Hyundai Plans For Refreshed Santro? (New Variants Pg. 4)

IMO, it will have a revised suspension and an engine tuned to be ready to meet the future emission norms.

The phase out of Getz is a very sad news because its a very nice car. To make their line-up modern and advanced, Hyundai could have phased out the Santro and placed the i10 in that category, and let the Getz remain as it is. If given a choice between i10 with kappa engine and Getz with an old 1.1 lt engine, any sensible person would buy the i10, and thats precisely the reason the Getz sales have taken a bigger hit.

350Z

Core Team
Well, it looks like the new Hyundai Santro is coming on September 1st and the Getz phasing out will be completed by 2011.

Below is the link:

Source: car trade india

http://www.cartradeindia.com/car-bike-news/new-hyundai-santro-on-september-01-111360.html

Cheers,
Naveen
Thanks for that link.
Hyundai is launching the "New" Santro much earlier than I expected.

As Zinam said, This is most likely to be Kia Picanto only but as I posted earlier, Hope they rename it, May be Hyundai Picanto.. Eh?

350Z

zinam and mates, sorry to disappoint you but kia's picanto isnt coming to india, our same old santro would be given some facelifts like beige interiors, little bit of more space inside and better suspensions along with same kind of front seats like i10.

ohh !!

I didn't expect this news. I was eagerly looking for Next Gen Santro :)

Lets see, But most sources say that Kia Picanto is Hyundai Santro 2010!!

350Z

Core Team
Refreshed Santro Launched

The Refreshed Santro is here....
But don't get so excited saying WOW!This is picanto!!

Nope, This is just a small refreshed version of santro and theres not even a change in the Engine!

Well, This so called Refreshed Santro comes with Body colored Front grille, Wheel covers and a spoiler hepling to spoil the looks of this car.

From the inside of it, You can notice dual tone beige interiors.

The new Santro will be available in 8 colours – Crystal White, Black Diamond, Sleek Silver, Electric Red, Dark Grey, Silky Beige, Berry Red and Sparkle Blue. It is available in 5 variants, with prices ranging from Rs. 263,999/- to Rs. 369,499/- (ex-showroom, Delhi).

“Through the launch of the new Santro, we intend to thank all our customers who have chosen to drive this product and make Hyundai into what it is today. The new version of Santro is further aimed at delighting our customers with luxurious interiors, advance styling and enhanced comfort.” Hyundai India MD H S Lheem said.
::Source::

Attachments

This is quite un expected move!!

Why do they try to carry the same look for almost 7 years after launching sunshine model!

They should really try to refine Santro by some means :-)

this is exactly what was expected in new santro, as source revealed this, only few cosmetic changes in this new car.And the reason it still sells is because this being only entry level car from hyundai and still doing good as many are buyers who prefer santro over i10, good stable ASS, cheaper then i10 and good built gets many buyers for this car.

350Z

Core Team
There is no doubt that in India, Car models live their full age [...and sometimes even after expiring, They reborn! lol] and the Santro supports my statement best.

On one side, We see Hyundai launching such awesome models like i40 and on another we have 10+ Years old dated Santro.

The Sunshine car is no more shining.

Hyundai, You there listening?

350Z

i still believe that new santro would still sell cause main reason being their only entry level car to offer, there are buyers who would still buy it, as i10 does seems expensive as compared to say alto, astar and spark to compete.So santro would sell for sure, better ASS, better built and quality with good pricing, hyundai has learned this from maruti itself by keeping addons on age old products and giving facelifts.

I think Hyundai is working on a new-gen Santro and this face-lift is just to sell as much as it can before April 2010. I'm expecting a new car with BS IV engine.

Thread Starter #26
There is no doubt that in India, Car models live their full age [...and sometimes even after expiring, They reborn! lol] and the Santro supports my statement best.

On one side, We see Hyundai launching such awesome models like i40 and on another we have 10+ Years old dated Santro.

The Sunshine car is no more shining.

Hyundai, You there listening?

350Z
So, 350Z, How old is old? If we take the examples of a Spark (which is relatively new) and a Santro, what accordingly would be major advancement in Spark as compared to a Santro?

Cheers,
Vroom

I got a news from one of the dealers that Hyundai is trying to slow down their i10 kappa production to promote I20 petrol models... But when i come out of the showroom there were five i10's parked for delivery...Anyone heard about such news ?

There is a mistake that all of us are making. Why are we hoping that an all new Santro will come to India, or may be, the Kia Picanto will come to India. We already have the next-gen Santro in India in the form of i10. I think that the engine has already been tweaked with Hyundai not making any sound about it. Or even if they tweak it, there will be no other changes in the car. Come to think of it, some features like full wheel caps in the Santro have been 're-continued' in this facelift. Hyundai had to give some features to make this car sell. But its nothing great and one can do it himself/herself by just taking it to an accessories dealer.

I got a news from one of the dealers that Hyundai is trying to slow down their i10 kappa production to promote I20 petrol models... But when i come out of the showroom there were five i10's parked for delivery...Anyone heard about such news ?
NO this is not true!

We actually booked 3 i10 in last couple of months & there are no signs for that!

Its just a rumour

Guys... I am happy that Picanto is not here. IMO the current Santro is better than the KIA Picanto. (I know, I am inviting argument [:)])

Last edited:

Top Bottom