Hyundai i10 Vibration issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have an Hyundai i10 Magna which is 4 months old. While driving, after every 5-10 mins the whole car starts shaking. On enquiring with a workshop the guy said that there might be an issue with radiator since the same happens when i just switch on the AC. He said reason could be either problem in radiator fan or some dirt stuck up in fan.

Around a month back i had gone to a village and there my car got stuck in wet dirt (keechad). So i thought that the wet dirt might have been jamming the fan.

On visiting Orion Hyundai Gurgaon the service guy says that the radiator support is broken and said it will cost me 9000 Rs. I couldnt verify the fact if it really is broken or he is just trying to mint the money. Just on being stuck in a keechad i doubt if radiator support can break so easily.

Can anyone point out how to verify this fact and what wouldd be cost of said part.

Thanks in advance

Hi Brent,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
Sad to hear the issue you are facing with your new car. Did this trouble start after the incident when your car stuck in mud? Was the car running trouble free before that?

As for the radiator, maybe some Hyundai owner can confirm about the cost, but i dont think the incident which happened with your car can damage the radiator to such an extent. IMO do try some other service centre and take their verdict too.

Thread Starter #3
Hi Brent,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
Sad to hear the issue you are facing with your new car. Did this trouble start after the incident when your car stuck in mud? Was the car running trouble free before that?

As for the radiator, maybe some Hyundai owner can confirm about the cost, but i dont think the incident which happened with your car can damage the radiator to such an extent. IMO do try some other service centre and take their verdict too.
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, car was running absolutely fine prior to this incident. And after this incident the trouble started. After i have been driving it for a while, then the car shaked every 5-10 minutes for few seconds. One mechanic gave me a reason and which looks reasonable to me.

He said there is mud stuck in your radiator fan and when the engine heats up the fan starts and it vibrates and then it stops. and this thing keeps happening every few minutes depending on the climate and driving conditions.

I agree with you, just being stuck up in mud looks unlikely to damage a new ca's radiator to such an extent, moreso when there has been no collissions or accident.

Thanks again for your reply.

He said there is mud stuck in your radiator fan and when the engine heats up the fan starts and it vibrates and then it stops. and this thing keeps happening every few minutes depending on the climate and driving conditions.

I agree with you, just being stuck up in mud looks unlikely to damage a new ca's radiator to such an extent, moreso when there has been no collissions or accident.

Thanks again for your reply.
The reason told to you by your mechanic is correct. That issue can be easily resolved by cleaning the radiator. And did you see the broken radiator at the workshop when it was being replaced?
Like i said in my previous pot, f you have still not got the issue resolved, i would suggest you to get some advice from some other service centre too.

350Z

Core Team
Brent, Never rely upon the response of a particular dealership. Most of them are usually keen to take one for a ride. Confirming with other (at least three to four) of them including local workshops will be the safest bet. If all have same response, this must be taken into consideration seriously otherwise why not try to perform a clean-up with air pressure of engine bay at a dealership? Perhaps this would solve automatically if nothing has been damaged inside. And yes, do ask Orion guy to show where is the damage on radiator support if you chance by him again.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am also facing this issue. The RPM of my car has now dropped to 500 instead of 850. and the car shudders all of a sudden and even when I start the AC.

Hyundai jokers are not able to solve it and say that it is normal. Any clue what should be the problem?

Recently I had a blown spark plug and I replaced all plugs and their chords too.

I have traced the vibration issue in my i10 auto. It's the muffler/silencer which is making this noise causing vibrations. Any idea what may be wrong? My guess is a stone might have hit from bottom and could be,

1. Punctured Muffler/silencer
2. Misaligned muffler/silencer (read loose)
3. Catalytic convertor gone kaput?

I have traced the vibration issue in my i10 auto. It's the muffler/silencer which is making this noise causing vibrations. Any idea what may be wrong? My guess is a stone might have hit from bottom and could be,

1. Punctured Muffler/silencer
2. Misaligned muffler/silencer (read loose)
3. Catalytic convertor gone kaput?

Well guys, one guy from hyundai was able to trace the vibration problem correctly after checking all things mentioned in above post of mine.

The problem is with engine belt, which needs a spray to takeout all stuck rubber onto pulley. At the same time the particular spray was out of stock[frustration].

I am going through the same problem of radiator support . I got my car serviced from samara model town , the mechanic over there told me that radiator support is broken and would cost around 10k with fan included. Can you help me with details , that would be really appreciated?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I am going through the same problem of radiator support . I got my car serviced from samara model town , the mechanic over there told me that radiator support is broken and would cost around 10k with fan included. Can you help me with details , that would be really appreciated?
Get the radiator support from local car market. No point spending 10k for a plastic support [anger]

I bought the same from model town market for 2100rs and paid 900rs labor 3 years back. So you may have to spend 4k or 3500rs.

Attachments

Top Bottom