Hyundai i20 (2020) Launched

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Hyundai India is all-set to launch the next-generation i20 in India next month on November 5. The company has also started accepting pre-bookings for the 2020 Hyundai i20 for an amount of ₹ 21,000 and the cars have already started arriving at dealership yards. The new i20 will be offered in Magna, Sportz, Asta and Asta (O) variants and there will be a wide range of engine and gearbox combinations to choose from, just like we have seen in newer models from the Korean carmaker's stable.

The Korean carmaker says that the new i20 has been designed keeping four elements in mind which are proportion, architecture, design, technology. The cabin of the new i20 has been completely revamped and it is likely to be an finished in all-black. The long list of features will include digital instrument cluster, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit, flat-bottom steering with mounted controls, dual airbags, rear AC vents, charging sockets and Hyundai's BlueLink connected car technology among others.

Read

Thread Starter #4

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Hyundai i20 Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 6.80 Lakh

0vuc5h4o_2020-hyundai-i20_625x300_05_November_20.jpg

Hyundai India has launched the new-generation i20 in the country and prices start at ₹ 6.80 lakh (ex-showroom India). The all-new Hyundai i20 is based on the K Platform and is longer, wider and has a longer wheelbase as well. Available in both petrol and diesel variants, the new i20 has a lot to offer. The prices for the petrol variants start at ₹ 6.80 lakh and go all the way up to ₹ 11.18 lakh. The diesel model costs ₹ 8.20 lakh and tops out at ₹ 10.60 lakh (ex-showroom India). The Hyundai i20 is available in 4 variants – Magna, Sportz, Asta and Asta (O). A lot has changed with the new generation of the car and so we take you through every aspect. Do note the prices are introductory and will be valid till December 31, 2020.

The new i20 gets an industry-first Oxyboost Air Purifier with air quality display, a large 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment with navigation, Bose 7-speaker sound system, blue-coloured ambient light theme, wireless phone charging with cooling pad and a large digital cluster with TFT Multi-information display. Hyundai's BlueLink technology also makes its way into the i20 for the first time ever.

The rear is, perhaps, where the most noticeable design changes are at. This could be because of how radical the all-new Z-shaped tail light here appear - especially when lit, and a chrome belt line that connects the two units on either side. A reflector on top and two on either side at the bottom, just above the blackened plate compliment and complete the profile.

Extra time seems to have been spent on ensuring that the cabin layout of the new i20 isn't just functional and doesn't just prioritize features - which it does - but has a clear emphasis on spaciousness.

The slight increase in width and wheelbase may be marginal but the increase in the space quotient on the inside - especially in the rear - is absolutely evident. The leg room for back-seat passengers has gone up with decent levels of knee room, head room as well as under-thigh support. The windows are adequately sized while a one-touch electric sunroof makes its debut in the i20 as well.

The new i20 gets an industry-first Oxyboost Air Purifier with air quality display, a large 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment with navigation, Bose 7-speaker sound system, blue-coloured ambient light theme, wireless phone charging with cooling pad and a large digital cluster with TFT Multi-information display. Hyundai's BlueLink technology also makes its way into the i20 for the first time ever.

Hyundai i20 2020 will now get a 1.0-litre Turbo petrol and, frankly, that is hardly a surprise considering the popularity this engine has seen in other products offered by the company. This engine option will come mated to a DCT or iMT gearbox.

Then there a 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine mated to either IVT or a five-speed manual transmission unit, and a 1.5-litre diesel engine with a six-speed manual gearbox.

Hyundai also emphasizes that it has paid attention to the safety aspect more than ever before and therefore, the new i20 makes use of 66% high-strength steel which improves its crash-worthiness. (Read more here)

Other highlights on this front include segment-best six airbags, Vehicle Stability Management, Electronic Stability Control, Hill Assist Control, Rear Parking Camera with sensor display.

Source

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
More pictures..

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-InnerKv-Pc.jpg

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Exterior-Top-PC.jpg

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Exterior-Bottom-1.jpg

(Chrome outside door handles)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Exterior-Bottom-2.jpg

(Puddle lamps with welcome function

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Exterior-Bottom-4.jpg

(Turn Indicators on outside mirrors)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Exterior-Mid-Front-2-revised.jpg

(Projecter headlight)

Hyundai_Blue_Link_Image_1_PC.jpg

(Artificial Intelligence through Voice Assistance.)

Hyundai_Blue_Link_Image_2_PC_1600x518_Safety_Features_SOS_button_on_Rear_View_Mirror.jpg

Hyundai_Blue_Link_Image_3_PC_Security_Features_Hand_Smartphone_Blue_Link_App.jpg

Hyundai_Blue_Link_Image_4_PC_1600x518_Convenience_features_Girl_holding_smartphone_withblue_li...jpg

(Convenience at your fingertips)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Mid-1-revised.jpg

(Digital Cluster with TFT Multi Information Display (MID))

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Bottom-10.jpg

(Fully automatic temperature control (FATC))

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Mid-2.jpg

(26.03 cm HD touchscreen infotainment & navigation system)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Bottom-8.jpg

(Glovebox Cooling)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Bottom-7.jpg

(Smart entry with push button start/stop)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Bottom-9.jpg

(Rear smartphone pocket)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Performance-Bottom-1.jpg

(5- speed Manual transmission & Intelligent manual transmission (iMT-6MT))

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Performance-Bottom-2.jpg

(7-Speed DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) and Intelligent variable transmission (IVT))

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Safety-Bottom-1.jpg

(Emergency stop signal)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Safety-Bottom-2.jpg

(isofix)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Safety-Bottom-3.jpg

(Driver rear view monitor (DRVM))

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Safety-Bottom-4.jpg

(Electronic stability control (ESC))

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Convenience-Page-Bottom-2.jpg

(Electric sunroof)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Convenience-Page-Bottom-5.jpg

(Cruise control)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Convenience-Page-Bottom-7.jpg

(Rear air ventilation system)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Mid2-3.jpg

(Bose premium 7 speaker system)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Mid2-4-revised.jpg

(Hyundai BlueLink with over the air (OTA) map)​

350Z

Core Team
Thanks @Nairrk for the timely updates as usual. Sharing a couple of launch images as well as TVC of New Hyundai i20.

Hyundai-i20-2020.jpg

Hyundai-i20-Launch.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
More pictures

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Exterior-Mid-Front-4-revised.jpg

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Mid-1.jpg

(Oxyboost air purifier with air quality indicator)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Bottom-3-Revised-n.jpg

(Metal pedals)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Mid-2.jpg

(Wireless charger with cooling pad)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Bottom-5.jpg

(Turbo branding on front grille)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Bottom-4-revised.jpg

(Premium leather seat upholstery)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Highlights-Mid-3.jpg

(Soothing blue ambient lighting)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Bottom-5.jpg

(Leather wrapped steering wheel)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Interior-Bottom-6-revised.jpg

(Eco Coating - Breathe in fresh air with Eco Coating that keeps the air conditioning system in an initial state for a long time)

Hyundai-i20-premium-hatchback-Performance-Mid-2.jpg
(1.0 Turbo GDi petrol engine)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Ridiculous pricing. Top end diesel variant if launched would have costed 1060000 ex showroom. I will compare the features of this car with other similar cars tomorrow. Hyundai is becoming too greedy.

Ridiculous pricing. Top end diesel variant if launched would have costed 1060000 ex showroom. I will compare the features of this car with other similar cars tomorrow. Hyundai is becoming too greedy.
the pricing is quite high however still under Honda Jazz
To me interiors, especially dashboard is a no with with those slats [frustration]

To me if Tata launches turbo - I would go for Altroz.

Is it only me who feels the Rear Design similar to Tata Nexon?
All 1st in segment features are available in a ASTA (O) variant which costs 10.77, 12.96 and 13.77 on road price(Mumbai) for 1.5P, 1.5D and 1.0l respectively. Too Expensive in my opinion.
Most Expensive in the segment.
The price is touching other segments especially the in demand C-SUV.
Why would anyone choose a i20 hatchback for 13.77 where he can select from City,Sonet,Brezza,S-Cross,Creta and Seltos.

Thread Starter #11

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes indeed, the pricing is not in line for a hatchback. I doubt people will go for it at that price range just because of the brand name.
Let's wait and see the market response.

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai is offering Genuine Accessories in three packs for New i20. Sharing an excerpt from Press Release:

Hyundai Genuine All-New i20 Essentio Pack that comes with all the essential accessories to make your all-new i20 look extra elegant at a much effective and pocket friendly price. It includes Door Visor - Chrome Insert, Door Side Moulding - Chrome, Rear Boot Garnish - Chrome, Bumper Corner Protector, Body Cover - Standard, Steering Wheel Cover - Black, Boot Mat, 3D Mat, Neck Rest Cushion and Car Perfume - Can and is priced at Rs. 11450/- inclusive of all taxes.

Hyundai Genuine All-New i20 Premium Pack promises to give a touch of sophistication to the interiors and exteriors of your all-new i20. It not only adds to the style but also enhance the overall driving experience. It comes with Bumper Corner Protector, Door Visor - Chrome Insert, Door Side Moulding - Chrome, Lower Bumper Garnish, Sunshade - Row A+B, Sunshade - R, Seat Cover Standard Range (Any 1), Steering Wheel Cover - Black+Red, Dual Layer Mat, Neck Rest Cushion and Car Perfume Can and is priced at Rs. 20559/- inclusive of all taxes.

Hyundai Genuine All-New i20 Radiant Pack is a complete package designed to cater all the needs in terms of superior looks and class apart comfort while on the go. It covers Lower Bumper Garnish, Body Cover - Premium, Door Visor - Chrome Insert, Door Side Moulding - Chrome, Bumper Corner Protector, Door Sill Guard - Dual Tone, ORVM Garnish, Tail Lamp Garnish, Head Lamp Garnish, Rear Boot Garnish - Chrome, Steering Wheel Cover - Black, Carpet Mat Designer, Seat Cover Premium Range (Any 1), Boot Mat, Sunshade Row A+B, Car Care Kit, Car Perfume - Can and Neck Rest Cushion. This range is priced at Rs. 25552/- inclusive of all taxes.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Perfect hatchback car for indian roads. Comfortable and spacious. Power is good and very convenient for long trips. Comfortable for 4 person.

Thread Starter #15

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai i20 line-up to get a variant rejig, revised features list

20220302062956_Hyundai_i20.jpg

The Hyundai i20 is set to receive a variant reshuffle soon. Dealer sources tell us that the update will see the introduction of new variants in the line-up, discontinuation of some existing variants and an update to the hatchback's equipment list too. The move could be in a bid to keep the i20’s equipment on par with its newer rivals like the recently launched Baleno, the upcoming Altroz DCA automatic and the new Toyota Glanza that is due soon.
Hyundai i20: variant changes explained
According to dealers, the i20 will get two new variants with two existing variants being discontinued. The mid-spec i20 Magna will be sold with the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine paired with the 7-speed DCT gearbox. This variant so far was available with the turbo-petrol mill, though only with the iMT gearbox.

Also new will be the 1.2 petrol-CVT combination on the fully-loaded Asta(O) variant – the unit could previously be had only with a manual gearbox in this variant.

Meanwhile, the higher mid-spec i20 Asta variant will be reduced to just two petrol variants – the 1.2-petrol manual and 1.0 turbo iMT. The current Asta 1.2 petrol CVT and 1.0 turbo DCT variants will be dropped from the listing.

Hyundai i20: Sportz, Asta, Asta(O) to get updated equipment list
Depending on the variant, buyers will also have some additional features on the new i20. Starting from the bottom up, the i20 Sportz trim will get the addition of some comfort features such as auto climate control and cruise control. The former was previously available from the Asta trim onwards while the latter was exclusive to the fully-loaded Asta(O).

The i20 Asta trim is also expected to get a sunroof as standard – it was previously only available on the turbo-petrol iMT model. Dealers also tell us that the Asta could see some feature deletion, most notably moving to the smaller 8.0-inch touchscreen from the current 10.25-inch unit and the deletion of connected car features.

The Asta(O) meanwhile is set to get some additional voice commands for the Blue Link system.

Autocar

Top Bottom