Hyundai Venue Compact SUV

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Styx Subcompact SUV Spotted Testing

k5pnltk_hyundai-styx_625x300_15_February_19.jpg

The subcompact SUV segment is getting spruced-up every year with the entry of new models. Mahindra had launched its subcompact SUV- the XUV300 yesterday and Hyundai is all set to introduce its contender soon. carandbike had reported earlier reported that the Hyundai Styx which was formerly known as the QXI will make its world debut in April this year at the New York Auto show. Prior to its debut, the Styx has been caught testing nearing its production stage.

4e4nuoug_hyundai-styx_625x300_15_February_19.jpg

ua7pivi8_hyundai-styx_625x300_15_February_19.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai QXi compact SUV to get three engine options, dual-clutch automatic

mageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190218040956_HyundaiQXI1.jpg

At launch, the Hyundai QXi compact SUV will come with a total of three engine options – a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol making 100hp and 172Nm; and the 1.4-litre, four-cylinder petrol and 1.4-litre, four-cylinder diesel borrowed from the Verna. While the petrols are likely to be closely matched on power, the turbo-petrol engine will offer a significant torque advantage.

Read:

Hyundai QXi compact SUV to get three engine options, dual-clutch automatic

View attachment 256989

At launch, the Hyundai QXi compact SUV will come with a total of three engine options – a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol making 100hp and 172Nm; and the 1.4-litre, four-cylinder petrol and 1.4-litre, four-cylinder diesel borrowed from the Verna. While the petrols are likely to be closely matched on power, the turbo-petrol engine will offer a significant torque advantage.

Read:
Turbo Petrol and Dual Clutch Automatic sounds good but well we know how Dual clutch automatic gearboxes fare here in India, and not to forget, it will add to the cost of the vehicle.

Looks wise, Hyundai Styx/Qxi looks good, definitely like the Mini Creta looks but Hope Hyundai does not mess up the Front end with a Santro like Grill. Although I guess, Qxi will borrow some Hyundai Kona like front looks

Nairrk

Honoured Member
10 features expected on the Hyundai QXi (Hyundai Styx)

The Hyundai QXi (Hyundai Styx) is a sub-Creta SUV that was previewed by the Hyundai HND-14 ‘Carlino' Concept at the Auto Expo 2016. The new SUV will be launched around the end of Q1,2019 and will go on to rival well-established models like the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and Tata Nexon. Here is a list of 10 features expected on the Hyundai QXi -

2017-Hyundai-Verna-touchscreen-from-China.jpg

Large touchscreen
Electric Sunroof
Ventilated Front Seats
Dual-tone machined alloy wheels
1.0-litre turbo petrol engine
7-speed Dual Clutch transmission
Composite Light setup
LED tail lamps
Disc Brakes on all wheels
Comprehensive Safety Kit

Details:

In the above rendering the car looks wider than creta actually this is a very compact car. Unless it's priced competitively which most definitely won't happen it won't make any big impact on the market. i20 top end itself is expensive so this would definitely be more expensive than xuv 300, i don't think there is much value at that level. People can easily buy creta Base models for that money. Just like how new santro makes i10 look vfm.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai QXI India Launch Expected Around 20th May 2019

Next-Generation-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-1.jpg

Hyundai Motor India Limited will soon launch its first-ever model in the sub-4-metre SUV segment to compete with the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon, and Mahindra XUV300. The new model, which is currently known as the Hyundai QXI, is expected to launch around 20th May this year.

The Hyundai QXI expected to launch as the Hyundai Styx. It will be tasked with attracting SUV buyers in the sub-Creta category to Hyundai dealerships The Styx will likely offer segment-leading features list and powerful petrol and diesel engines.

Read:

Current Creta retails with both 1.4L & 1.6L diesel and 1.6L petrol.
So as not t should fit into lower cat, It will be a 1.2L Kappa engine from i20. But when it comes in Diesel it will be the 1.4L engine from i20 and Creta.
To prevent over lapping and to give sales traction to the STYX, I somehow feel 1.4L diesel in Creta may be stopped. In fact 1.4L deisel sell quite a number in the overall Creta sales.
I don't think Hyundai will get it more number of engines as it will complicate the product portfolio.

Styx spotted by a twitter user @Arpit_Rathi. Looks production ready and it looks damn sexy on dual tone paint scheme with black roof. Upon zooming one can find electric sunroof. Owning a Hyundai, I have no doubts on the ride quality and features on offer. Just a request, price it appropriately unlike Creta, you have my money on this.
Styx 1.jpg
Styx 2.jpg

Last edited:
2 Points readily came into my mind -
1. Advantage of using 1.4L engine , tax benefits .
2. As always Hyundai nails with all bells and whistles which can change the cards on the segment.

Criteria that a buyer in this segment looks -
1.Diesel Automatic (None in the segment )
2.Below 15L budget
3.Premium elements like sunroof , ventilated seats .

I expect the top end of this car to be priced to base variant, or 2nd variant of Creta .

Thread Starter #25
1. 15L budget is bit high.. expecting it to be placed between 9L to 12L
2. Ventilated Front Seats highly expected.
3. 1.0 turbo petrol engine option plus
4. Premium elements
are all required to face competition with brezza and nexon.
Hope Hyundai will comply this [:)]

Just like santro this will fail due to high pricing.
That 1 litre turbo is going to be a fuel guzzler with big turbo lag.
None of the launches in last 6-12 months have put the charts on fire just because of that (high pricing ) right from santro ,kicks,harrier,xuv 300,and honda civic ,each one belonging to different segment still none is smashing value for money .May be the Chinese (M G ) will correct the market with Hector or the Koreans ( kia ) with sp concept

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Styx To Have Segment-First Features Like Ventilated Seats; Debut Next Month

Hyundai-Styx-to-debut-at-NYIAS-on-April-640x360.jpg

The QXi could be christened the Styx in India and Leonis in international markets but we do not have a confirmation yet. Rest assured, it will follow the latest design path Hyundai has adapted with eyebrow LED Daytime Running Lights sitting above the conventional headlamps and the cascading front grille is accompanied by sharp fog lamp assembly.

Some of the key features to likely be on-board are front ventilated seats, vehicle stability control, multiple airbags, panoramic sunroof, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, disc brakes on all four wheels, cruise control, ABS with EBD and so on.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Carlino QXi first official teaser video – Powerful yet sophisticated

Hyundai Carlino QXi has been noted with distinctive boxy styling cues, as seen on the Creta and front fascia and other design elements as seen on the Kona crossover. It is seen with a hexagonal front grille, distinctive headlamps and LED DRLs in a two tier setup.

Its rear sports a tail gate design as seen on the Creta while the Styx will sit on 16” machine cut, dual tone alloy wheels. It will feature ventilated front seats (first in class feature), its interiors are done up in a black color scheme. It gets a large 8” touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also gets electric sunroof. Safety features will be at a premium with ABS, EBD, 7 airbags, hill hold assist and hill descent assist.

Read:

Seems proportionate and stylish , on features its competing with xuv 300 , if hyundai can provide this with 1.6 L diesel of creta/verna/elantra at around 13 L ex showroom ( wishful thought ) i,ll be the first one to buy it ,as personally i dislike the 1.4 L diesel of hyundai in terms of performance and refinement .

Top Bottom