Hyundai Santa-Fe Launched (Now with 6-Speed A/T 4x4)

But the hyundai had introduced Terracan way back in 2004, That didn't click well in India.
What i feel with Santa-Fe is just the cosmetic changes of Terracan.

No guys i just read a review of this car on paper.

It comes with a 2.2L 150BHP engine , 2-DIN player with USB and Aux-in( i think its touch screen too) , 6 airbags , ABS , EBD and other safety features , electrically movable seats with Lumbar support, Automatic climate control , Automatic rain sensor wipers , separate AC vents for all rows , optional 4WD not alltime 4WD like Fortuner etc etc this is what i remember now.

@ Mukesh This is not a facelifted model of Terracan , its looks much fresher than Terracan!

From the review i read , the only negative they mentioned in this car the interiors does not match the price tag with cheap quality plastics! It was mentioned the car has great space , good engine performance which is silent and refined just like all diesel Hyundai's.

But again i think the ex-showroom price is 23Lakhs which is high , anything around 20 would have been perfect!

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Aww, yet another pricey boy from the Second largest car manufacturer. I think anything Northwards 20 lakhs for this Boy is not going to make any happy deal for buyers in this segment. Although the fact remains that Hyundai does manufacture Sound Quality vehicles but due to their high pricing structure, SUV segment has not done anything in their favor. [frustration]
At present, the only drawback we observe is price tag which can possibly turn away some buyers, especially those who are well aware that there's a substantial scope of price drop after localization (which Hyundai intends to do in nearing future), but the question is what about the rest un-informed audience? Hope Hyundai re-thinks over it and does not ends up doing what they did with their past SUVs in India.

What i feel with Santa-Fe is just the cosmetic changes of Terracan.
Sorry, but thoroughly disagree with the statement. Hyundai Santa-Fe is a huge leap of improvement over Terracan.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z thats the only reason we are afraid to consider this car for our purchase. Else i actually like this car overall and don mind waiting for this.

But again i would never call it pricey compared to the Fortuner. See the list of features which i have posted above and add Electrically movable as well as retractable ORVM'S to the list. The Fortuner does not offer many of these features but still comes to a whopping 23Lakhs OTR in Chennai. If Santa is priced similar to that range i would be very happy but now actually its going to cost around 26-27Lakh OTR. The Captiva offers all these features at a lesser price tag.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Yesterday, Hyundai Motors silently launched the Santa-Fe in India. It is available in both, 4x2 as well as 4x4 versions which are priced Rs.20.95 Lakhs and Rs.22.95 Lakhs respectively. (Ex.Showroom Delhi)

This mighty SUV is equipped with a 2.2 Liter CRDi engine under the hood, which is capable to produce 197 BHP and is mated with a 6 Speed Manual Transmission. Six Airbags, ESP, Cruise Control are features to name a few. More details will be added shortly.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Voila! 20.95 lacs for the Base variant [shock] Looks really over priced this time again, and that is why Hyundai is silent with their launch[lol]
They did launch it in the right time, but not at the right price.Hyundai makes such mistakes knowingly and the results will end up with faint sales.

197BHP !! So much of power, and such a quite launch. What made Hyundai do such a thing? Even the Hyundai dealers are unaware of the launch here.

i would love to TD this vehicle. almost 200 bhp!!! 0-100 kmph in less than 10 secs?
raj, please do TD and share your experience.

Its quite pricey though, main reason is being its CBU, but still very costly.

Good to see so many premium vehicles are getting launched, they must be sure that they will find the buyers in India.

Yes i checked out the car in person at a dealership here! Called a SE who is my friend to check out whether the car has arrived and he said the car just arrived to the showroom and its amazing! So immediately went to the showroom to check out the car with my friend! Specs are really impressive but pricing is slightly higher since its CBU!

My initial impression about the car.

The car comes loaded with all features present in Aria and also along with that 18inch alloy wheels ,dual-zone climate control and projectors with Xenon lamps. I also read 2-din player with USB , i-pod connectivity amp with woofer(not sure though since i din find woofer in the 4x4 demo car).

The car looks really intimidating when viewed head-on but still has some koreanish looks to it. Interior fit and finish is top-quality. Quality of plastics used are top-class again! The moment you sit inside the car you get the up-market feeling! The fuel cap opener is wisely placed in the right door which can be easily accessed. Third row is a bit disappointing and boot space is as small as a Hatch with the third row not folded. However with the third row folded the boot space is good enough! Overall i liked the car and can be a great alternative to Fortuner if you don mind paying a Lakh higher for getting all those features and the mighty powerful engine and also if you are not brand conscious!

I was told 0-100 can be bought up in 9.xx seconds are FE will be around 14.77kmpl , expect atleast 13kmpl in real conditions which not very bad after all considering the size of the car and the power! Hyundai are known to give real frugal and reliable diesel engines and this must be no exception!

I will get a TD if i want but dad is not at all interested in Santa-FE thanks to its high pricing , so i dont want to waste their time!

Well here are few pictures which i clicked in my mobile:

Attachments

Top Bottom