Hyundai i20 Audio Upgrade

you could use the focal fpp amps or the infinity kappa 4
Yes i researched about Infinity Kappa 4 which has 125watts per channel and it's a 4 channel amplifier but i doubt if the amplifier actually produces 125watts. Cost of the amplifier is 20k in snapdeal. Is that price good?

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #35
Yes i researched about Infinity Kappa 4 which has 125watts per channel and it's a 4 channel amplifier but i doubt if the amplifier actually produces 125watts. Cost of the amplifier is 20k in snapdeal. Is that price good?

Regards,
Sankar
Hi sankar the kappa 4 is very nice amp and for 20k it's a steal

Buying it of snap deal is ok But I think the krx3 is priced more expensive on snap deal so check your local accessory shops if not ill let you know what price I'm getting
It here for and could send it to you

See guys i don't wanna ruin the discussions but as far as i know nothing can replace a sub woofer, cause only a sub can produce perfect low notes. Leave focal krx2 or rainbow platinum(costs some 2.5 lac). I know someone using rainbow platinum series speakers and have 2 subs in the boot of his punto.
But you can surely get good amount of bass with good speakers, but can't replace a sub with any speaker set.

Btw @Vinie are the speakers new, cause i think mrp of krx2 is ~60 grand.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
See guys i don't wanna ruin the discussions but as far as i know nothing can replace a sub woofer, cause only a sub can produce perfect low notes. Leave focal krx2 or rainbow platinum(costs some 2.5 lac). I know someone using rainbow platinum series speakers and have 2 subs in the boot of his punto.
But you can surely get good amount of bass with good speakers, but can't replace a sub with any speaker set.

hey vivek i totally agree with what you say

once you have heard music in your car with good thump from your subwoofers

its very difficult to give it up and listen to music without it

but then again how much bass is enough changes from person to person and setup to setup

and my point earlier also was that these speakers recreate enough bass in my front doors near to where i sit to compensate to my subwoofer in the trunk

and yes the krx2 are brand new and the mrp is 50k

and hope fully you know that in the car audio line in india

you very rarely buy anything on MRP its

always discounted

Hi sankar the kappa 4 is very nice amp and for 20k it's a steal

Buying it of snap deal is ok But I think the krx3 is priced more expensive on snap deal so check your local accessory shops if not ill let you know what price I'm getting
It here for and could send it to you
Hi Vinie,

The link to Kappa 4 in snap deal.

Infinity - Kappa Four Four Channel Full-Range Class D Car Audio Amplifier - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Is this a good deal?

Regards,
Sankar

Hi Vivek,

Subwoofer in trunk has one major disadvantage as it eats up lots of boot space. In my case it's ok as my Dzire has 460 litres of boot space but for guys like vinie using hatchback the boot space is very limited and if somehow subwoofer can be eliminated and still bass can be retained in the ICE setup then i would call such a setup "Awesome"[clap]. Preferences are indivigual but if i had own a hatchback i would also try to eliminate subwoofer.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #40
vivek there are 6.5 " subs from DD as well as ground zero rating upto 250w rms as well which could be made to fit the the doors as well

Then there is one more sol, and you can use shallow subs like bull audio has it can be installed below the seats.
Are shallow sub and active subwoofers same?

vivek there are 6.5 " subs from DD as well as ground zero rating upto 250w rms as well which could be made to fit the the doors as well
Subwoofer in door pads? If fitted to my car's door pads the pads will blow off for sure.[:D]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #42
Are shallow sub and active subwoofers same?

no they are not active woofers come with built in amps

Subwoofer in door pads? If fitted to my car's door pads the pads will blow off for sure.[:D]

Regards,
Sankar
i think most cars door pads will not support it

Thread Starter #44
Then no use having a 6.5" subwoofer I guess[:D] Doesn't a 3 channel components require 3 dedicated channels? Can a 4 channel be used to power a 3 channel component and a 2 channel components?

Regards,
Sankar
sankar they are called 3-way components

and they generally come with a crossover so u can make a pair work on 2 channels

or bridge them and run them on 4 channel

and if you plan to run a 3 way active setup you will need a 6 channel amp for them

I don't know about GZ but DDs are definitely gonna make holes in the door of most of the cars having thin sheet metal.[lol]

sankar they are called 3-way components

and they generally come with a crossover so u can make a pair work on 2 channels

or bridge them and run them on 4 channel

and if you plan to run a 3 way active setup you will need a 6 channel amp for them
But as far as i know you have to use only one channel if you are using crossover in 3 ways, otherwise you would need 6 separate channels.

Top Bottom