Hyundai To Launch 4 New Cars in Next Two Years

Thread Starter #1
I have got latest news about Hyundai Motors. Hyundai Motors is planning six new cars for India in this year. Where two of them viz. Hyundai Elantra and Hyundai Sonata will be the reentry models, Hyundai Veloster sports coupe and New Hyundai Tucson will be new launches. The other two will be the Fluidic avatars of the already launched New Hyundai i20, New Hyundai Santa Fe.

The first in the series would be new Hyundai i20 which is evidently close to its launch as the carmaker has closed the booking for the old version. The new Hyundai i20 is expected to give a back to back fight to Skoda Fabia and Honda Jazz hatchbacks. Next Hyundai car launch in 2012 could be the New Hyundai Sonata which is scheduled for a reentry. The Sonata luxury car is in its sixth generation and closely follows the Fluidic philosophy in toto. It is going to give a tough fight to Honda Accord and Volkswagen Jetta.

Third Hyundai car that is expected be launched in 2012 will be Hyundai Elantra which will be compelling Honda Civic and Skoda Laura to rehash their offerings. Fourth will be the Hyundai SUV Santa Fe which will also be a new avatar in Fluidic apparel. Come new Hyundai Santa Fe and there will be a hustle in the Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner pavilion. Fifth Hyundai car slated for 2012 will be new Hyundai Tucson, the crossover SUV. The new hatchback sports coupe Hyundai Veloster that made an appearance at the New Delhi Auto Expo will be the last addition to the fleet of Hyundai cars in India in this year.

Re: Hyundai Planning To Release Six New Cars in 2012

Is the booking on i20 closed ? is it really true ? How about the price/features any wild guess ?

The new Elantra and Sonata are gonna change the Hyundai image again in India and will make Hyundai more competitive.

hope the Tuscon comes in 15 L range . it can then give stiff competition to xuv and aria

hope the Tuscon comes in 15 L range . it can then give stiff competition to xuv and aria
Tuscan will be around 17-18L as it almost $5000-$5500 cheaper then Santa Fe in US and will be a competitor for Captiva i guess.

350Z

Core Team

I too spotted this Veloster while passing through the showroom. It was kept on the top floor then. Let me check whenever I visit that area again.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Hyundai Considering Releasing Six New Cars in 2012

Tentative pricing for Elantra Fluidic ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

veloster is rumoured to launch at the end of the year for 22 lakhs.

Tentative pricing for Elantra Fluidic ?
what about it ? couldn't understand.

well hyundai is planning aggresively. i'm awaiting the tucson[;)]

it looks really good. but confused about the pricing :\ will it compete with xuv ? if it does then similar price tag with the elantra ?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

The Tucson will be say priced like the yeti say between 15 to 20 lacs , elantra from 11 to 15 lacs and Santa fe in range of fortuner.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

endaveour starts at 18lkahs ,
Fortuner starts from 21 lakhs.

and just checked the price of santa fe , its 22,50,000 [surprised]

but yes the figures given by you seems legit.

endaveour starts at 18lkahs ,
Fortuner starts from 21 lakhs.

and just checked the price of santa fe , its 22,50,000 [surprised]

but yes the figures given by you seems legit.
Hyundai Santa Fe is more premium than Fortuner and is a better VFM. Check out the review of Overdrive.

Hyundai Santa Fe is more premium than Fortuner and is a better VFM. Check out the review of Overdrive.
But it has a poor engine capacity. A 2.2L engine for a car of that size is not going to please any auto enthusiast. It clearly shows in the sales numbers.

What works for Fortuner :

- Butch looks. The face and size shout out to the crowds - 'Get out of my way'
- Humongous 3L engine [:D]
- 4X4 for off roaders
- Loads of interior space
- Toyota = Peace of mind

The interiors aren't as plush as they should be for a 22 L car, but the facelifted version looks so much more premium than the previous one.

What doesn't work for Santa Fe

- Price : Hyundai at 26.5 L OTR Chennai for a 2WD [frustration]
- Sober looks
- If I am looking for a premium car, I'd go for a Superb or Teana at the same price; If I am an enthusiast / offroader, I get Yeti, Fortuner, X1 which are more fun to drive and have a better snob value

The Tucson will be say priced like the yeti say between 15 to 20 lacs , elantra from 11 to 15 lacs and Santa fe in range of fortuner.
Agree. Hyundai cars in India are all over priced. I expect Tucson to be priced just below Yeti and Elantra to fight it out with D1 segment cars - Altis, Cruze, Laura, Jetta and the like

Agree. Hyundai cars in India are all over priced. I expect Tucson to be priced just below Yeti and Elantra to fight it out with D1 segment cars - Altis, Cruze, Laura, Jetta and the like
the price of Tucson will be above Elantra and under Sonata. Just like Yeti is between Laura and Superb actually was. [:)]

Hyundai to launch four new models in two years

Finally Hyundai has planned to enter the sub four meter and the compact SUV market. I guess it Hyundai finally started feeling the heat of Dzire and Amaze[;)].
But i am happy atleast they have some good interiors and good quality as well (personal opinion).

Hyundai Motor India is planning to launch up to four new models in the next two years, including a compact SUV, to enhance its position in the market.

The company, which is slated to introduce a new compact car later this year, is also mulling taking on Maruti Suzuki's Dzire and Honda Cars India's Amaze with a new sub-four metre sedan.

"Compact SUV is a very lucrative segment India. I think we are a bit late but we are developing a compact SUV to be launched soon," Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) Managing Director and CEO Bo Shin Seo said here.

Company officials said the compact SUV is part of HMIL's strategy to launch up to four new models in the next two years.

When asked if the company planned to launch a sub-four metre sedan from the same platform as its upcoming compact car codenamed BA, Seo said, "That's a different car."

He declined to share further details but sources said the entry level sedan could hit the market between 2014 and 2015.

Dzire and Amaze qualify for the excise duty benefit, enjoyed by small cars in India. At present, any car with a petrol engine capacity under 1,200 cc or diesel engine under 1,500 cc, but length shorter than four metres, attracts an excise duty of 12 per cent.

Besides, HMIL is also studying the multi-purpose vehicles (MPV) segment, where Maruti has tasted success with Ertiga.

"The MPV segment is also fast growing, we are definitely looking at it but our priority will be the compact SUV," Seo said.

On the upcoming compact car, he said apart the model will be positioned between the company's i10 and premium hatchback i20.

"Apart from the domestic market, we will be exporting it. We expect it to be our largest selling model," Seo said.

At present the i10 is HMIL's top selling model and it clocked about 1.6 lakh units last year.

When asked about the sales expectations for 2013, he said: "The market continues to be tough in India and this year we are looking at about 2-3 per cent growth in domestic volumes."

In 2012, HMIL had sold around 3.8 lakh units in the domestic market and around 2.5 lakh units were exported.

The company is the second-largest carmaker in India after Maruti Suzuki.

Source:Hyundai to launch four new models in two years - The Times of India

Top Bottom