Hyundai Sonata Fluidic Launched at Rs.18 Lakhs

Re: New Hyundai Sonata / i45 Caught Testing (Spyshots Pg.2)

have a look at my ownership thread mate.
btw any word out on the pricing in india? if I'm right gdi engines sound like diesels while idling right?

btw any word out on the pricing in india? if I'm right gdi engines sound like diesels while idling right?
Went through your ownership thread & Congrats for the new Verna buddy. I like the color as well[:)].
Actually the only reason we dropped the plan was because when ever i come from US or anyone else comes to India, we almost have 2 big suitcases, 1 bag and this time it's gonna be 3 suitcases and 1 bag, which i guess won't fit in any sedan[:D]. So that's the reason we are going for the Strome.

I guess the pricing for the new Sonata would be some where around 18-20 lacs.

Last edited:

IMO this time Sonata will take off and provide one more feather in Hyundai's cap. I hope they are able to price it sensibly price range from 15-17L will definitely gives an competitive edge to Sonata.

Expect the price between 14.5-17L.

350Z

Core Team

Got some information from facebook that New Sonata is launching on 7th March 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Surprise! Hyundai Motors India has launched New Sonata Fluidic at price range starting from Rs.18.53 Lakhs for Manual and Rs.20.61 Lakhs for Automatic (Ex. Showroom - Delhi). Attached below are the shots of brochure describing about the feature and tech. specifications:

sonata.jpg

Hyundai Sonata 2.jpg

fluidic 3.jpg

interiors 4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: New Hyundai Sonata Fluidic Launched at Rs.18 Lakhs

Kudos to Hyundai for the new sonata and i guess the price of 18.53L is a good price for the new sonata. Now lets see the response from the market. I hope it gets good sales figure on the chart.

well now all that we need is some good quality gas to run this gdi engine well.
whats the fuel economy like on this beast. I'm guessing it will be pretty good as most gdi engines are capable of running super lean on highway cruises.
155mm ground clearance!!

Last edited:

well now all that we need is some good quality gas to run this gdi engine well.
whats the fuel economy like on this beast. I'm guessing it will be pretty good as most gdi engines are capable of running super lean on highway cruises.
155mm ground clearance!!
Buddy back here in US Sonata gets a better FE than the Accord. One of my friend owns a 2012 Accord LX AT and gets about 28-29 MPG and my Manger owns a 2012 Sonata GLS AT and he gets around 34-35 MPG. And this is what i have heared from many people as well.

Even my 2007 Sonata used to give me around 29 MPG (on highways) and it was a V6.

its a gdi engine hence it will give more fe. and probably light body and bumpers. i hope they don't skip on quality on a few places like on the accent rb '12(fluidic verna)

its a gdi engine hence it will give more fe. and probably light body and bumpers. i hope they don't skip on quality on a few places like on the accent rb '12(fluidic verna)
Yes buddy i am talking about the GDI engine itself. It gives a better FE than a Accord and a Camry. Since this version was launced in 2010 itself in US.

Looks good...but not exactly fludic! Amazing power, one of the best in that segment! No diesel.. Hyundai have explained that people who use such segment cars don't commute much.. hence it's tuned for city use..

Looks good...but not exactly fludic! Amazing power, one of the best in that segment! No diesel.. Hyundai have explained that people who use such segment cars don't commute much.. hence it's tuned for city use..
Yes, but who will not like to take such beauty on highway ?
Sonata would have been hot seller if came with diesel, especially when hyundai has one in santa fe.

On other hand, elantra is going to come only in diesel & no petrol. Seems Hyundai forgot the buyers who do lot of travel & require diesel. Don't know why hyundai waits for honda to do something & then react. I think hyundai will launch diesel later in 2013 once we get accord diesel.

one of my friends happened to get a test drive, he stated that the engine sounds rough over 3000 rpms and the auto gear box isn't all that great, and the suspensions are soft.
but the good things are ventilated seats, the brakes are very good, the steering is a hydraulic power steering and the seats feel like a sofa.
however he said the engine seems powerful on paper but feels little less powered then claimed on paper. Engine is comparatively noisy due to it being a gdi.

overall he said he would love to be driven around in that car and drive that car sane as a luxury car and not a sports car.

now when will tai have an official review.

Top Bottom