Hyundai Santro Xing Creaking at Low Speeds

Thread Starter #1
I'm hearing a very weird (creaking?) noise in my '04 Santro. The sound can be heard when I'm turning the steering at a very slow speed. Keep in mind that mine's a manual steering. I was initially fine with most rattles that have cropped up in my car but this time it's just too noisy. Initially I thought I had a suspension issue, but now I'm not too sure, because I hear the sound when I'm driving the car with all windows rolled up, and a person standing outside the car can't hear it. This makes me feel like something in the interior is producing the creaking sounds. The noise isn't there when I'm cruising at speeds above 20 or turning the steering at those speeds. I'm attaching a video for reference.

Please advise me on what to do. I'm wary of going to my (not so) FNG, who I'm sure will point out a problem in the suspension even if it isn't. Of course, if it's a suspension issue then I'll get that specific part replaced, but just wanted to be doubly sure.

Thanks in advance!

Please get the steering box checked and overhauled as it might be caused by basic wear and tear as you mentioned its a 04 manufactured, ans as you are able to hear it on the inside and not on outside surely that is an issue with the steering box or rake need to be adjusted. i got that done @Rs 1k only for my alto but no idea how much that cost for santro.

Thread Starter #5
Please get the steering box checked and overhauled as it might be caused by basic wear and tear as you mentioned its a 04 manufactured, ans as you are able to hear it on the inside and not on outside surely that is an issue with the steering box or rake need to be adjusted. i got that done @Rs 1k only for my alto but no idea how much that cost for santro.
As Mr. D_drive pointed check the steering assembly , I suspect with its bushes , rather than entire rack assy or column assy .
Thank you so much, d_drive and VISHNUCARCRAZY! I'll get the steering assembly, bushes and other components checked. Will update this thread once the culprit is identified and corrected. :)

Top Bottom