Hyundai Sonata Fluidic Launched at Rs.18 Lakhs

Agree with you, the US spec is much cooler than the one launched here.
I know buddy. I just love their 2.0T Limited version. It has so many features and is cheaper than the other cars in that segment. I mean you get paddle shifters, 274 hp, gps, 18" alloys, dual exhaust, leather seats, panoramic sunroof etc etc.

And the top model is cheapest compared to its competitors and powerful as well. It's a VFM. And not to forget, the FE is the best as well.

Why people are comparing a Sonata with Mercedes and Audi's ?

Sonata isn't even near

Hyundai is getting better no doubt but there is a huge difference between European cars and Hyundai itself.

At this stage , comparing a Sonata and any class of merc bmw will be a disrespect for the giants (BMW/Audi/Merc)

that 2.0 turbo would look so good on indian roads i hope they do get it out here, i just wonder why they strip down features on cars they sell out here.
That sunroof really looks hot.

Anyways the much awaited question.
Kitna deti hai?(whats the fuel economy)

Why people are comparing a Sonata with Mercedes and Audi's ?

Sonata isn't even near

Hyundai is getting better no doubt but there is a huge difference between European cars and Hyundai itself.

At this stage , comparing a Sonata and any class of merc bmw will be a disrespect for the giants (BMW/Audi/Merc)
+100 to that bro. I mean one cannot compare sonata to a Merc or Audi. They are totally a different league.

that 2.0 turbo would look so good on indian roads i hope they do get it out here, i just wonder why they strip down features on cars they sell out here.
That sunroof really looks hot.

Anyways the much awaited question.
Kitna deti hai?(whats the fuel economy)
I have no idea about India but In US Accord gives around 30mpg and sonata gives you around 35mpg.

Singh890 bro yeah thats how it is isn't it

you know what are the hyundai's worth in US and in here compared to India. Indians find it premium car brand but here people will leave it as a last choice. no offense to anyone , people joke around saying " you want to buy a bmw , be capable of buying a hyundai first" I heard this one from a guy saying to other

Singh890 bro yeah thats how it is isn't it

you know what are the hyundai's worth in US and in here compared to India. Indians find it premium car brand but here people will leave it as a last choice. no offense to anyone , people joke around saying " you want to buy a bmw , be capable of buying a hyundai first" I heard this one from a guy saying to other
That's true bro. I mean here cars like camry, accord, sonata, jetta, civic are not considered as premium cars. people buy these cars for their local usage basically. I see all these cars here like 800 back in India.

That's true bro. I mean here cars like camry, accord, sonata, jetta, civic are not considered as premium cars. people buy these cars for their local usage basically. I see all these cars here like 800 back in India.
yup pretty much thats how they are in Australia too

even BMW 3 series and Merc C class , Audi A3/4 are daily driven cars here. If someone owns one of those they are not really called rich. Because they have similar sort of prices compared to full size sedans.

There is a different class though , sports. Specially Supra, Silvia, 350z, etc etc. they are pure love [:D]

I've come to terms that what hyundai claims on paper is definitely not what we get or even close to in real life, but in usa they actually do get or overshoot the claims.
Lets see my friend is receiving his by next week.

yup pretty much thats how they are in Australia too

even BMW 3 series and Merc C class , Audi A3/4 are daily driven cars here. If someone owns one of those they are not really called rich. Because they have similar sort of prices compared to full size sedans.

There is a different class though , sports. Specially Supra, Silvia, 350z, etc etc. they are pure love [:D]
Yes that's true bro. You have to have atleast a 5 series to be called as a "rich" guy. You know what i mean.

But with the sonata and all these car's one can enjoy a lot of features and bit of luxury at a cheaper cost. And out of the Passat, Accord, Camry and Sonata, my all time favorite is the 2.0T Sonata.

I've come to terms that what hyundai claims on paper is definitely not what we get or even close to in real life, but in usa they actually do get or overshoot the claims.
Lets see my friend is receiving his by next week.
Buddy i guess the difference might be because of the traffic conditions, kind of oil used, quality of fuel.

Here if you are on the highway, you can do constantly 100-120-140. I mean the at places the speed limit itself is 70-75 mph (almost 120kmh). And at times you don't even have to use brakes. I have done quite a few long trips where i didn't even had to use brakes for almost 100-150 miles (160-240 kms). Just keep changing the lanes, if needed.

Whereas in India that's not the scene[:)].

And do let us know when your friend gets the sonata.

well my daily routes are on highways no traffic and very less stops. But it wasn't as what they claimed but when i switched to synth it shot up and i must say this vernas engine is sensitive to fuels.
lets see of the sonata and what my friend says he's come out from the hyundai accent and skoda laura.

just got in touch with my friend he got his sonata today on temp registration, and took it for a long drive.
Fe based on mid is 6km/l top speed touched on express way 248km/h no bounces claims the suspensions are stiff and hyundai has instructed him use only fuels from good reputed bunks do not fill after cutoff and ensure fuel cap is tightened or else the check engine light will glow. he loves his car plans on changing intake and exhausts for a loud noise.

just got in touch with my friend he got his sonata today on temp registration, and took it for a long drive.
Fe based on mid is 6km/l top speed touched on express way 248km/h no bounces claims the suspensions are stiff and hyundai has instructed him use only fuels from good reputed bunks do not fill after cutoff and ensure fuel cap is tightened or else the check engine light will glow. he loves his car plans on changing intake and exhausts for a loud noise.
Well congrats to your friend and 248 is way to much for our Indian roads buddy. Kinda very dangerous as well. But if it is done just to check the limits of the car, it's fine. I hope you told him to prevent such practices. rest it's a very good ca, no doubt and is stable at high speeds as well.

why don't you post some pics if possible?

His engine will stuff up in weeks time . Keep doing it for a week and see what I am talking about.

Hyundai's sports car called Genesis Coupe , with 3.7 Litre V6 was claimed to be their very first sports car with rear wheel driven engine , car did 0-100kmph in 6 seconds.
Few people in US modified it and tried to do some fun stuff and sooner their cars became wreck. Those engines are not tuner friendly. I have seen many incidents where hyundai's die in middle of nowhere.

Tell your friend its not wise to drive that car on Indian roads at 248kmph

My car does 320+ but I wouldn't really take my car over 200 its just stupid.

Top Bottom