Hyundai i40 revealed at Barcelona Auto Show

Thread Starter #1
Hyundai i40.jpg

Hyundai has released this rendered image of the upcoming i40 sedan variant which the Korean automaker will be debuting at the Barcelona Motor Show next Thursday. This car, Hyundai likes to boast, is very European. Designed at the automaker's European headquarters in Rüsselsheim, Germany, this sedan version of the i40 wagon is meant to take on the likes of the Ford Mondeo and VW Passat in Europe.

Details are spare, though, except that the car comes with a wheelbase of 2.77 m.
Engines that will likely make it under the hood of this Hyundai are the 1.7-liter diesel ( in two variants, 115 PS / 85 kW and 136 PS / 100 kW), the 1.6 GDI with around 140 PS (103 kW) and the 2.0 liter Theta II unit with 177 PS (130 kW).

Source: Hyundai

Thread Starter #4
i40.jpg

The Korean auto giant Hyundai Motors today unveiled the i40 sedan at the Barcelona Auto Expo. This new D - Segment car follows the 'fluidic sculpture' design which was recently seen on the Hyundai Verna which was launched in India a few days back.

The customers will have 2 engine options to choose from, a 2.0L Theta 2 Engine which generates power of 177Bhp and a 1.7L Diesel heart with 2 differently tuned power output, one with 115bhp and another with 136bhp variant.

Looking cool but where will this car be placed , below i45 right? So we can expect this car to compete with Civic , Jetta and likes?

And also why is that i see lots of lines in the roof , does this car have a sun-roof?

Thread Starter #7
The Hyundai i40 sedan will be placed under the D segment in Europe where the company is not able to capture the segment well.

And also why is that i see lots of lines in the roof , does this car have a sun-roof?
Looks like the sunroof bug has bitten you hard:wink:. I cant see sunroof in any of the pics posted above, but the production version may sport one since it has become a standard equipment on the cars of this segment.

Last edited:

Top Bottom