Hyundai Venue Compact SUV

Thread Starter #121
Hi,
Small update for fuel efficiency.
I drove 1073 Km for 76 Ltr which comes out to be 14.11 Kmpl in which most of the running is in city range. I suppose it as a descent one.
Calculated by full tank to full tank method.

Hi,
Small update for fuel efficiency.
I drove 1073 Km for 76 Ltr which comes out to be 14.11 Kmpl in which most of the running is in city range. I suppose it as a descent one.
Calculated by full tank to full tank method.
That's a pretty good feat by Hyundai's standards, given that their 1.2 lt petrol engine is notorious for sub-par fuel efficiency in city traffic. Generally I've seen that a car's mileage somewhat drops in longer term (post 15-20k kms) but I think with that kind of mileage, you still have a healthy margin. Drive safe and keep posting :)

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue: New TVC announces SUV’s global launch

hyundai-venue-us-tvc.jpg

In the TVC, we see a Hyundai Venue being flown inside a C-130 transport aircraft high up in the sky, before being dropped on a tarmac at California’s Inyokern Airport, where it is greeted by other Hyundai SUVs. The other Hyundai SUVs in this video, in fact, give a good look at Hyundai’s US model lineup of crossovers and SUVs. The vehicles in this TVC, apart from the Venue, are – Kona, Santa Fe, Nexo, Tucson and Palisade. To let you know, the US-spec Hyundai Venue is larger in size as well as better equipped than the Indian-spec model.

Read:

Right, I have a small update. This Monday took the car to Kanchipuram which is around 70 KMS from Chennai. Highway riding was a breeze, sound insulation is really good. I did try cruise control on and off and it worked really well, but time duration was very minimal. I didn't cross 90 KMPH as I wanted the engine to get used to, it was cruising at 2000 rpm which is a real boon for mileage.
Now coming to Mileage, I received 18.2 (Reading in cluster) during my sedate highway drive, so in real world it should be above 17.
My first tank full mileage - 100% city drive with moderate to heavy traffic with my average speed at 17, cluster reading was 12.1 and real world was 10.8.
Now in my second talk full, have driven close to 300 KMS (Inclusive of Kanchipuram trip) the cluster reading shows 14.2, baring 110 odd kms where I cruised around 80 - 90, drove in moderate to heavy traffic.
Verdict - I hope city mileage improves in time after first service, as my Xcent gave me around 12 - 13 during my city drive, i expect atleast with Venue 14 :).

Right, I have a small update. This Monday took the car to Kanchipuram which is around 70 KMS from Chennai. Highway riding was a breeze, sound insulation is really good. I did try cruise control on and off and it worked really well, but time duration was very minimal. I didn't cross 90 KMPH as I wanted the engine to get used to, it was cruising at 2000 rpm which is a real boon for mileage.
Now coming to Mileage, I received 18.2 (Reading in cluster) during my sedate highway drive, so in real world it should be above 17.
My first tank full mileage - 100% city drive with moderate to heavy traffic with my average speed at 17, cluster reading was 12.1 and real world was 10.8.
Now in my second talk full, have driven close to 300 KMS (Inclusive of Kanchipuram trip) the cluster reading shows 14.2, baring 110 odd kms where I cruised around 80 - 90, drove in moderate to heavy traffic.
Verdict - I hope city mileage improves in time after first service, as my Xcent gave me around 12 - 13 during my city drive, i expect atleast with Venue 14 :).
Nice to know that. Please start an ownership thread. [:)]

Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you miles and miles of happy driving.
I am myself in the fray for a new car and already booked a Venue SX 1.0 but during the 3 months of waiting period spend time checking other options too. The S-cross especially pulled a few strings owing to the quality and the premium feel ( also the good bargains in offer currently ) . Now I am completely torn between the Venue and S-cross.
Could you please clarify a few points based on your usage till now.

1.Since the turbo is a small capacity engine in Venue, did you have a chance to observe the effects on mileage when driving through hilly roads under full load (ex: family of four with luggage) . I read in some online articles that a small capacity turbo petrol will struggle in such conditions.Any insights?
2.How is the rear seat comfort when going over small undulations in the road ? Does it jiggle around a lot or is it composed, specifically when there are , say, 2 adults occupying the rear.
3.Rear seating capacity – is it comfortable for three full sized adults (albeit < 5’10” tall )? I have been reading a lot of reviews which say that rear seat will be too cramped because it is actually based on a hatch back platform.
4.How do you feel the build quality and structural strength are, from a safety perspective?

Apologies if I sound rambling on with too many questions. It is just that I am not yet able to decide between the Venue and S-cross and it is leaving me sleepless nights, literally. Since my driving involves both City (daily ) and highway/slightly hilly terrain (once or twice a month) I am at a very confused state.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hyundai VENUE Dominates India’s Utility Vehicle landscape
- Becomes India’s No.1 Utility Vehicle (May-Sept 2019)-

- VENUE entered the Hyundai Arena of ‘Power Brands’ with over 75,000 bookings
- More than 42,681 Happy Customers Connected to the World of VENUE in less than 5 months of Launch
- Blue Link technology, trendy design and unbelievable performance sums up together in making it No.1 Compact SUV​

New Delhi, October 2019:
Hyundai Motor India Ltd., the country’s first smart mobility solutions provider and the largest exporter since inception has set a new sales record in the compact SUV segment. With 42,681 units in period May-September 2019, Hyundai VENUE has become the highest selling UV in India. It continues to reach a new threshold by surpassing existing benchmarks.

Speaking on the success of Hyundai VENUE, Mr. S J Ha, Executive Director, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said “It is a moment for great pride for us as VENUE had outperformed to become the No.1 Utility Vehicle in India. VENUE with its Solid Presence, Refreshing Driving Experience and Seamless Connectivity has struck the right chord with Indian customers and transformed the compact SUV landscape in India. The enthralling response of VENUE with over 75,000 bookings and 42,681 happy customers within 5 months is a testimony of the customers’ increasing preference towards the refreshed design and innovative features of India’s First Connected SUV.”

The technologically advanced features and contemporary outlook help Hyundai VENUE to deliver high performance and become the first choice of today’s millennial generation. The Hyundai VENUE has created required excitement in Indian auto Industry and revived customer sentiments towards New Vehicle Purchase. The VENUE has entered the arena of Power Brands while diminishing all set conventions and creating unmatched benchmarks for Indian Auto Industry.

Hyundai VENUE boasts of Advanced Safety System providing the best Active and Passive safety for a stress-free driving. Built with the application of 69 % Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) + High Strength Steel (HSS), Hyundai VENUE achieves prominent Static & Dynamic stiffness with improved structural rigidity. It comes with a host of Comfort and Convenience features including Electric Sunroof, Wireless Phone Charging, Air Purifier, Cruise Control to name a few. With the combination of safety, technology and aesthetics it is undoubtedly the best in its segment leading Hyundai to new zenith.

About HMIL

Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). HMIL is India’s first smart mobility solutions provider and the number one car exporter since inception in India. It currently has 12 car models across segments SANTRO, GRAND i10, ELITE i20, ACTIVE i20, XCENT, VERNA, ELANTRA, VENUE, CRETA, TUCSON, KONA Electric, India’s First Fully Electric SUV and the newly launched Grand i10 NIOS. HMIL’s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts of advanced production, quality and testing capabilities.

HMIL forms a critical part of HMC’s global export hub. It currently exports to around 91 countries across Africa, Middle East, Latin America, Australia and Asia Pacific. To support its growth and expansion plans, HMIL currently has 502 dealers and more than 1,324 service points across India. In its commitment to provide customers with cutting-edge global technology, Hyundai has a modern multi-million-dollar R&D facility in Hyderabad. The R&D centre endeavours to be a center of excellence in automobile engineering.
Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hyundai Commences 3rd Edition of ‘Great India Drive’ with India’s First Connected SUV - VENUE
  • Flags-off #GREATINDIADRIVE from The World’s Tallest Statue –‘Statue of Unity’
  • #GreatIndiaDrive to cover 17 marquee Venues highlighting India’s Greatness of ‘Unity in Diversity’
Hyundai Great India Drive III Flag-off.JPG

New Delhi, October 16 2019:
Hyundai Motor India Ltd, India’s First Smart Mobility Solutions Provider and largest exporter since inception, today flagged-off the 2019 edition of the Great India Drive from The World’s Tallest Statue- ‘Statue of Unity’, Gujarat. The 182 mtr tall ‘Statue of Unity’ is an Iconic structure that represents Unity in Diversity of India and holds great significance being the Birthplace of Mahatama Gandhi, The Father of the Nation, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel – the 1st Deputy Prime Minister of India and the current Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.

Commenting on the drive, Mr. S. S. Kim, Managing Director & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL), said, “The 2019 Great India Drive with India’s First Fully Connected SUV VENUE from the World’s Iconic landmark-‘The Statue of Unity’, underlines India’s unique quality to stay Connected and United. The 2019 Great India Drive will chart out a unique journey for 17 Urban Adventurers across 17 historic venues in India proving the strength and capabilities of VENUE on some of the most difficult and picturesque terrains of the country.”
The journey will cover locations such as the Highest Motorable Pass, Khardungla, Himachal, Sakya Tangyud monastery, Kaza and Vivekanand Rock, Kanyakumari Via Chennai & Pondicherry to name a few. Conquering these locations will prove the strength and mettle of VENUE across rugged and non-conventional topographies.

Designed to meet the needs of the millennial generation, VENUE boasts of Advanced Safety System providing the best Active and Passive safety for a stress-free driving. Built with the application of 69 % Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) + High Strength Steel (HSS), VENUE achieves prominent Static & Dynamic stiffness with improved structural rigidity. It comes with a host of Comfort and Convenience features including Electric Sunroof, Wireless Phone Charging, Air Purifier, Cruise Control to name a few. With the combination of safety, technology and aesthetics it is undoubtedly the best in its segment leading Hyundai to new zenith.

VENUE has received enthralling response with over 45,000 happy customers in less than 5 months of its launch which showcases customers’ increasing preference towards global technology and innovative features making VENUE India’s No.1 UV.

About HMIL
Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). HMIL is India’s first smart mobility solutions provider and the number one car exporter since inception in India. It currently has 12 car models across segments SANTRO, GRAND i10, ELITE i20, ACTIVE i20, XCENT, VERNA, ELANTRA, VENUE, CRETA, TUCSON, KONA Electric, India’s First Fully Electric SUV and the newly launched Grand i10 NIOS. HMIL’s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts of advanced production, quality and testing capabilities.

HMIL forms a critical part of HMC’s global export hub. It currently exports to around 91 countries across Africa, Middle East, Latin America, Australia and Asia Pacific. To support its growth and expansion plans, HMIL currently has 502 dealers and more than 1,324 service points across India. In its commitment to provide customers with cutting-edge global technology, Hyundai has a modern multi-million-dollar R&D facility in Hyderabad. The R&D centre endeavours to be a center of excellence in automobile engineering.
Regards

Akash

I went to the showroom last week. We saw Venue. The front looks refreshing, the top varient alloys look good. From rear it kind of looks small. I had i20 Active SX O, and I felt it's still kind of better in comparision to Venue. The rear seats legroom space was not much, I felt it was less than i20 active offered - when you look at the space between rear ac blower and seat. I also took a look at Grand i10 NIOS and I must stay, it's interior, seat, space looks much better than Venue. I feel both of these cars are overpriced by 30K to 40K, especially Grand i10 NIOS because for it's top model which is about 7,84,500 in my cty, you can negotiate baleno top model very close to this price and even i20 elite considering year end discounts.

Hi all,
I was looking for Hyundai Creta Base model in 1.6 and was waiting for almost close to 2 months. Now got an update about the price and went to showroom to have a look.
But the car havent arrived. Got a chance to look the Hyundai Venue and test drove it.

I liked it a lot and its more compact than Creta.
Here in Venue, i get more features for 11.35 lakhs itself where in Creta 1.6 base close to 14 lakhs i get very minimal options.

I know the engine is good as its used for many years by Hyundai.
But there is no much car reviews in online forums by owners.

Anyone have update about this car and practical usage minus and plus by owners.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue: Check out the latest promo video

Hyundai has now uploaded a new promo video for the Hyundai Venue that is being sold in the international market.

The promo video shows 2020 Hyundai Venue and shows the various features that it offers. The video first shows the exteriors of the car it shows the bold grille, headlamp, LED DRL, indicators and the tail light design of the car and then it moves to the inside.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue BS6 diesel, petrol bookings open – AMS, TPMS added

Bookings for BS6 Hyundai Venue have now opened. The petrol Hyundai Venue retains the same petrol engines: 1.2-litre Kappa NA four-cylinder and 1.0-litre T-GDi turbo three-cylinder; but in BS6 avatars. The Indian automotive industry is busy updating products to BS6 specifications and the Hyundai Venue is relatively late to the party. Vehicles from all major categories are mandated to be BS6-compliant by 1 April 2020.

bs6-hyundai-venue-petrol-diesel-specs-variants-brochure.jpg

At present, the Hyundai Venue comes at a starting price of around Rs 6.55 lakh for the base petrol variant and Rs 7.80 lakh for the entry-level diesel model. The prices mentioned here are ex-showroom and are bound to see a hike in the case of the updated Hyundai Venue BS6 (especially for the diesel variant).

The Hyundai Venue BS6 diesel trims get a few additional features as well. While all four E, S, SX and SX(O) trims get AMS (Alternator Management System), the latter two gets TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) and USB charging. This applies only to the DCT format of the SX trim. AMS is a new feature. It is a technology that will cut-off charging of battery, once it is fully charged. This will increase battery life.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
BS6 Hyundai Venue 1.5L Diesel Launched From Rs. 8.09 Lakh

hyundai-venue-1.jpg

BSVI Hyundai Venue has been launched at a starting price of Rs 6.7 lakh for petrol and Rs 8.09 lakh for the new 1.5-litre diesel model, up to Rs 55,000 costlier than before

The new diesel engine for the Venue has been sourced from Kia Seltos, but has been de-tuned significantly for application in the Hyundai Venue. Other than the new oil-burner, the compact SUV has received the BSVI-compliant versions of the earlier 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engines.

image (5).png

hyundai-venue-3-1068x668.jpg

image (6).png

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue 1.0 Turbo To Get New iMT Gearbox; Launch This Month

1pkvqglo_over-42000-hyundai-venue-suvs-sold-in-5-months_625x300_11_October_19.png

Hyundai Motor India has announced that the Venue will get its all-new Intelligent Manual Transmission or iMT gearbox later this month on the T-GDI version. This is the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol version of the Venue gets the new transmission option that offers hasslefree gear shifts. The new iMT option is not your run-of-the-mill automatic though. While it gives you the convenience of a clutch-free drive, the driver can still use the gear lever to change gears, thus retaining the fun of a manual car. The technology was first announced on the Kia Sonet subcompact SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, but sister-brand Hyundai has beat the automaker by introducing it in the Venue, which competes in the same segment.

Read:

Last edited:

Top Bottom