Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 AT Ownership Experience

Great car, great color and great fe [:)] I love Santa-fe's for their enromous road presence. Even while driving it you never feel any sluggishness.

Many congratulations Aviral! Wish you millions and millions of mile crunching on the beast[:)]

Thread Starter #18
Great car, great color and great fe [:)] I love Santa-fe's for their enromous road presence. Even while driving it you never feel any sluggishness.

Many congratulations Aviral! Wish you millions and millions of mile crunching on the beast[:)]
Thanks a lot traveller. :)

Aviral, many congratulations on your newest acquisition. Please use that 194bhp under your right foot judiciously![drive]
I think this suv is a bit underrated as compared to the Fortuners & Endeavours just becasue its a Hyundai. This company has been making progress by leaps & bounds and their new design language just rocks! Since you mainly drive on highways, I would urge you to post your 0-100 timing for this vehicle. Btw hope you have seen Priyanka Chopra in Don2 buldozing the Santa Fe through the streets....

Cheers
Jazzy

Thread Starter #20
hehe. I surely will . :)
I definitely post the timmings and the top speed.

yes i did saw priyanka in the movie chasing the sonata. [evil]

Congos Aviral buddy,no doubt the Santa Fe is the best looking SUV as well as the power figures are really amazing.
Well,even I too TDed a Santa Fe some days back on NH8 and was quite impressed by the car,people say 0-100 timings,but for Santa-Fe I can say it touches 150 kph before 20 seconds as per my 170 kph experience.
Will talk about the pros and cons of the car in the concerned thread.

Once again,congrats for your new acquisition and wishing you many many happy miles in the new car.And not to say,your ride is really looking great.

Dude Fortuner itself is not a great off-roading vehicle , so don't compare Santa-Fe with Fortuner in this aspect![:)] Pajero is the best off-roader in this segment.

I think 0-100kmph comes up in 9.xx seconds , that is seriously quick for a vehicle of this size! Also i think you can expect 12-13kmpl in highways if driven sanely.

Thread Starter #24
Dude Fortuner itself is not a great off-roading vehicle , so don't compare Santa-Fe with Fortuner in this aspect![:)] Pajero is the best off-roader in this segment.

I think 0-100kmph comes up in 9.xx seconds , that is seriously quick for a vehicle of this size! Also i think you can expect 12-13kmpl in highways if driven sanely.
Yes even i thought fortuner was not at all a god offroader but i hve heard couple of guys bragging about.

Yes the acceleration figures would be close to 9 or 10 seconds.

I took it on a bad village patch today , the suspension is very nice everytime a pothole appeared, just a thud and nothing was felt. Pretty comfortable i must say.
Above a 100km/r there is a significant amount of body roll ( maybe i am feeling beacause i am accustomed driving a cruze) .
Plus i have seen couple of pajeros and fortuners witha small mirror mounted on the front left fender. What do we call it? It would be very usefull in an SUV of this size, because you cant see whats happening on the far side especially when you are piloting her through that city chaos!

Search in Youtube for videos saying "Fortuner Vs Pajero off-roading" and show it those bragging guys. Fortuner was and is never a true off-roader. People buy it only for its Butch looks and Toyota reliability.

I get it , that small mirror mounted in the left corner of the bonnet not fender. I found it very useful while taking a TD of the Fortuner. It will spoil the looks of the Santa-Fe though! Just be careful when piloting inside city , let others go who are in a hurry to save a few scratches!

Please do a photo-shoot with your beauty and post more pictures buddy!

Well,guys Santa Fe is not as handful to drive as the Fortuner is,instead its more car like to drive but being true its still not in the league of a CR-V or say a 'Yeti' when it comes to dynamics.
More to come in my TD review..

Not handful to drive the like Fortuner? With more power the Santa-Fe must be enjoyable to drive. Santa-Fe is not like the other Hyundai's , it's well sorted at high speeds. I haven't driven Santa-Fe but i have driven Fortuner. To be honest , nothing impressed me in the Fortuner except the high seating position and butch looks.

Well you really can't compare the dynamics of an European Vs a Jap/Korean Vipul , you know which is better!

Thread Starter #28
As i said earlier the big toyota is just a truck!
Whereas in the santa fe you get car like dynamics with a 'Truck like' driving position without that Big gear shift lever !!
And i wouldn't compare it with a CR-V (its just a girlie wannabe suv).
The nicest part of the engine is the E-VGT, it spools up pretty quick therefore decreasing the turbo lag and giving out a linear power delivery.

Surprisingly this is the first hyundai which handles pretty well. I had a tucson which was hopeless at high speeds! Same is the story with our first generation verna.

Not handful to drive the like Fortuner? With more power the Santa-Fe must be enjoyable to drive. Santa-Fe is not like the other Hyundai's , it's well sorted at high speeds. I haven't driven Santa-Fe but i have driven Fortuner. To be honest , nothing impressed me in the Fortuner except the high seating position and butch looks.

Well you really can't compare the dynamics of an European Vs a Jap/Korean Vipul , you know which is better!
Buddy here I mean that Santa Fe is really better than a Fortuner to drive,especially the time you descent the steep inclines.Or say coming down from flyovers.
On NH8 I have seen this,driving Fortuner at 140 kph while descending an incline means that if someone by mistake suddenly comes in front then either he is dead or we will be,but Santa Fe is better here.Fortuner seems to go quite out of control at high speeds,I really don't recommend to cross 130 kph in a Fortuner but in Santa Fe you can go 150 kph.Still,I'd never recommend over 140-150 kph in a Santa Fe.While for a Yeti or CR-V,I can say that these cars(note:I said 'Cars',not SUV's) are okay for 150+ speeds.
Santa is a sophisticated machine and is really the best Hyundai I have driven till date...
Since its an ownership thread,so let it be a happy one,I'll mention the cons found in the car in my TD thread.

Rest:Aviral buddy,where are more updates?This car has more buttons than my keyboard itself.Haven't you found out anything new out of them?

Thread Starter #30
Waiting for your TD report vipul.:)

Talking of buttons! I am yet to figure out everything .
Its pretty busy schedule for me these days , she is serving just as my hospital transport.

Hopefully tommorow i'll spare out time to write out a report on her features !

Top Bottom