Hyundai Trio: Santro, i10 and Verna!

Thread Starter #271

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't know anyone in dwarka side but if you are don't know a local mechanic then ask bosch or mobil 1 service center. They will charge a little bit extra than local mechanic but a lot less than company.

You can also buy parts from the kashmeri gate market. There's a shop named RUSHOB and they only have hyundai parts( just search on google rushobh kashmeri gate and you will get the number) and ask them the price and availability of the clutch and the timing belt.

It's recommened to change the timing belt at 1 lakh. I did too. But it didn't cost me 6k. 6k is too high for the belt and even for the clutch. My i10's clutch costed me 5500 rupees.

You will get genuine parts from the shop that i recommended.

But i got the belt and clutch done from local market in model town. Got them done at 1,00,xxx kms and now the car is at 1,40,xxx kms [:D]

Pressure plate plus clutch bearing costed me a total of 2k i guess and 700 rs labor which included change of engine oil seal. (oil seal was leaking so the mechanic checked the clutch and recommened to change the clutch as well)

What i recommend is ask the labor prices from bosch service center and buy the parts from kashmeri gate market and get them replaced.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone in dwarka side but if you are don't know a local mechanic then ask bosch or mobil 1 service center. They will charge a little bit extra than local mechanic but a lot less than company.
Well, I looked for Bosch and Mobil 1 service centers but there is nothing on their websites. Do you have a link from where I can get the details of their service centers in or around Dwarka or may be Gurgaon?

Last edited:
I again searched for Bosch Service center in Dwarka and Gurgaon. I found one in Rajouri Garden and another one in Gurgaon. While reviews for Rajouri one were good, it was not so good for Gurgaon one. Will see if I can go to Rajouri next weekend. I hope they have the parts available with them as Kashmere Gate is on other end of Delhi for me.

Meanwhile, I was reading how these ASC guys rip off the customers by adding unnecessary stuff in service. I had lost the file containing my car service record so this morning I went to the Hyundai ASC and asked them to give me record of my last four car services and also enquired about the timing belt cost again.

I was told that timing belt replacement will cost me around 5.5K and it includes Labor charges, Timing belt, Tensioner and Outer drive/belt (don't know what that is). Labor charges are around 1200. So it means they are charging around INR 4300 for the two belts and a tensioner. Sounds costly. Does anyone know what is outer drive/belt in Santro?

Meanwhile, when I had a look at the service record I found I had got last 4 services done at 7900, 8500, 9300 and 10300 KMs. Here are some of the things I think I never paid attention to and were really unnecessary and inflated my bills:
1. They had done Engine Decarbonizing at 7900 and 8500 KMs. As per Hyundai website, it may be done every 30,000KM. Not mentioned in Service Manual.
2. Engine Oil additives added on last two services. I mean I never asked for it. Not mentioned in Service Manual.
3. Wind screen washer for last three services. I didn't ask them to add this.
4. Throttle Body Cleaning in each of these services. Is it required in every service? It is need based as per Hyundai website. Not mentioned in Service Manual.
5. Engine Flush done thrice in last 4 services. Hyundai website says it may be done every 20000KM. Not mentioned in Service Manual.
6. What is Calliper Pin lubrication? I don't know if this is required but I see it was done in all of the last four services.
7. Fuel Injector cleaning done thrice in four services. Not sure if this is required. Not mentioned in service manual.

To me it looks I paid 1500-200 rupees extra in every service without getting any benefit out of it. My last two car services amounted to 8500 each.

Thread Starter #275

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think you mean 79000 kms and 85000 kms right ?

Engine flush is not needed. I haven't done it because it will make the oil seals weaker. And mate from now on just do not get all those things done.

You just get engine oil , oil filter air filter changed at every 5k. And get injectors , spark plugs cleaned every 20k and throttle body cleaning every 30k.

You dont have to take your car to authorised service center. Just find a local guy and get oil and everything changed. You can see my posts and you will get to know about various parts prices plus the shcedule i follow.

I think you mean 79000 kms and 85000 kms right ?
Yes, you are right. I indeed meant 79000 and 85000 KM. My bad. But I am now not able to edit that post.

I am going through many posts to get better understanding of the things. It has already started helping me. Thanks! I think in next service I would easily save INR 2000 if not more. [thinking]

Thread Starter #277

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My total service charges are around 2k as you can see in my previous posts.

Anyways do ask if you have any other queries.

Caliper pin , I don't know. Service center did that but the local mechanic never suggested.

Thread Starter #278

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
santro @ 143200 kms.
did service today plus clutch plate work.

clutch plate plus pressure plate - 1550 rs hyundai original
clutch bearing - 550 rs
clutch wire - 450 rs
engine oil - 700 rs mobil 10w30
oil filter - 110 sakura
air filter - 120
spark plugs - 320rs NGK
gear oil - 700 rs 2.5 liters castrol
labor - 900 rs.
washing - 250 rs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #281

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There was a lot of noise coming from the rear tyres , got it inspected and the bushes were damaged.
Got Eva brand bush - 360 rs
Labor to fit the bush- 150rs
Labor for removing and fitting - 800rs.
Another mechanic quoted 1200 rs for the same work.

Attachments

Thread Starter #283

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
This is located in the rear axle/ subframe.
There was noise coming from the rear suspesnion because of the bad bushings.

The mechanic checked for tyre play (parking the car in gear with handbrake down)
The tyre shouldn't move in and out, my tyres were.

He opened the rear axle and found the bushings damaged. Check the 2nd image. Sourced from Google) and compare it with the new ones.
There were another rubber bushings which costed 30 rs for a pair which increased the height I think.
The old ones were severely damaged.

Attachments

Thanks for the quick reply sir, this shows how much you are keen when giving your car for service [:)]
Usually nowadays i don't get time for supervising and as i have good relationship with ASS ,they do the work in best way they can.

Thread Starter #285

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I used to go to 1 mechanic only for years. After I took my verna he went mad. Started quoting 3-4 times for the same work done before and he also damaged my car and didn't take any responsibility .

I used to give him the car and take the car in evening but now I go to 3 mechanics ( 1 bosch worker who is only free on wednesday) and give the car to the one who quotes less.
Since they are new I don't trust them so I stand there and buy parts myself and wait till the whole work is done.

Ps : santro at 147200 kms. I10 at 89000kms.
I didn't upload here when I got the last service done for i10 [frustration]
Thinking of selling the i10 so will wait to get anything done.

Last edited:

Top Bottom