Hyundai i20 / Elite i20: Technical Problems & Solutions

Re: i20 Technical Faults

i know you own next gen i10. so what do you think which car is perfect. please i'd like to know.
Hyundai fails in basics thats what im trying to acknowledge here.

I dont want any discussions here in this regard

If u want to praise hyundai,go ahead

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Re: Hyundai i20 Technical Faults

Hope this does not turn out to be a Hyundai bashing thread. I know at least 20 people in my circle who are driving Hyundai cars. And I make it a point to gather feedback from all car owners in general. I am yet to meet a Hyundai car owner who is not happy with his/her car.

This might be an exceptional case cuz I don't have official feedback numbers from the field. Neither do I have official numbers for other brands of cars.

2009 i20 - known common issues

just wanted to point out few common issues which have happened with me as well as other owners of 2009 hyundai i20 magna petrol (may or may not apply to other years/models) -

1) terrible mileage: don't know how to elaborate this - the mileage maxed out at 6-8 kmpl over it's last 3 years' existence. A.S.C. guys are clueless, so are we, the owners and drivers.

2) keys stop working: the keys simply stopped working in the ignition after one year, another six months for the door locks. used the spare key from thereon, and 3 years later, you end up with 2 useless keys. A.S.C. suggest "misuse" or "lock damage", and try to get you to spend 6000 bucks or so on a full lock and key set change since "aapka to extended warranty nahin hai na". i say - call up the local hyundai office, and do not get off the phone until the service manager at the other end of the line ACCEPTS that this is a recurring problem in many cars, and therefore is a manufacturing defect. That's how i got my locks changed for free, btw [:D]

3) Horns: an annoyance more than anything else, the horns randomly stop working every once in a while, and eventually conk out. the mechanics simply have to open up the entire front grille to get to it, and tighten some loose wires or whatever, but this happens so frequently that i just paid 700 or so to the ASC to just change the damn honking machine.

this post served two purposes for me - venting out my frustration, and educating the good folks on this forum. others may comment as they see fit. [glasses]

Re: 2009 i20 - known common issues

Probably you got a lemon.

Hyundai are heard for good reliable vehicle, yours sounds like inflicted from Fiat .

Re: 2009 i20 - known common issues

Probably you got a lemon.

Hyundai are heard for good reliable vehicle, yours sounds like inflicted from Fiat .
one of my relatives bought his i20 magna petrol few months after i did, and his baby also suffers from all of the above problems. plus, the hyundai roadside assistance guy who came to start my car when the key got stuck in the ignition, even he told me this is very common in i20, and thats how i got the idea of getting locks changed for free after complaining to hyundai local office. if it really wasn't a common problem, i dont think any amount of yelling would have gotten the service manager guy from hyundai to waive of rs. 6000 for new locks and keys for 2 and half yr old car.

Re: i20 Technical Faults

Hi Shubham,
Thanks for the tip. I will surely try this out. Is this a technical fault??
Now a days i started getting another similar problem. When i am in third gear and on a road turn when i need to downshift to 2nd gear, it does not get into. After pusing gear 2-3 time only it get into 2nd gear. Any idea about this issue.

I just started reading this thread & let me also share. I have troubles shifting from 3rd to 4th. It's not smooth or easy everytime & have to sometimes slightly apply force as well. It's a new CRDI sportz with just 600 Kms covered in a weeks time.Will get this checked during first free service.

No offence to hyundai fans but I cant approve their quality especially the i20. A cousin has a 2012 Asta diesel. Cheap quality bumper and brakes are also not working properly.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

No offence to hyundai fans but I cant approve their quality especially the i20. A cousin has a 2012 Asta diesel. Cheap quality bumper and brakes are also not working properly.
bumper is fragile in the verna as well. don't know what's with hyundai ad bumpers [anger]

Especially in Indian conditions, good quality bumpers are a must as people have a habit of kissing the bumpers every so often with their 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers.

Especially in Indian conditions, good quality bumpers are a must as people have a habit of kissing the bumpers every so often with their 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers.
Bumpers are made softer to maintain pedestrian safety . One cannot overlook safety against pockets. God forbid,In a circumstance where you hit a person with softer bumper could decrease lethality against a harder and stiffer one ending into bone fractures or death.

Hyundai sale only lemons!
What a world , Hyundai sells lemon and Honda steals money..looks like thugs and thieves are having heyday in Indian soil!![confused]

Top Bottom