Hyundai Venue Compact SUV

Yes, 5K smart phone has these features, but these guys are first to get this feature in CSUV. Credit where it is due is the least thing which we can do. Hyundai has always been rich on features. Best example being my 2014 S(O) Xcent was rich on equipment list when compared to market leader Dzire VXI. It even had switch to fold wing mirror which even the top model of last generation Dzire didn't have. Less said better.
Now for people who claim Hyundai cars give poor mileage. Below are the numbers of my Petrol Xcent with 48K in ODO. These are latest numbers, as just now I completed Chennai - Kumbakonam.- Chennai.
100% city driving with moderate traffic - 13.1
90% Highway 10% City - 17.54
100% highway - 20.1
These numbers are achieved by me with the help of sedate driving. I didn't cross 100 Kmph throughout the trip.
P.S - I am no way related to Hyundai and I have owned both Maruti and Hyundai cars till now.

Less said about hyundai mileage is better so let's leave it as everyone knows about it. Few months back we heard news about maruti or tata ordering half a million sim cards from bsnl. Hyundai may be first to offer them but others will be there soon and will be priced half of what hyundai will ask for it.

If you have Maruti as a benchmark then yes, Hyundai mileage is not that great. However, we all know why Maruti cars have good mileage numbers. Lets not get deep into the nuances.

If you have Maruti as a benchmark then yes, Hyundai mileage is not that great. However, we all know why Maruti cars have good mileage numbers. Lets not get deep into the nuances.
I think few years back there was a case against hyundai in US for misleading mileage figures I think they are the same all over the world. And hyundai is not lamborghini everyone knows it's milage or rather lack of it. Most of the companies give better mileage than hyundai.
Apart from the grill car looks decent. Now people who criticised tata for that headlamp design will shower praise for this. Anyway not much hope on this one since prices will be too high and engines apart from diesel will be bad. Plus there is no auto other than dct in which hyundai don't have much experience. Dct + one litre engine will be the worst option with turbo lag and jerky and questionable reliability, low mileage and high pricing

It looks beautiful from the front. The back is a bit bland to my liking. I like the chrome grill, suits the SUV personality. I didn't like the interiors. Hyundai is famous for dual tone interiors which look premium.Black interiors look cheap to me. Also the HU is looking like a tab is sticked with a glue which is disappointing for me. Alloy design is stunning to say the least.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue drive modes tested on snow laden roads of Nainital – Teaser video

hyundai-venue-snow-test-off-road-nainital-drive-modes.jpg

Hyundai Venue latest teaser video shows the SUV making its journey from Jim Corbett National Park to Nainital, in the winter season. Roads enroute to Nainital are laden with snow, and the video shows how easily the Venue SUV is making its way through on the ghat roads. Hyundai Venue will get 3 drive modes, these was confirmed via the leaked images. Next to the gear knob, is the drive mode selector.

Read:

To me this vehicle seems to be a hit BUT the sensible pricing is a must , as the CSUV segment is slowly pushing towards the creta territory in terms of pricing , and lots of segment first features in venue might make hyundai greedy ,but they should remember that this is the most crowded segment and 2 of the best sellers brezza and Nexon are due for updates and the new xuv 300 is also showing glowing colors so they should be cautious while pricing it

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue to be launched on 21 May

hyundai-venue-rear-fascia-leaked-image-a79a.jpg

The launch date for the Hyundai Venue is out. The new sub-compact SUV will hit the Indian market on 21 May 2019.

The Hyundai Venue will come with features like Composite Light (two-tier headlamp setup), dual-tone alloy wheels, LED tail lights, electric sunroof, large touchscreen infotainment system with built-in navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and much more. It will be the most technologically advanced Hyundai model in India, with 33 different connectivity features.

Read:

Back lights are blatant copy from VW (Polo) [shock]
Hyundai back to its old days [gun]
From back its not looking like SUV but more like hatchback. Not matching with the face. Looks like 2 different cars from front and back.

Last edited:
Frankly, there is simply no charm left in this sub-compact SUV segment anymore. Almost all players have AA/ACP, DRLs, Projectors, 2 airbags (at minimum) and 1.0-1.5 litre engines. They won't get any bigger or smaller in terms of engine size, power output (and hence performance). Its become as commoditized as the hatchback/C1 segment. What about at least bringing in AWD ?

Frankly, there is simply no charm left in this sub-compact SUV segment anymore. Almost all players have AA/ACP, DRLs, Projectors, 2 airbags (at minimum) and 1.0-1.5 litre engines. They won't get any bigger or smaller in terms of engine size, power output (and hence performance). Its become as commoditized as the hatchback/C1 segment. What about at least bringing in AWD ?
Govt. should raise the length of cars to atleast 4.2M [;)]
Within 4M, these CSUVs just look like hatchbacks which are too tall, too wide but very short in length having too much GC.

Thread Starter #58
Hyundai Venue to be launched on 21 May

View attachment 258796

The launch date for the Hyundai Venue is out. The new sub-compact SUV will hit the Indian market on 21 May 2019.

The Hyundai Venue will come with features like Composite Light (two-tier headlamp setup), dual-tone alloy wheels, LED tail lights, electric sunroof, large touchscreen infotainment system with built-in navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and much more. It will be the most technologically advanced Hyundai model in India, with 33 different connectivity features.

Read:
One more thing by seeing the pic. Variant will be like S . SX , as this one is SX

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue SUV in red mono tone colour spied ahead of launch

hyundai-venue-red-colour-spied-first-launch-price-1.jpg

Ready to make its global debut in India, as well as at the New York Motor Show on 17th April, the new Hyundai Venue SUV has been spied once again. This time in a single mono tone Red colour. Earlier it had been spotted wearing white and black colour option. Both mono tone as well as dual tone colour option are wearing the same machine cut alloys.

Read:

Top Bottom