Hyundai Trio: Santro, i10 and Verna!

Hi,

My Santro Xing as completed 95500 kms and needs a clutch plate replacement. Does somebody know a good mechanic or a shed in Hyderabad? I do not want to go to a A.S.C. Please help

Thread Starter #258

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
maybe someone from hyderabad will reply you but just wanted to know why not go to the asc?

clutch replacement cost difference won't be much from outside and the asc. I replaced my i10's clutch and the difference was just 500rs.

for sanrro's clutch cost from outside mechanic see this www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/o...ndai-trio-santro-i10-verna-16.html#post360378

there was some other problem and mechanic told me even the clutch needs to be changed so got it replaced from him only.

Last edited:
maybe someone from hyderabad will reply you but just wanted to know why not go to the asc?

clutch replacement cost difference won't be much from outside and the asc. I replaced my i10's clutch and the difference was just 500rs.

for sanrro's clutch cost from outside mechanic see this www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/o...ndai-trio-santro-i10-verna-16.html#post360378

there was some other problem and mechanic told me even the clutch needs to be changed so got it replaced from him only.
Thanks. I didnt need a clutch plate replacement. There was some problem with the clutch wire and sorted out by my mechanic[:)]. Need to get my tyres changed now as mentioned in the other thread and planning to go for Yoko Earth - 1. Any other suggestions?

Thread Starter #261

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks. I didnt need a clutch plate replacement. There was some problem with the clutch wire and sorted out by my mechanic[:)]. Need to get my tyres changed now as mentioned in the other thread and planning to go for Yoko Earth - 1. Any other suggestions?
That's good [thumbsup] so you haven't change clutch even Once ?

I replied in the other thread. If you have more quries do ask and read the thread. Hopefully the answer is there.

Hi guys!
So, I was thinking of going to the hyundai workshop for some basic servicing and also wanted to change the muffler.
But I would like to ask you guys that is it possible to change the Manual transmission to Automatic transmission at the workshop? Does anyone have any idea if retrofitting santro with AT box is possible?
AFAIK, the Santro Xing had a Automatic variant in past so it should to possible to get the AT gearbox and all the required parts? What can be the approx costs?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #263

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Don't think any workshop will do that. You have to find an outisde mechanic but obviously it won't be an easy task. I know the car might have sentimental value but if you really need an automatic i'll say look for a new or maybe a used automatic.

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a auto for quite a while now..
What would you suggest? I had my eyes on the i10 auto but they discontinued it :( I don't want the Maruti celario stuff (feels too cheap) but at the same time, don't want to spend north of 7 lakhs for a good AT like Brio.

Thread Starter #265

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Brio automatic is 6.32 ex showroom. Will cost you less than or maybe 7 exact. Grand i10 is also the same price but doesn't have airbags and abs which brio has But extra features. Personally i'd chose abs over features.
You can also check ritz automatic which is 6 lakhs ex. but no features.

you can also get used automatic from honda dealers. lThey'll give you warranty as well.

Brio AT goes over 7 here in MH. And grand i10 is nearly 7 anyway.
I don't get why manufacturers have to provide AT box only on top variants? BTW, did anyone notice the new kwid that Renault unveiled? It is supposed to have a AT box. I'm in no hurry so will wait for car makers to pump out some new stuff [:)]

Thread Starter #268

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Getting the shockers replaced again in my santro. Car at 135k kms.

Last they were replaced at 77k kms
Cost 1900 rupees , 400rs for some mounting.

Thread Starter #269

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Santro serviced at 136700 kms. Silencer haf to be changed because it was broken.

Engine oil Mobil 1 10w30 - 720 rupees.
Air filter - 130 rupees
Oil filter - 70 rupees.
Silencer safex brand - 750 rupees.
Labor - 300 rupees.

I have a Santro Xing - 2007 model. Just completed 1.14 Lakh KM.

Until the last scheduled service, I had been getting it serviced in ASC but now decided to get the service done outside (local garage?).

Here I need some help:
1. Can someone please direct me to a good local garage in Dwarka (Delhi)? I have seen a a few car repair shops in Sector-7 but never had a chance to go there for any reason so no idea if there is a good one out there.

2. I need to get the Timing Belt changed. Didn't do it until now. But looks like I am running a risk here. But I am not sure if I should get it done outside or this should be done at ASC only. I don't know which brand is good for timing belt and if a local mechanic can install it properly without any post installation issues. ASC has quoted around 5.5K-6K for it.

3. Also, the clutch seems to be on the harder side and I feel the effect on my back in bumper to bumper traffic in morning and evening. The ASC guy in Gurgaon said it needs replaced and will cost around 6K. Not sure if this really needs to be replaced. In case it has to be replaced (local service guy may check this during service), then can I buy it outside ASC? I read somewhere that Hyundai sells spare parts via MOBIS. I searched on internet but hyundai genuine parts website did not open.

Any guidance for above points will be greatly appreciated. I am planning to get this completed by next weekend at the most as I will be travelling outside Delhi for 300 KM a side trip later in Oct.

Top Bottom