Hyundai i20 6 Speed Crystal White – 1 Year and Counting – A Bliss

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and I am super excited to post my ownership review. We had owned a 2005 Santro XO for 5 years and after my marriage, I started using it regularly to work. Since this was the only car we had, we managed to clock 100000 kms in 5 years and 5 months. After which we realized a need for a seperate car. My santro also started showing signs of aging . After weeks of brain storming , we decided to buy not 1 but 2 cars. Both had to be Hyundai as my dad really likes Hyundai cars. My dad got a Hyundai i10 Kappa2 for himself . At the time of delivery of my dad's i10, I saw the lovely i20 standing in the showroom and fell in love with her. After weeks of negotiations with my family , I finally booked a Hyundai i20 Magna ( CRDI) for myself to be delivered in 2 weeks.

The owner of the showroom happened to be my Dad's friend and the day we went to make some partial payment , he convinced my dad to opt for a sportz as it has more features at a marginal increase in the price. I was super convinced about getting an ASTA and not sportz however Sportz would do good to me as well.

Finally my dad agreed for the sportz and we reapplied for a loan and re-signed the paperwork with the bank . With all the formalities done. I was all set to get my lovely i20 in March 2010.

Finally after waiting for around 30 mins and signing all my papers, I saw my lovely crystal white i20 CRDI Sportz shining like a star. I was not listening to the Sales advisor as to whatever he was explaining me about the features of the lovely car.

As soon as he was done explaining, I zoomed off and went to the bunk to fill up my sweety with diesel . got it filled for 1800 bucks, ( It was Rs 37.75 at that time) . and off we went. My observations

1) Super light Steering
2) ACC is a blessing( Works for me)
3) Superior grip on the road ( Thanks to the 185/65 )
4) Excellent exterior looks
5) Super spacious interiors
6)the power it gains at 1700 RPM

-Ve's
1) Hear a loud thud when taken through deep potholes
2) Not a very plush and bump free ride
3) I get jealous when some swift owners say " My car gives me a mileage of 20 in city

Service Experience

1) First Service - Got teflon coating and underbody coating done . Total cost 3600.

2) Second service - Oil change, filter change, diesel additive. Total Cost 4700.

The car has clocked 17000 Kms till date . Coming to the FE figures

1) I change gears at 1600 RPM and manage a mileage of 16-1 KMPL in city
2) The max i could extract from the car and yes its true ( 26.9 KMPL) Without A/C and on the highway. Even the SA was shocked to hear that.

3) The lowest I got is 13 KMPL with some spirited driving. I hardly engage the 6th gear in city. Its the highway which uses the 6th gear more often then not.

I will keep you posted about the 3rd service as my car completes 1 year exact 29 days from now.

Thanks for being patient with me . Will update soon

350Z

Core Team
re: 1 year and counting with the Crystal White beast - A Bliss

Welcome to The Automotive India and congrats for Hyundai i20. You’re lucky to own the 6 Speed model as its not available anymore. By the way I don’t think Teflon was required. Anyways eagerly looking to some images. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi diehardi20,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Thanks for sharing the review with us. This load thud sound which you have mentioned is common to most of the i20's. I got a chance to drive my uncle's i20 Petrol last year on a 250km stretch and i too experienced this thud.

Welcome to TAI diehardi20 and congrats for I-20, waiting for pics!

@diehard i20.

Superb. one more i20 CRDi.. 17000 Kms prefect run for your car.

My i20 magna CRDi has just cloaked. 32000 KMS. Yesterday was my car's b'day. :)

post awesome sportz pics...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice writeup buddy, welcome to TAI
PLease post some pics [:)]

welcome to TAI and congratulations for your I-20. That's a nice car and your top FE is just amazing man.

diehardi20,Welcome to this forum

-Ve's
1) Hear a loud thud when taken through deep potholes
2) Not a very plush and bump free ride

3) I get jealous when some swift owners say " My car gives me a mileage of 20 in city
Do not bother, never trust those guys either their mathematics is wrong or intentionally trying to prove something imaginary.

The car has clocked 17000 Kms till date . Coming to the FE figures

1) I change gears at 1600 RPM and manage a mileage of 16-1 KMPL in city
2) The max i could extract from the car and yes its true ( 26.9 KMPL) Without A/C and on the highway. Even the SA was shocked to hear that.

3) The lowest I got is 13 KMPL with some spirited driving. I hardly engage the 6th gear in city. Its the highway which uses the 6th gear more often then not.

I will keep you posted about the 3rd service as my car completes 1 year exact 29 days from now.

Thanks for being patient with me . Will update soon
So very true about i20 fuel figures. and I wish you better figure when the diesal heart clocks more miles in odo.

When I was out for hatch hunt one the owner said he is getting 26kmpl in city with this 6 gear i20. I simply considered it as a bullshit and moved ahead.

Happy riding.

Welcome aboard diehardi20! Nice write up. Need some pics pls!!

Wish you many happy miles on the ride[:)]

lxi.

Suspended

Nice writup buddy.
Wishing you happy mile crunching!
Waiting for Pics!

Thread Starter #11
Hi Everyone !!!!!

Thanks a lot for your replies.!!!!! i willl soon upload pics .

@diehard i20.

Superb. one more i20 CRDi.. 17000 Kms prefect run for your car.

My i20 magna CRDi has just cloaked. 32000 KMS. Yesterday was my car's b'day. :)

post awesome sportz pics...

Happy Birthday to your car. !!!!! My completes 1 year on 23 march 2011 Happy Mile Crunching

Thread Starter #12

Hi Everyone !!!!!

Happy Birthday to your car. !!!!! My completes 1 year on 23 march 2011 Happy Mile Crunching
My Bad its 23 March 2012 . Happy Mile Crunching again

Thread Starter #14

Hi All,

Some pics which I had handy. Will upload more soon.

i201.jpg

i202.jpg

My ride in great condition not so for me !!!!!

Me with my ride.jpg

Last edited:

Hi Everyone !!!!!

Thanks buddy.

Your Whitey sportz looks awesome.

Top Bottom