Hyundai Santro Xing Brakes Failure

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys i was shocked when my brother told that his colleagues Xing had a brake failure.

It was serviced 2 months back and has covered 40,000 kms, probably 3-4 year old car.
But my question is how can a brake failure happen, he had to say that brake fluid was full.

And in panick he didn't apply handbrakes, thinking car would spin as there was lorry behind.

Basically his friend panicked and thought to stop the car by hitting a pavement.

But there was a fruit cart coming in wrong direction, just before he was about to hit.

After hitting pavement he hit the fruit cart, where the holder of that cart was hit to the stomach of this fruit cart.
Soon he came out, took an auto and admitted the fruit cart person to hospital called Vims Hospital, Marathalli.

Just for an hour they charged him 40,000Rs.

He was shocked and made payment.

When he asked the fruit vendor he told my bro's colleague to admit him @ S.T.Philomena Hospital.

Total damage to my bro's friend is 80,000 Rs.

By standers had damaged the window of car with stone for no reason.

Just previous day my bro was dropped in his colleagues car, the day before the incident.

How could a brake fail after travelling a few kms?

If he would have knew it, he would never have driven it.

He wants to complaint Hyundai.

Guys can you please post the email id of any of Hyundai representatives.

Last edited:
Re: Santro Xing Brake Failure..

was it raining? or did your friend had water serviced his car?

these can be the reason but if we apply brake continuously this above issue will solve

brake total failure !! the brake pads worn out?

Thread Starter #3
Re: Santro Xing Brake Failure..

was it raining? or did your friend had water serviced his car?

these can be the reason but if we apply brake continuously this above issue will solve

brake total failure !! the brake pads worn out?
Its Summer now, weather was clear.

I feel there could have been problem with master Slave cylinder, that had to create a vaccum.

Re: Hyundai Santro Xing Brakes Faliure

I guess the hose from the intake manifold to the brake booster would have cut or loose..
So there would be a vacuum leak hence no brakes..

Top Bottom