Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Oh ok. My verna doesn't have this. Leave it like that. Just use the car remote or the lever inside. Don't waste money on this.
Do you have the keyhole present for the boot, I think they must have removed it.

Oh ok. My verna doesn't have this. Leave it like that. Just use the car remote or the lever inside. Don't waste money on this.
Do you have the keyhole present for the boot, I think they must have removed it.
Yeah.. That’s what even I thought.. that’s too much money for just replacing a switch..
There’s no keyhole for the boot. The switch works similar to a keyless entry.
But guess what.. I have an update... I just fixed the issue this morning with a quick DIY... it might sound stupid but works... . Will post the details and pics after a while.

Thread Starter #198
What do you guys think??
Looks great !

And during a few sudden brakes, I felt that the ABS took some to kick in than always (I'm not sure if this is related but does tyres impact the fucntioning of the ABS.. Like cause a time delay ??
Check brake pads, must be close to end of its life. Otherwise most likely brake dust.

3. My EPS motor died while I was in Kerala and spent around 6500 to get that replaced. Do the EPS motors usually get damaged in a span of 4 years and 37000 Kms?
Hyundai's EPS is generally weaker when compared to some competitors in the market. Turning the steering when car is idle or when engine is turned off is the main cause of early eps failure.

4. I've been wanting to get some sugestions on this for a while and I always keep forgetting to ask. I've been having an issue with the trunk open switch for a while now. The rubber that covered it had worn out and the switch was exposed, eventually the switch itself stopped working and now if I have to open the trunk, its either using the remote or the driver side lever.I had checked with the service center and was shocked to hear the price they quoted. My verna is an SX(O) and they said that the switch doesn't come as a separate part and that they have to replace the enitre strip at the rear which contains the rear camera etc. and the price for that is around 16K. Has anyone had this issue before? any suggestions?
If i remember correctly 16K INR is cost of Key FOB replacement also. Think they quoted replacement of entire security system and Key FOB along with replacement of "boot release strip". Like @allhyundaicars said, 16K is too much for a small part (which i never used and didn't even knew until i saw your post) and one easily adjust with KeyFOB or inner boot release.

Check brake pads, must be close to end of its life. Otherwise most likely brake dust.
Yeah, I'll definitely get that checked

Hyundai's EPS is generally weaker when compared to some competitors in the market. Turning the steering when car is idle or when engine is turned off is the main cause of early eps failure
That's not good. I usually avoid turning the steering when the car is idle except during tight parking situations.

If i remember correctly 16K INR is cost of Key FOB replacement also. Think they quoted replacement of entire security system and Key FOB along with replacement of "boot release strip". Like @allhyundaicars said, 16K is too much for a small part (which i never used and didn't even knew until i saw your post) and one easily adjust with KeyFOB or inner boot release.
I know, even I was shocked on hearing the price at first. They said that the "Boot release" alone cannot be replaced for my model and it has to be replaced along with the camera and that costs around 16K is what I remember they said. I also crosschecked the price online and found the same part on Boodmo and it was priced around 13K.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-camera_assy_back_view-6646842/

So, here's how I fixed the boot release issue. I'm sure not everyone would approve me of doing this cheap DIY fix, but I just wanted to give it a shot and it worked !!
I first removed the rear strip with the camera and boot release switch. My idea was to find out how the boot release switch looks exactly and to see if I can get the same model online. So this is how it looked.

JPEG image.jpeg

JPEG image 3.jpeg

JPEG image 4.jpeg

JPEG image 8.jpeg

After looking at the module, I thought "Why don't I just try replacing the switch with another one and see if that works". So, I started searching for a compatible switch that I might find at my house and finally I got an idea, which I wasn't quite sure about but I just went ahead and gave it a try and it Worked!!.. So here's how the boot release switch looks like now and it works like a charm. From the looks, Can anyone guess where I procured the switch from??? [;)]

JPEG image 9.jpeg

Thread Starter #201
6th Service Update :
ODO : 26,092 kms
Avg FE : 12.7 kmpl
Best FE : 15.7 kmpl
Recent FE : 14.2 kmpl

Job performed at ASC :
  1. Regular Oil and oil filter replacement.
  2. Cabin Filter replaced.
  3. Air Filter replaced.
  4. Brakes and Brake shoe cleaning. (was hearing random squeaking noise)
  5. PMS

Total Cost : 6302 INR

My Verna too had that issue with the boot release the rubber gets hard and flakes off, did not changed it used as is.
On the i20 too have the same issue quoted 2k to replace the switch, but then they said it’s working use it Till it stops working.

someone up in the thread asked about injector cleaning. Well petrol injectors too get dirty and affect spray pattern.
I was having misfire conditions on heavy acceleration, changed plugs and coil did not help.
opted for them to remove and clean the injectors they were dirty, but the problem stayed intermittent, I then put a bottle of gumout ram it more concentrated than directed, issue resolved.
service guy said to use premium fuels once in a while if not often.

with regards to cabin filter, previous Verna the one I had was 2011 it had the washable mesh filter. It would not filter much and the evaporator core would get clogged up. Had done the evaporator removal and cleaning once in between it was really plugged up and filthy. Before the accident the same low airflow symptoms I noticed.
the i20 has the pleated paper filter, have spent around 3300 so far on filter changes. Still cheaper than removing the evaporator and dash and manually cleaning. What’s more better is not once got that foul odor from the AC. On the previous Verna with washable filter that was often.

Top Bottom