HYUNDAI- The Marketing GENIUS

Thread Starter #1
HYUNDAI- The Marketing GENIUS, read the below story to understand the title

Strong winds pushed a container on top of a relatively new Hyundai Elantra saloon in Busan, which is the second largest city in South Korea after Seoul,since no one was hurt, the story was quickly picked up by Hyundai, which posted one of the pictures shared by the community at Chosun, on its Facebook page.
The photo of the container leaning on the Elantra sedan was accompanied by this caption on the brand's page: "A car that won almost every Car of the Year (COTY) award around the world preventing a container from getting blown away by strong wind."
And the truck carying the container is DAEWOO trucks(which is owned by our own TATA and its called TATA-DAEWOO)
This is what i would call a marketing genius who is quick on his feet,Kudos to the team who came up with this caption.[clap]

Attachments

I swear by the build of that car.
a container of that length is 5 tons tare or 40 ton gross..either case should smash the car like wall paper.

Looks like Hyundai's are built better in Korea!
My cousins friend had a similar experience in his one week old Linea after a huge tree fell off the truck on to the car on the way to Mangalore,but car looked less than Rosy i hear ,but all escaped unhurt & new Linea was given in a month,but i feel this pic looks a bit weird as i dont see any deformations away from the contact point.

Looks like Hyundai's are built better in Korea!
My cousins friend had a similar experience in his one week old Linea after a huge tree fell off the truck on to the car on the way to Mangalore,but car looked less than Rosy i hear ,but all escaped unhurt & new Linea was given in a month,but i feel this pic looks a bit weird as i dont see any deformations away from the contact point.
Well these containers re very soft at sides ,the area contacting the car and from the pic it is very clear that the container in only partially loaded over car..95 percent of the weight is still on the trailer ,thanks to usual soft suspension of hyundai cars the pic looks AWWW..ouch!!

I dont find this marketing trick attractive in any sense. The container has been placed in a controlled way and unlike in case of accident when the fall wont be with such a soft impact. I am sure, in case of an accident, the same car would have a much bad shape.

Not a great marketing idea as a good consumer has the brain to think that a civillian car cannot have such a strong body to resist a loaded container.May be a unloaded container,I am not sure though.

It seems quite very weird even though after falling such an big container on it the car is still standing like an iron, i think there would be some promotion tricks on it.

I am just wondering about the rear glass... i was of the impression that the glass will either break or develop a crack, from the pic it looks like everything is place in the car. Only the container got damaged and not the car [surprise]

Ok guys, from my assessment 2 things are certain:
> this is a true incident, as it has happened in a proper thoroughfare(bridge)...Hyundai would never get permission to block a public road for a marketing stunt
> Secondly, the container is definately empty as otherwise it wouldn't have fallen off like that due to 'strong winds'.

And yes, the car is actually that damn good, as you can clearly see it has been depressed fully & the underbody is almost touching the road. That is damage enough for me. And remember w cannot see what has happened to the other side Whatever dent damage to the body will ahppen on the other side on which the container has fallen.

This is the decade of reality shows & this is as real as it gets....Get the Elantr to India soon Hyundai....let civic face the heat

It is an empty container .
That was the reason strong winds could topple it in the first place.
Also if the container was filled up i cannot see that such a big indent could have occured to that container.
It is because of These reasons the damage to the car was minimal as compared to a dully loaded container.
Had it been a fully loaded container the wheels of the truck would have lifted off since the pull would have been stronger of the container.

I strongly believe, above story has been neatly set up. WHY?
1. The container seems to have been lightly placed on the car. Had it been blown by strong wind, it must have landed on the car with an impact. Atleast glasses must have blown.
2. The container is empty because its not sealed. A loaded container is always sealed. Also if the container was loaded, chances of it blowing over are remote.

I would have believed it, if there were small damages to the car, atleast.

Top Bottom