first or change the complete mirror set with a motorised. I remember seeing a site online selling those motorised mirrors but the complete set costs a bit. You could rather intsall the motors in the existing mirror if you could get the parts. The switch should be easily available.

Motorised Mirror Online - https://www.partsbigboss.in/door-mirror-verna-fluidic-lhs-far-vision.html (This is one of the sites that I saw)

No worries. You can consult next time. Change these tyres after 4 years irrespective of running.
I definitely will. In fact I always knew that the MRF's were more hard compound tyres and not the one that would give a comfort ride when compared with the other brands. But like i said, the current situation and the need to get my car ready for travel at the earliest all clouded my thinking.

There are some items which are repaired but still sold in original packaging like steering motor , power window button etc which normally costs 2-3 times if you buy new.
I've seen them do that here in chennai as well. The parts are repaired, well cleaned and packed like OE by a group of people and then sold in the nearby shops as new parts.

Another thing you can do is to check the brand that hyundai uses for a particular thing. Eg brakes. Rear brake pads cost (if you have rear discs brake) 4500 rs in hyundai packaging. If you buy it in the OE packaging it costs less than 1000rs.(I only came to know the brand once the mechanic opened the pads and was furious why I bought the imported ones) I bought imported kia pads for 1900rs. Such is the profit margin in these parts. You should go through my thread and read it from the last page. Lots of details.
Very true, huge money is made in parts and service.. More than sales I would say. And since you mentioned the "Rear Disc Brakes" as an eg, that's one thing I don't understand why Hyundai discontinued that feature. I think they discontinued it starting from my version (Verna 4s). Rear disc brakes would've definitely added to the braking experience.

Tough time for everyone bro , you can change the tyres (say if you get a good deal , say per tyre if Michelin /Any other brand dealer ) buy backs this new tyres , you can change to those . Else , another suggestion would be , try to get MRF perfinzas (Paying the excess amount when compared to ZVTV) . The thing with ZVTV , is its sidewall is quite weak (I suffered a sidewall crack at 1.5k km , I was in crawling traffic , and as it was a havey rain , I couldn't see a thing , and left passenger wheel had drifted off the road).

Top Bottom