Hyundai i20 Tyres & Alloys Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
I own a elite I20 2018 make Era diesel clocked 30,000 k.m. So far happy with the performance of the car. Now its time to change the worn-out tyres and am thinking of upgrading the 185/70 R14 steel wheels to alloys. I have been offered four numbers of Diamond Cut Alloys that comes with top model asta. So I assume Era to top model Asta are one and same except some bells and whistles. correct me if I 'am wrong. Will there be any problems with suspension in the future in this upgrade. All replies appreciated.

Hyundai-Elite-i20-facelift-alloy-wheel.jpg

deville_56

Honoured Member
I own a elite I20 2018 make Era diesel clocked 30,000 k.m. So far happy with the performance of the car. Now its time to change the worn-out tyres and am thinking of upgrading the 185/70 R14 steel wheels to alloys. I have been offered four numbers of Diamond Cut Alloys that comes with top model asta. So I assume Era to top model Asta are one and same except some bells and whistles. correct me if I 'am wrong. Will there be any problems with suspension in the future in this upgrade. All replies appreciated.

View attachment 274867
Yeah. Suspension and components are same. You can upgrade to 16 inch with no issue. Those diamond cut ones are the best looking ones in the entire i20 wheel series.

Thread Starter #3
Thank you for the confirmation. i upgraded to original alloys along with four apollo alnac tyres.Clearance has raised litttle ride quality compromised a bit though.

Apart from apollo alnac tyres good year assurance triple max was the only option in the price range@ Rs 6500 per tyre.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Great, but could've avoided the Alnacs. Got 2 tyres bulged on Baleno and refused warranty saying it's user fault.

Thank you for the confirmation. i upgraded to original alloys along with four apollo alnac tyres.Clearance has raised litttle ride quality compromised a bit though.

Apart from apollo alnac tyres good year assurance triple max was the only option in the price range@ Rs 6500 per tyre.
What all drawbacks you faced after the upgrade (low mileage, bumpy ride, tyre touching the arch?)
Please advise as I am also planing the same is it worth doing.

Top Bottom