Hyundai Kona N-Performance Spied First Time

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
hyundai-kona-n-first-spy-photo.jpg
hyundai-kona-n-first-spy-photo (1).jpg
hyundai-kona-n-first-spy-photo (3).jpg

According to preliminary details, the Kona N will have a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine shared with the i30N. In the hot hatch, the motor generates 275 horsepower (205 kilowatts) and 260 pound-feet (352 Newton-meters) and it is expected to gain a bit more power when the facelifted i30 debuts. Whether the Kona N will rely on the pre-facelift engine or will benefit from its reworked version, it remains unclear at this point. As far as the transmissions are concerned, expect a choice between a six-speed manual and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Link

Regards
Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hot 247bhp Hyundai Kona N spied testing

Hyundai Kona N spied.jpg

The images show the upcoming VW T-Roc R rival undergoing high performance testing around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Though the prototype wears a heavy disguise, many of the upgraded features are clear: the alloy wheels are significantly larger than those used by standard Konas, while the ride height has dropped significantly, too.

Hyundai Kona N spied-3.jpg

The large bulge in the rear cladding suggests that a large roof spoiler will be added, while a pair of huge oval tailpipes can be seen poking out from the rear bumper.

Hyundai Kona N spied-6.jpg

Albert Biermann, the man in charge of Hyundai’s N sub-brand, told Auto Express in 2018 that his engineers had already started work on a test mule of the vehicle a couple of years ago, in the hope that it could get approval for production. At the time, he also gave a strong hint at its likely engine: the 2.0-litre turbo petrol from the current i30 N.

Hyundai Kona N spied-8.jpg

That means we can expect at least 247bhp from the Kona N, though the hottest ‘Performance’ variant makes 271bhp. Speaking in 2018 Biermann told us: “It has to be the i30 N powertrain, really. Of course, we can give Kona different specifications on suspension and steering, although there are some common components we can use in that area as well, because it’ll be front-wheel drive, like the i30 N. But we already know that it has to be that car’s engine and gearbox for the Kona N, yes.”

Hyundai Kona N spied-9.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Hyundai Kona price and specs: small SUV gets a price bump

e3hfs0n3epjohvk9guh3.jpg

Hyundai's small SUV, the Kona, has had a price rise, with all variants except the entry-level Go seeing a bump of around $260-$650 each.

"There was a 1 per cent increase across the range – excluding Kona Go," a Hyundai spokesperson confirmed to CarAdvice. There were no specification changes in line with the price hike.

bhvkuhn79d3jg3uuxr27.jpg

While the two-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive Go variants remain priced at $24,300 and $27,800 plus on-road costs respectively, other variants in the range rose in price by at least $260 and up to $650 each.

zxlpfawtef0ciuyntbwf.jpg

Petrol-powered two-wheel-drive Kona variants feature a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine that drives that front wheels only via a six-speed automatic transmission, while all-wheel-drive iterations are powered by a 1.6-litre four-cylinder engine paired to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.

Electric models, meanwhile, are front-wheel drive and powered by an electric motor producing 150kW of power and 395Nm of torque.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Kona N hot SUV teased with 247bhp

Hyundai Kona N teaser-3.jpg

The reveal of the new 2021 Hyundai Kona N is just around the corner, and Hyundai has revealed a new set of teaser images for its upcoming compact performance SUV ahead of its debut in spring.

Hyundai Kona N teaser-4.jpg
The new rival for everything from the Volkswagen T-Roc R, Audi SQ2 and BMW X2 M35i, to the new Ford Puma ST, will be on sale in the UK this summer. The Kona N project was first scooped by Auto Express back in May 2018, but this is our first proper glimpse at the sporty i20 N and i30 N makeover that has been applied to the newcomer.

Hyundai Kona N teaser-2.jpg

Like all of Hyundai’s N-branded performance models, this hot crossover gets a more aggressive front bumper, a redesigned grille with three air intakes sitting above, and a new pair of side skirts, all of which are integrated into the Kona’s latest look, introduced with a facelift in late 2020.

Hyundai Kona N spy-5.jpg

At the rear, there’s a larger diffuser which is home to a purposeful-looking twin-exit exhaust system. A large spoiler, fitted with the company’s trademark triangular high-level brake light, finds its way onto the hatch lid, while red pinstriping is applied around the car’s lower edges.

Hyundai Kona N spy-4.jpg

The entire car also sits lower to the ground than the standard model thanks to a sportier suspension set-up and, behind the new alloy wheels, there’s a larger set of discs and uprated calipers.

Hyundai Kona N spy-2.jpg

A limited-slip differential, launch control and a set of sticky Pirelli tyres will all feature. Meanwhile, inside, buyers should get a similar level of equipment to the i30 N, with a pair of figure-hugging sports seats, a new sports steering wheel and an aluminium pedal box.

Hyundai Kona N spy-3.jpg

Hyundai has confirmed that the Kona N will be powered by the same turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine as the i30 N. There’s also confirmation that the Kona will be exclusively available with the eight-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox recently introduced to the i30 N line-up; the hot hatchback’s six-speed manual transmission won’t be offered.

Performance figures have yet to be released but, as it shares the same engine as the i30 N, the Kona N should have at least 247bhp as standard. However, there’s scope for even more grunt, because Hyundai’s range-topping i30 N Performance pack increases the engine’s output to 271bhp and 378Nm of torque.

The Kona N will join an expanded line-up of performance models from Hyundai’s hot offshoot, with the new i20 N hot hatchback also arriving in Europe soon. Prices should start from a Ford Puma ST-rivalling £27,000.

Source

Top Bottom