Hyundai Plans For Refreshed Santro? (New Variants Pg. 4)

Thread Starter #33
Well, one thing, I certainly did not like the head light design in the Picanto.

Cheers,
Vroom

2010 Hyundai Santro

Hyundai’s ideal ‘first car’ for masses is about get completely refreshed to cope not only with the intensifying competition but to also gel with the stylish ‘i’-range of Hyundai cars. Yes, we are talking about the Santro – an entry level city car that has been giving the market leaders, Maruti Suzuki a run for their money!

Hyundai was all set to launch the new car during the festive season in India; however with labor unions going of a strike and related problems cropping up, the Korean carmaker had to hold the car back. However, Hyundai is now all set to launch the refreshed Santro and there are some interesting bits on offer. It goes without saying that the car will find a spot below the i10 on the portfolio and will replace the current model completely.

The exteriors will boast of new headlights which will follow a swept-back design flow to gel with the likes of the i10 and i20. The taillights on the other hand, will follow a similar ‘stacked-up’ format much similar to the current Santro Xing. While the entry level car will continue to use matte black bumpers, mirrors, radiator grille, door handles and scratch guards, the higher end variants will get body coloured units along with other equipment like fog lamps, roof spoiler and mud-flaps. The interiors on the other hand will remain similar to recently refreshed trim in the outgoing model.

Inside in the engine bay will be the 1.1-litre Epsilon petrol engine which will also spawn CNG and LPG variants. We are however speculating that the new Santro might also introduce the 1.1-litre CRDi diesel powerplant before it finds its way into the i10 as well. The inclusion of a frugal diesel engine in the entry level city car segment will mean a major blow to Maruti Suzuki – precisely what Hyundai to want to do at this stage.

The outgoing Hyundai Santro

Hyundai will stick to the ‘ideal first car’ image of the Santro and will price in competitively to increase its market share. But at the same time it will leave enough room for the upcoming 800cc city car to positioned competitively. We are expecting the new Santro to be launched by the end of this month, unless the Chennai-based headquarters decide to post pone it for an illustrious launch at the 2010 Auto Expo. Stay tuned!

Source - Motoroids
----------Next Post------------
MODS - Please merge this with "Hyundai to phase out Getz & launch New Santro" thread.
Sorry for not searching before posting.

Last edited:
Hmmm..

Looks aren't that impressive!

But where is Picanto ? I thought picanto should do its duty as Santro here!

the best part of the current santro is the seat height which made it easy to get in & out. it seems to be compromised in the new santro.

But where is Picanto ? I thought picanto should do its duty as Santro here!

This is the new Kia Picanto!!(well not so new, launched in 2008) The only change is KIA badge.

Notice the first picture, red car. Someone did a bad photoshop job!
"Picanto" is clearly visible!

Last edited:
well this could be the upcoming new car with 800cc engine to meet maruti 800 and alto market from hyundai and wont be nammed santro here.

Top Bottom