Hyundai Kona N-Performance Spied First Time

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
hyundai-kona-n-first-spy-photo.jpg
hyundai-kona-n-first-spy-photo (1).jpg
hyundai-kona-n-first-spy-photo (3).jpg

According to preliminary details, the Kona N will have a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine shared with the i30N. In the hot hatch, the motor generates 275 horsepower (205 kilowatts) and 260 pound-feet (352 Newton-meters) and it is expected to gain a bit more power when the facelifted i30 debuts. Whether the Kona N will rely on the pre-facelift engine or will benefit from its reworked version, it remains unclear at this point. As far as the transmissions are concerned, expect a choice between a six-speed manual and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Link

Regards
Akash

Hot 247bhp Hyundai Kona N spied testing

Hyundai Kona N spied.jpg

The images show the upcoming VW T-Roc R rival undergoing high performance testing around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Though the prototype wears a heavy disguise, many of the upgraded features are clear: the alloy wheels are significantly larger than those used by standard Konas, while the ride height has dropped significantly, too.

Hyundai Kona N spied-3.jpg

The large bulge in the rear cladding suggests that a large roof spoiler will be added, while a pair of huge oval tailpipes can be seen poking out from the rear bumper.

Hyundai Kona N spied-6.jpg

Albert Biermann, the man in charge of Hyundai’s N sub-brand, told Auto Express in 2018 that his engineers had already started work on a test mule of the vehicle a couple of years ago, in the hope that it could get approval for production. At the time, he also gave a strong hint at its likely engine: the 2.0-litre turbo petrol from the current i30 N.

Hyundai Kona N spied-8.jpg

That means we can expect at least 247bhp from the Kona N, though the hottest ‘Performance’ variant makes 271bhp. Speaking in 2018 Biermann told us: “It has to be the i30 N powertrain, really. Of course, we can give Kona different specifications on suspension and steering, although there are some common components we can use in that area as well, because it’ll be front-wheel drive, like the i30 N. But we already know that it has to be that car’s engine and gearbox for the Kona N, yes.”

Hyundai Kona N spied-9.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom